• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it possibly be a region thing? :huh: That it was removed from the prints for certain countries due to whatever views/rules they have on certain types of violence in entertainment? (for example, I want to say that 2003's Peter Pan had the headbutt that Hook gives Peter removed from the UK print)...

*yes, I'm holding out hope that the blade will be present on the US release... it sounds macabre, but there's something about the image, it adds to the feeling of the moment, IMO*

Guess we might just have to wait and see on that though.

Edit: Kane - you and I seem to be on the same wavelength ;)

That's doubtful but I still hope you guys will get the uncensored version. Anyways, I see no valid/legal reason why the french prints of the movie would've been specifically censored for that matter while the movie was rated the equivalent of G when it played in cinemas.

Edit: Kane - you and I seem to be on the same wavelength ;)

:batman::up:

Well for a PG-13 rating, they didn't completely show the spearhead on the otherside where you see Loki doing it until after it's done. Otherwise if they had shown Loki impaling Coulson it would've gotten a R rating. (at least that's from my understanding)

So it's ok to show the killings of hundreds of Chitauris, but 'oh no' don't show Coulson's chest!

Chitauri discrimination. Just because they have faces like ghoulish skeletons does not mean they don't deserve love.

Exactly. They deserve censorship too.

They might look weird but they're great lovers.

You know what they say... Once you go Chitauri, you won't be sorry.

I really wish that scene with Steve had been in the movie. It added so much depth to his story. There was so little dialogue, yet Evans conveyed Steve's sense of isolation and pain beautifully. Joss should just break down and do a director's cut so we can see the scene in sequence, as it was intended.
Only reasons I see for not including it would be for tone and disruption of flow of the movie.

That is indeed a great deleted scene, the one with Rogers.
I'm guessing they are also saving those little personal moments for The Winter Soldier sequel.

Just fyi, it looks like The Avengers Blu Ray has leaked. That's why some of these "Deleted Scenes" are showing up online and then almost immediately being taken down.

q35wo.gif

Beautiful!

For anyone who saw it, can you describe the deleted Captain America scene?

It starts with some WWII newsreel footage of Cap which we find out Cap is watching (on a laptop/tablet?), his face is forlorn. He then starts sifting through some paper files of his former comrades, a lot of them with "DECEASED" stamped across the file. He gets to Peggy's file, looks at it and notices that she's listed as "RETIRED" with a current address (in Winchester) and phone number, he looks across the room to the phone on the table, obviously contemplating calling her. He sets her file aside to reveal Howard Stark's (with "DECEASED" across it) and below that one is a more recent SHIELD file for Tony Stark. The scene then cuts to outside as Cap walks down the street with street pedlers pushing disposable/prepaid cell phones, a store showcasing the latest model of car. He ends up at the outdoor cafe below Stark Tower. He's sketching the tower when the waitress (whom he saves later) comes up to him asking if he's there hoping to catch a glimpse of Iron Man, since that's why a lot of people come to the cafe. He says maybe some other time and she tells him he's free to sit at the table as long as he'd like. She walks away and Stan Lee, sitting at a table behind Cap, tells him he should get her number. It goes to him on a train, sitting by himself. Then it then cuts to Cap at the giving the owner (?) some money and receiving a key and then we find ourselves at the introduction of him that we see in the film proper (him punching away at a punching bag)

Regarding the spearhead, I could be wrong, but I think its missing because the clip is before special effects were added, ie this were the takes that werent used and so the spear tip was never added in post production.

The first part shows a newsreel of Cap from WWII. It cuts to Steve looking at dossiers of people he served with in WWII (Howlin' Commandos, Peggy, Howard Stark.) While looking at Peggy's file, he sees her phone number and thinks about calling her, but stops. After deciding against calling, he looks at Howard Stark's file and then Tony's. It then cuts to him walking in NYC, probably Brooklyn, by an Acura dealership.

Next shots are of him on a train going into Manhattan, where he is at a diner getting served by the waitress that we saw in most of the trailers. She talks about how the place is busy due to people wanting to catch a sight of Iron Man. Steve pays his bill, thinking that since the place is busy and he's done that he has to leave, which makes the waitress say there's no rush and that there's free wireless. Steve says,"Radio?" and the waitress smiles a bit after hearing him say that. Stan Lee is sitting at the table behind him and tells Steve to ask her for her number.

The clip ends with Steve getting a locker at the gym seen in the movie and him using a heavy bag in the empty gym, which is the start of the scene where Fury comes in.

Regarding the spearhead, I could be wrong, but I think its missing because the clip is before special effects were added, ie this were the takes that werent used and so the spear tip was never added in post production.
That's probably the most logical explanation. I doubt they would have pulled that part from the Blu-ray release after being in the theatrical version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"