Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this isnt "cinematic"?

1214-600x250.jpg

heunk9gc9v8jv21jjboh.gif

Y'all never fail to surprise me. :funny:

Anyway, Keaton, Bale and Affleck all have a claim for the definitive Batman, and its pretty subjective.

I'm still waiting for someone to post the Donald Glover with pizzas finding the apartment in flames gif followed by "walked into the thread like" just because we're having a polite disagreement about Batman portrayals.

It’s too early to call him the best Batman without him having at least one solo film under his belt.

Plus he hasn’t been in a good movie yet, so there’s also that.

It’s too early to call him the best Batman without him having at least one solo film under his belt.

Plus he hasn’t been in a good movie yet, so there’s also that.

You're right. "great" is a more fitting descriptor.

Gy0e_f-maxage-0.gif

Has anyone else noticed they didn't use that shot for BVS? Instead they used a different take with his tracking device gun pointing downward.

I'm still waiting for someone to post the Donald Glover with pizzas finding the apartment in flames gif followed by "walked into the thread like" just because we're having a polite disagreement about Batman portrayals.

I'm still waiting for Donald Glover to disappear from the industry.

Er, nobody said that...
This isn't though. It looks very stiff and cumbersome, and makes Affleck look like a cosplayer.

Look, you can argue on two aspects. Looks and agility. Burton's costume was the most stiff and cumbersome(product of its time, not really something we can fault)...its just the facts. Affleck's suit is waaay more flexible, as we saw in the various stunts in BvS and JL. And although I dont claim JL Batman(particularly the Whedon reshoots) looks particularly good, I cant deny Batman looks pretty sick here too.

Ben-Affleck-Batman-Cine-Premiere.jpg

img_0005-1.gif
https-2F2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com2Fuploads2Fcard2Fimage2F4263512Fdd63bdcd-1c29-45dc-a8b9-4510d936bc8f.jpg

7c61b4c01d16f3c04d06a30d134e694e.png

We could have also had awesome shots like these in the film...if WB had not removed them.

justice_league_batman_and_gordon_rooftop__16_9__by_densitydennis-dbsnga7.png

So for me, Ben's BvS Batman is the definitive Batman. JL could have been(and still could be if they release Snyder's edit). Bale's a very close second, although I love Keaton in the role as well.

Agreed, actually

JL was pretty great when you really really really think about it!

I'm sure it was. It's a high bar but I too think it would have surpassed BvS. Hopefully, one day we'll get to see it. #Releasethesnydercut :yay:

The Batman Returns cowl is still my favourite to this day. I just prefer a slimmer Batman in general I think.

Batfleck is my favorite film version. The REAL Batfleck lol

BBegins suit was pretty good too, but then Nolan got caught up in realism and made it into a guy wearing hockey pads.

The Batman Returns cowl is still my favourite to this day. I just prefer a slimmer Batman in general I think.

The whole Batman Returns suit is my favourite so far, with probably the Batman Begins suit second. I really liked the Bat-armour from BvS, although not too practical I guess for routine patrol across the rooftops! :funny:

When I see GBat handing out quick witted comebacks left right and centre :

giphy.gif

Eh, you gotta pay Affleck and the makeup team for the time spent applying and removing that coverup. Might've been more cost effective to just remove them in post for such brief shots.

Surely it would cost more to digitally go in afterwords & remove them. Makeup artists would have already been there as obviously was Affleck, it's not going to take that long to cover a couple of tattoos up.

I think I recall seeing a video of The Rock getting his Samoan tattoo covered up for a film & it didn't seem to be an extensive process.

Two can play at that game

That's not playing the game. Instead of altering one or two words, you completely rewrote my entire post into a personal insult. Which means I touched a raw nerve of truth.

Last edited:
I do feel for Affleck because I think had he ever been handed a decent script he could have been the best Bats put to screen. What he was able to do with poor dialogue and plotting in BvS really impressed me. And his look and physicality is certainly there.

At this point though I think I would prefer it if he just walked away instead of constantly waffling. ***** or get off the pot as they say. And his back and forth is just another thing that's hurting the DC brand at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"