Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

You're goddamn right!

I might not be able to handle Fandome guys.

I'm probably gonna straight up pass out.

200.gif

My inner hero-lee: "they've dumped all the bombs today WTF!!!! We have nothing for Fandome now!!"

To be honest, I didn't think that they had much in the first place so this is somewhat of a pleasant surprise
if you're a Batman fan that is....:o

I have been saying this for awhile, but now that Ben is in a much better place in his life I would bet he'd be down to get back to that solo movie now if HBO Max wanted to make that happen - turn it into a series, that would be amazing.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for an Affleck solo movie or HBO Max series. This seems to be a send-off movie for him that helps start the transition from his version to Keaton’s version being the prime DCEU Batman in Barry’s universe by the end of the movie.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for an Affleck solo movie or HBO Max series. This seems to be a send-off movie for him that helps start the transition from his version to Keaton’s version being the prime DCEU Batman in Barry’s universe by the end of the movie.

Based on what? You could turn out to be right but this is just wild speculation.

So you're telling me they are going to move forward with Keaton as the prime DCEU Batman? That doesn't make much sense given Keaton's age, it only works if WB is intending on moving forward with a Batman Beyond type of storyline and we know WB... they are too stupid to do anything that epic. Keaton also would not work alongside Ezra's Flash, Gal's WW, Momoa's Aquaman, etc. If anything this is a should be a send-off movie for Keaton.. right? Should be/Will be situation here I suppose.

Unless they de-age Keaton (I'd be down for that,btw), I think that the DC movie universe needs an experienced,veteran Batman. In the Snyder movies, he's meant to look older..Affleck could play a Batman in his late thirties/early forties IMO. Let Pattinson be yet another rookie Batman and have at least some Justice League movies with a proper Batman.

The only way I see Keaton playing Batman for any sort of major role after the Flash movie is if they did something crazy like bringing Burton back. I think Affleck may end up doing some cameos for a little bit after Flash before they recast him when they're ready to make another Justice League film.

So, when can we expect the annoucement that Tobey Maguire is back as Spider-Man in DOCTOR STRANGE 2?

I mean, stranger things, right?
In an alternate reality, Maguire was the MCU Spider-Man. He's in retirement and teaching at a university when Tony recruits him in Civil War. Then they bring Raimi back and dust off Spider-Man 4.

Unless they de-age Keaton (I'd be down for that,btw), I think that the DC movie universe needs an experienced,veteran Batman. In the Snyder movies, he's meant to look older..Affleck could play a Batman in his late thirties/early forties IMO. Let Pattinson be yet another rookie Batman and have at least some Justice League movies with a proper Batman.

This could go in all sorts of directions, it's wild - as of right now, I feel like Pattinson's Batman is in his own world similar to The Joker, that's just my gut feeling. BUT, I think it entirely depends on how the movie and Pattinson himself is received if he becomes a part of the current JL lineup we have now. There are tons of potential moving pieces here, and it seems chaotic, but it's WB so that's nothing new. I personally don't see Pattinson alongside the other actors, it doesn't really fit, but I think that has more to do with Reeves movie having such a specific look, very elseworlds. If ZSJL is well received? I think HBO Max/WB would want to look at Affleck and his solo project if they aren't already, again, ZSJL is going to come out well before any other DCEU movie that takes place after the fast (WW84 takes place in the past) , so if it does well for the service and HBO likes what they are seeing they might want Affleck as their streaming service DCEU Batman. It's a wild time right now that's for sure, a lot up in the air.

Based on what? You could turn out to be right but this is just wild speculation.
“Wild speculation” is a bit of an overstatement considering I’m basing my opinion on what credible reports are saying about Keaton being the Batman that will appear in future DCEU installments as a sort of “Nick Fury type character.”

Going with that information, I don’t think Batfleck is going to be a thing after Flashpoint. My hunch is Batfleck is coming back for one last appearance in order to write him out of the DCEU, and incorporate Keaton’s Batman into the cinematic universe.

“Wild speculation” is a bit of an overstatement. I’m basing my opinion on what credible reports about Keaton being the new that’s primed to appear in future DCEU installments in the DCEU as a sort of “Nick Fury type character.

Going with that information, I don’t think Batfleck is going to be a thing after Flashpoint. My hunch is Batfleck is coming back for one appearance in order to write him out of the DCEU, and incorporate Keaton’s Batman into the cinematic universe.

Huh. I completely missed this rumor. Well, I guess we'll see but that seems to be a very odd choice.

Have you learned nothing from 2020 by now?

The trades provided 0 context to their Keaton reports

Him being a Nick Fury type and possibly showing up in Batgirl could take place in his own universe aka the Burtonverse. The DCEU was never mentioned

The trades provided 0 context to their Keaton reports

Him being a Nick Fury type and possibly showing up in Batgirl could take place in his own universe aka the Burtonverse. The DCEU was never mentioned
The fact that comparison was used to seems to indicate pretty clearly that he’ll serve a similar commander/general type role in a wider cinematic universe with other heroes to what Nick Fury does in the MCU.

The killing thing is simple. If Batman is willing to kill, without a second thought, and he does so in Batman v Superman, then there is no reason, there isn't a SINGLE REASON any of his rogues gallery, Joker included, should be standing around upright. Not a single, solitary reason. He wouldn't send Joker to Arkham. He would end him forever. And yet Joker in the DCEU is still upright.

The scene with the Joker took place in a flashback. Much like the scene with Deadshot at Christmas. This was all before he was the Batman we met in BvS.

The fact that comparison was used to seems to indicate pretty clearly that he’ll serve a similar commander/general type role in a wider cinematic universe with other heroes to what Nick Fury does in the MCU.
This "wider cinematic universe with other heroes" doesn't really exist tho. Every hero is in their own silo inside the multiverse it seems like

I think Keaton being a 'Nick Fury' type in his own universe is the most plausible. He and Batgirl could eventually create their own JL. This actually plays well with that 'Rebirth' rumor we heard about. It also allows WB the ability to have their cake and eat it too by chasing after MCU money without going against their standalone mantra

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"