• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he stays on as Batman for a few more films, because playing Batman is good for ya :cwink: it's empowering.

and now the podcast people suggesting "personal stuff" all of a sudden sound like top scoopers now, and the ones saying he's quitting due to JL suck kinda sounds, I don't know. anywayz

Man that sucks about his alcohol addiction. Really hope he's ok, always knew there was a lot more to him leaving as director of the Batman.

I wish Ben all the best. Hope he takes it easy.

Hopefully he stays on as Batman for a few more films, because playing Batman is good for ya :cwink: it's empowering.

and now the podcast people suggesting "personal stuff" all of a sudden sound like top scoopers now, and the ones saying he's quitting due to JL suck kinda sounds, I don't know. anywayz

You talking about Ismahawk? I heard they mentioning Affleck having personal issues a while back.

You talking about Ismahawk? I heard they mentioning Affleck having personal issues a while back.

I heard it from Andy D..of HolyBatpodcast and Mark Hughes on a separate one. :cwink:

That was a tough read. I'm glad he's getting help for his problems. I wish him well.

I feel like this dudes career and life is just a roller coaster of some of the best "ups" and some of the worst "downs". I really hope the best for him going forward, not just as a fan of his work, but as a guy who's just trying to make his life the best it can be.

All that pizza kind of makes sense now.

This will buy him a lot of goodwill, I think. Now everyone but terrible people will be rooting for him. Smart.

Ben kind of sounds like how I'd expect Bruce Wayne to be :eek:

I feel like this dudes career and life is just a roller coaster of some of the best "ups" and some of the worst "downs". I really hope the best for him going forward, not just as a fan of his work, but as a guy who's just trying to make his life the best it can be.

Yes 100%.

C7NrRk4VwAErpjA.jpg

If Ben Affleck is supposedly leaving the role of Batman then who can be a re-cast Batman if Affleck is apparently leaving

Last I've read he stepped down as director, and "The Batman" has been delayed. I don't remember reading anywhere he has actually quit the role itself.

Despite John Campea's claims that his admitted bad scoopers said Affleck is negotiating a way out of his Batman contract, the actions and statements by Affleck himself indicate Ben all in on Batman whether it be statements of doing a Batman movie right to welcoming Matt Reeves to "the Batcave."

I would think Affleck's optimism would be through the roof with Reeves taking the director responsibility!

That dude from BOF went from Affleck stepped down because he knows JL is bad to "Ben affleck never had any ideas for a Batman solo and was pressured into it..". Now he is saying there's no JL posters here so WB aren't doing it right.

The guy is literally pulling stuff out of his ass and making it up as he goes along, and fanboys are just lapping it up. Typical :hehe:

That dude from BOF went from Affleck stepped down because he knows JL is bad to "Ben affleck never had any ideas for a Batman solo and was pressured into it..". Now he is saying there's no JL posters here so WB aren't doing it right.

The guy is literally pulling stuff out of his ass and making it up as he goes along, and fanboys are just lapping it up. Typical :hehe:

So true! World under the net'. smh

He is trolling so hard, it's laughable really.

IMO, BvS being pushed back (which was annoying at the time) did nothing but put the film in an even more critical eye among the fanbase and critics, which meant longer waits for marketing. The less you see of a film during a long wait, the bigger pitchforks formulate. Though the wait for Justice League isn't nearly as bad as BvS's, we still haven't seen anything from the film for 8 months. With that secrecy comes time for internet clickbaiters and critics to really try to burn the house down during the duration of that 8 month span waiting for Justice League footage (in Batman v Superman's case; an added 10 month of a duration). Lets hope the incoming Justice League trailer puts the film back in the good graces of the fanbase, regardless of what happened with Affleck and The Batman and the spinning of those critical wheels.

IMO, BvS being pushed back (which was annoying at the time) did nothing but put the film in an even more critical eye among the fanbase and critics, which meant longer waits for marketing. The less you see of a film during a long wait, the bigger pitchforks formulate. Though the wait for Justice League isn't nearly as bad as BvS's, we still haven't seen anything from the film for 8 months. With that secrecy comes time for internet clickbaiters and critics to really try to burn the house down during the duration of that 8 month span waiting for Justice League footage (in Batman v Superman's case; an added 10 month of a duration). Lets hope the incoming Justice League trailer puts the film back in the good graces of the fanbase, regardless of what happened with Affleck and The Batman and the spinning of those critical wheels.

If I am not mistaken, hype for JL seems to be a little less than the hype for BvS(which was overblown tbh) so naturally with lesser hype comes lesser expectations. I think in the end that could end up being a better thing for the movie. Ofcourse all that could change with the subsequent trailers.

Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree with Jett here even though I like him.

They could start the advertising campaign in the summer and that would still get the job done. I actually prefer it that way tbh, it's just enough time to get the message out there without it feeling over saturated/overexposed

The message WB has been trying to send is that JL won't take itself so seriously, and will be geared towards creating more fun. I know that may scare some diehards off in a way, but if adjusted just right it could work out well.

I think the expectations for BvS got so high because the very first released pieces of footage were so well done dramatically, some were thinking Oscar worthy movie. It almost oversold in some ways early on.

If I am not mistaken, hype for JL seems to be a little less than the hype for BvS(which was overblown tbh) so naturally with lesser hype comes lesser expectations. I think in the end that could end up being a better thing for the movie. Ofcourse all that could change with the subsequent trailers.

Of course. The hype is NOWHERE NEAR levels of expectation for Justice League as it was BvS. I really think WB is doing a good job to scale things back that could eventually pay off in the end as far as marketing is concerned. My main point, though, was regarding the most critical eyes on the DCEU and how they have used the quiet periods of the DC marketing by coming up with more ways to drag the DCEU through the mud in the meantime. If WB plays their cards right with marketing once the JL trailer hits, they can offset the "scoopers" playground of this recent downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"