Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

As far as I understand, Reeves wants his Batman movie outside the DCEU timeline. He doesnt want to be beholden to any continuity, so his movie will be standalone and seperate like JOKER or The Dark Knight Trilogy. And since that is the case, Pattinson's Batman will also be seperate. Also cant really see Pattinson want to be in a universe and do teamup flicks, but who knows nowadays.

I'm just glad Affleck is back for one more round.
5b9d4d86c68ca.jpeg

The killing thing is simple. If Batman is willing to kill, without a second thought, and he does so in Batman v Superman, then there is no reason, there isn't a SINGLE REASON any of his rogues gallery, Joker included, should be standing around upright. Not a single, solitary reason. He wouldn't send Joker to Arkham. He would end him forever. And yet Joker in the DCEU is still upright.

Like Alfred says in BvS, Bruce is using new rules after Metropolis was destroyed. He must not have crossed paths with any of the rogues during that time. Though its possible he did and some of them are dead.

Like Alfred says in BvS, Bruce is using new rules after Metropolis was destroyed. He must not have crossed paths with any of the rogues during that time. Though its possible he did and some of them are dead.

It's still a flimsy justification to go that route. Also, Batman v Superman is set 18 months after Man of Steel.

Actually the flashback scene in suicide squad took place between Man of Steel and BVS

61a27b786e98305162e2ead50594034f.jpg

Man of Steel took place in 2013. BVS is 18 months later

That's interesting. My sense was that Flashpoint would allow Affleck to finally get his graceful exit, but if HBO Max is actually wanting to work with him on a series or a movie on the service, that means it might not be an exit after all.

I always thought that the DCEU could continue without Affleck and still be the DCEU as long as Cavill, et al., were still in the movies, mainly because Affleck wasn't coming back but you can still make it work with the other 5 and find a replacement for Batfleck somehow. But I don't see it the other way around. If Affleck is in more DCEU stuff, but Cavill is gone, that seems strange to me given it all started with Cavill, he has been the one thread through the DCEU Snyder-verse.

So, if they are looking to work with Affleck more, then that would lead me even more to the likelihood that Cavill is also coming back and they are just moving forward with some version of the DCEU with the original 6.

All speculation, of course, so we'll see.

Remember when Batman died in the comics...and there were some great "flashback" style stories that sort of honored the history of the character, his relationships, his growth as a person, etc?

That's the way any HBO Max project should go. A mix of that era of the comics, flashbacks to classic elements, and the more modern stuff a la Tom King.

Which, I suspect, is what Affleck's THE BATMAN was going to be anyway.

So he crossed paths with members of his rouges after Man of steel.

That much is obvious, yeah. What I’m wondering is to which side of the discussing are you leaning towards. Is this in support of what TheVileOne said or the counter argument?

I'll never get the argument that because Batman kills some villains, he should then kill every last one of them.

I'll never get the argument that because Batman kills some villains, he should then kill every last one of them.
Right. It's a false equivalency.

Having said that, Joker would 100% be on the chopping block. So if you're OK with a Batman that is willing to take lives in certain situations, then The Joker is not a character that would exist within that world for long.

they only keep joker alive because he's so popular a character and so they can keep selling comics.
but it's become a major part of the mythos.

in real life (lol), batman would've killed the joker a long time ago.
he would definitely avoid killing villains like penguin and two-face (dammit nolan brothers!) because they aren't absolute evil mass murderers like the joker is.

Right. It's a false equivalency.

Having said that, Joker would 100% be on the chopping block. So if you're OK with a Batman that is willing to take lives in certain situations, then The Joker is not a character that would exist within that world for long.

I think Batman wouldn't kill Joker for the same reason Joker wouldn't kill Batman. They validate each others' existences. Or less deep, he simply doesn't want to give Joker that satisfaction.

I think Batman wouldn't kill Joker for the same reason Joker wouldn't kill Batman. They validate each others' existences. Or less deep, he simply doesn't want to give Joker that satisfaction.

it's basically a very toxic relationship.
a true (b)romance.

If a mosquito is bothering me while I'm watching YT, I'll kill it for sure. But I wouldn't actively go out and kill mosquitoes all the time. I think if Batfleck met joker in BvS times, Joker would be ded lol

Also weird analogy I know

If a mosquito is bothering me while I'm watching YT, I'll kill it for sure. But I wouldn't actively go out and kill mosquitoes all the time. I think if Batfleck met joker in BvS times, Joker would be ded lol

Also weird analogy I know

The Joker is not a mosquito.

Secondly, if all the stress from these movies caused Affleck to relapse, not sure why he's putting himself through this again. I wonder if he feels like he has something to prove to himself.

Well, wasn't the grill of Letoker because Batman's assault because of him and Harley killing Dick?

Meaning that Batman could have killed him but didn't.

Well, wasn't the grill of Letoker because Batman's assault because of him and Harley killing Dick?

Meaning that Batman could have killed him but didn't.

Nothing about the DCEU was well thought out.

The Joker is not a mosquito.

Talking about the nameless thugs

Secondly, if all the stress from these movies caused Affleck to relapse, not sure why he's putting himself through this again. I wonder if he feels like he has something to prove to himself

I think he is in a better place now and even the producer of The Flash said that. The ana de armas effect lmao I don't blame him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"