• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always entertaining to see people who look this try to make fun of someone else's physical appearance.

There's a lot of that happening on the internet specially. Some people have a really high view of themselves and spend their miserable time lashing out at famous people. Talk about wasting your life away.

I'm sorry guys. I am 100% certain this is CGI. The chest musculature does not move in that scene like it should with proper anatomy. To me it has always stuck out like a sore thumb. The abs are also CGI.
Knowing Snyder he would would pimp the hell out of shirtless Affleck and he did not. There's no doubt in my mind that is all fake.

I recall people saying the exact same thing about how Gerard Butler's physique was CGI & in particular his abs in another Snyder directed film, 300 & all that ever was proven to be was favourable lighting & filter as he was truly as ripped as he's shown in the film.

AFAIK, they had to CGI off Affleck's tatoos, and add in some battle scars Bruce had. That might be it.

Is this true?? I realise this is a highly stupid question given that WB were the ones that did try to CGI Superman's mustache out thinking nobody would notice, but why on Earth would they use CGI to cover up tattoos? That seems overly stupid even by WB's standard given how easily they're covered up with makeup..

Eh, you gotta pay Affleck and the makeup team for the time spent applying and removing that coverup. Might've been more cost effective to just remove them in post for such brief shots.

DZglgPDVoAAfBx7.jpg:orig

That smiling batman doesn't even register to me as something that was canonical. It just makes me think of Ben's gag cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

tgD96EI.gif

Its stupidity.

At the end of BvS you had Frank Miller's Batman, and you wanted to take him to a more balanced, lighter place. The logical place to go was Grant Morrison's Batman. Serious and dark, yet with a touch of levity and wackyness.

The thing they shouldnt have done is go full camp...which they did.

Its stupidity.

At the end of BvS you had Frank Miller's Batman, and you wanted to take him to a more balanced, lighter place. The logical place to go was Grant Morrison's Batman. Serious and dark, yet with a touch of levity and wackyness.

The thing they shouldnt have done is go full camp...which they did.

They went full MCU. Never go full MCU.

thor-record-face-290224.jpg

edit: also never go partially MCU if you can help it.

They went full MCU. Never go full MCU.

thor-record-face-290224.jpg

edit: also never go partially MCU if you can help it.

Yes, because MCU characters are smiling all the time in all the movies. There are never serious scenes. :whatever:

I liked the lighter and relaxed Bruce in JL but some of his quips were WAY out of character. The "i dont..not...like you" line was just ughhhhhh. Bruce would never ever say that. On the flip side though, his repartee with Aquaman was excellent. "DO you talk to fish?"

mQ0xkUH.jpg

At least we got the definitive Bruce Wayne/Batman in one movie.

Just like with everything else Zack's done, fans seem to be divided on Ben's portrayal of Bruce. To me, he was a living, breathing walking Bruce Wayne right from the comic strip in BvS. I loved Bale and Keaton (Keaton especially has a fond place in my heart) but when I think BRUCE WAYNE Ben personified him physically and characteristically almost flawlessly. I literally forget its Ben Affleck playing the guy sometimes.

Definitive Bruce Wayne/Batman you say?

SPGouhV.gif

@kguillou I don't think that's true. I think you really have to look to find someone who says he's not even a contender. That's just a ridiculous stance.

For starters, he looks about a billion times better than any other cinematic Batman by a million miles. Not even going to post pictures of Batbale or Keaton Batman to make a visual side by side. We should all agree he has the best batsuit.

dl1UDmR.jpg

Dapper and playboy-esque Bruce Wayne who's appropriately gruff, driven, tormented and disturbed when the facade is removed. The cleft chin, the nose, the eyes, the stubble, the square Batman jaw. The facial features and expressions are basically a perfect fit for the character.

DQmNdG6a9U9rKN7GiypzQ4yJ6hh83DZeMv5rnvJAUi4k28s

He's way more physically imposing and scary than the previous Batmen. His fight choreography... Do I even need to say anything? I don't think I do. A gif is worth a thousand words:

PhysicalHospitableBactrian-size_restricted.gif

The cowl. The gadgets and machinery and how much variety there is between troop carrier jets, spider-like robot weapons and those magnetized devices he used to disarm Lex's thugs before the warehouse brawl. The physical prowess and feats. The way he looks when he swings with his grapple hook. The duality between Bruce and his alter ego. The torment Affleck portrays with his performance. The suggested rich history that colors and informs his actions and persona. His Alfred and how actively involved in crime-fighting he is. His cape and how much attention is devoted to making it move the right way, so much so that it's digitally added in post. The quotability of his lines. "Tell me, do you bleed?", "I'm real when it's useful", "Men are brave", "A beautiful lie", "I thought she was with you", "You were never a God, you were never even a man", "If there's a 1% chance", and so on.

His Batcave. His batmobile; a perfect blend of utilitarian, armored tank-like vehicle with a good dose of cinematic flare and sleekness. His Batman voice. Better than Keaton just talking normally and way way better than Bale's... whatever that was.

Saying he's not the best is understandable I guess... I mean I don't get it but maybe you prefer Bruce to sport a turtleneck, smash things and talk about wanting to get nuts... But to say he's not even a contender? Puh-lease.

Last edited:
Saying he's not the best is understandable I guess... I mean I don't get it but maybe you prefer Bruce to sport a turtleneck, smash things and talk about wanting to get nuts... But to say he's not even a contender. Puh-lease.

It’s what I prefer and what I try to be myself :o

@kguillou I don't think that's true. I think you really have to look to find someone who says he's not even a contender. That's just a ridiculous stance.

For starters, he looks about a billion times better than any other cinematic Batman by a million miles. Not even going to post pictures of Batbale or Keaton Batman to make a visual side by side. We should all agree he has the best batsuit.

Affleck's Batsuit looks bulky and clumsy.

This is the best Batsuit:

DECyxMwXsAEzSNs.jpg

Not only is it the closest to the classic Neal Adams design...

51jikJz2bpL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

....it just looks cooler, and sleeker, than any of the others. Sure, Batman IS bulky in The Dark Knight Returns comics. But that's a drawing. Onscreen, it's just not as effective as Keaton's all-black Batsuit. It's just more cinematic.

Meh. As someone who likes Neal Adams more than Frank Miller or Jim Lee, I prefer the B89 look to BvS. I like that BvS brought back the Gray, though.

And truth be told, no Live Action Batman from 1989 onwards is truly definitive, IMO.

Meh. As someone who likes Neal Adams more than Frank Miller or Jim Lee, I prefer the B89 look to BvS. I like that BvS brought back the Gray, though.

And truth be told, no Live Action Batman from 1989 onwards is truly definitive, IMO.

I thought Keaton's was definitive up until Ben Affleck's.

I love the material and the colors of the BvS suit but I hate how bulky it is.

I’d say the suit from Batman returns is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"