• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

Dunno if anyone has seen it but the Batgirl directors recently did an interview where they spoke about their influences on the movie and specifically say that have tried to emulate the OG Tim Burton movies, as well as Batman the animated series.

I think this movie will be dope

Dunno if anyone has seen it but the Batgirl directors recently did an interview where they spoke about their influences on the movie and specifically say that have tried to emulate the OG Tim Burton movies, as well as Batman the animated series.

I think this movie will be dope
All signs also point to a Batgirl: Year One influence as well. Combining that comic with those screen influences has such incredible potential. I do hope that either this, or a sequel will bring in Nightwing. Their current romance in the comics could influence introducing him.

All signs also point to a Batgirl: Year One influence as well. Combining that comic with those screen influences has such incredible potential. I do hope that either this, or a sequel will bring in Nightwing. Their current romance in the comics could influence introducing him.
There were rumors of Dylan O’Brien having a small role as Dick/Nightwing in this movie so I hope it comes to fruition

Bilall Fallah and Adil El Arbi gave an interview about Batgirl to the French magazine PREMIERE. I made a modest translation of the article, right below. I don't know if that kind of thing are allowed to share on the board...If it's a problem and a moderator comes... please show mercy ! :D

In any case, enjoy!

------------------

Batgirl "will be between Batman TAS and Tim Burton's movie".
[EXCLUSIVE]

Bilall Fallah and Adil El Arbi, Miss Marvel and Bad Boys 3 directors, talk about their Batgirl movie that will be released "only after The Flash".

"We're currently editing Batgirl"
, co-director Bilall Fallah told us last May at the Cannes Film Festival. On the Croisette to defend Rebel (a beautiful dramatic thriller about ISIS, its communication methods and indoctrination, from the point of view of Belgium and Syria. Scheduled for release on August 31), Fallah and his compere Adil El Arbi - with whom he directed the pilot and the last episode of the Miss Marvel series, as well as Bad Boys for Life or Black - had a few words about Batgirl, the duo next project for Warner Bros. The story remains a mystery, but the film will fcus on the superheroine, played by Leslie Grace. The cast will also include Michael Keaton (who will once again wear the Batman costume), Brendan Fraser and J.K. Simmons (as Commissioner Gordon, a role he previously played in Justice League).

Rumor has it that Batgirl is an "HBO Max movie" and therefore will not be released in theaters. Is that true?

Adil El Arbi: There was some hesitation about releasing it on streaming, but in the end ,it should probably be released in theaters. If it's good! (Laughs) Inshallah! Frankly, it was a crazy shoot for us. I was 5-6 years old when I first saw Tim Burton's Batman, my first superhero movie. When Michael Keaton arrived in costume on set, I was a kid again, a pure fanboy. It's really impressive to see him in real life.

So it's also a film made by fans.

Adil El Arbi: Totally. We've always loved Batman and what Gotham City evokes. If I had to summarize the visual universe and the tone, I would say that we will be between Batman TAS of Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski, and the Tim Burton films. And obviously, we were also inspired by what Matt Reeves, Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder have done. But this is really a movie about Batgirl, not just a roundabout way to talk about Batman.

J.K. Simmons is coming back to play Commissioner Gordon, Michael Keaton is back in the Batsuit... What does that mean in terms of continuity?

Adil El Arbi: For that, you'll have to see the movie (Laughs).

Bilall Fallah: And also The Flash, which will be seen before. Since it has been delayed (editor's note: June 21, 2023), that means our movie won't be released until the end of next year.

Adil El Arbi: Because we're in the continuity of Andy Muschietti's film.

Have you seen The Flash?

Adil El Arbi: No. It's a rule at DC or Marvel, you don't see anything in advance. So when you ask them questions, they say: "Just do your thing, if there's a problem, we'll tell you." (Laughs).

And you can't give up anything about Batgirl story, right?

Adil El Arbi: No, they would kill us! (Laughs) We can only promise you one thing: you've never seen Gotham like this before!

------------------

Source : Batgirl "sera entre la série d'animation Batman et les film de Tim Burton" [exclu]

Last edited:
Who knows how reliable this all is, but I'll share it anyway:

If this is true… this movie is literally everything I’ve ever wanted lol. Keaton back as batman, Michelle back as catwoman, Brendan Fraser as the villain, and a badass batgirl. Just keeps sounding better to me

I really really really hope Michelle is in this

Who knows how reliable this all is, but I'll share it anyway:

please-please-please.gif

I’m not gonna lie. I was hoping that Nightwing would be in this.

Maybe he shows up in a sequel.

I’m not gonna lie. I was hoping that Nightwing would be in this.

Maybe he shows up in a sequel.

Could be that just Dick shows up, or it might be in an as-yet unfilmed post-credit scene. A lot of time before the film even comes out.

ViewerAnon, a super reliable leaker, has corroborated the details, although he notes a lot of test screening attendees were confused about why Michael Keaton was in the movie, which makes sense since most test watchers aren't superfans and they certainly haven't seen the The Flash either.

From my understanding, Michelle isn't in the movie, but her being the DCEU Catwoman is set up. So between that and her desire to return, I'd say it's only a matter of time before Pfieffer is on the prowl again. I hope we get to see Robert Wuhl and Kim Basinger again at some point :word:

Not at all surprising that it moved to 2023.

Hopefully they'll make it exclusively for cinemas everywhere.

Ms. Marvel Directors Tease "Much Darker" Batgirl Movie

"The thing is that it's also an origin story, but obviously, Batgirl is in Gotham City, so it's going to be much darker than Ms. Marvel," El Arbi told SlashFilm after Wednesday's Ms. Marvel finale. "And our main character is older. I mean, she's not a teenager, she already has a job."

As an officer in the Gotham City Police Department and the daughter of police commissioner Jim Gordon (Justice League's J.K. Simmons), Grace's costumed crime-fighter operates in a grim and gritty Gotham influenced by the '90s Batman: The Animated Series and Tim Burton's Batman movies.

"I think that we're still going to try to have the same visual vibrancy that is our trademark, you could say, and homages to the comic book, homages also to the animated series of Batman, and the Tim Burton movies," El Arbi said. "So that's what we're trying to do with that, but obviously, it's going to be a bit darker than Ms. Marvel's world."

If Batgirl gets a theatrical release I am so there opening night lol.

So it's confirmed then, Batgirl officially takes place in the Burton-Verse?

If Batgirl gets a theatrical release I am so there opening night lol.

So it's confirmed then, Batgirl officially takes place in the Burton-Verse?

I think officially it’s going to be a merged universe and part of the DCEU but for all intents and purposes this sounds like it’s basically a burtonesque sequel to Batman Returns. I love that that’s the angle they’re going with.

I’ve heard from one of the people at the test screening that there’s multiple references/easter eggs to the burton movies, the elfman theme is used, the burtonmobile appears, and Keaton uses some of his original gadgets. So badass

Last edited:
Really bummed that nothing came out about this movie at SDCC. I was really looking forward to something to wet the old appetite.

Is there going to be another Fandome this year? If so, I have fingers firmly crossed for a trailer.

I doubt they'll show much of this, if anything at all, before they know what they'll do with The Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"