Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

I bet you anything there will be a big story behind Coulson being alive. Way more than "He was just faking it"

I am so happy that Marvel values Clark Gregg and Agent Coulson as much as his fans do. People in the Coulson Lives movement simply refused to believe that our favorite agent was going to stay dead, and eventually our delusional devotion was rewarded. This turned out much better than the time 7-year-old Xeno wrote to the president of NBC begging him not to cancel Star Trek. My faith in humanity (and studio chiefs) is finally restored.

The explanation for Coulson's survival should be something dark and dangerous that remains a mystery for most of the first season. Given that this is the Marvel Universe we're talking about, there are an infinite number of ways it could be handled. Maybe Fury had SHIELD's medical staff conduct dangerous, highly unethical experiments on Coulson's body after he died. The Super Soldier serum is still being kicked around, Extremis is an outside possibility, nanotechnology has been broached in the MCU, etc. Even the reality-warping properties of the Tesseract could be an explanation. But whatever they choose as a mechanism for resurrecting Phil, I do hope that he was actually dead for a time. That would give the character an edginess, while also (possibly) shutting down the people whinging on about his survival somehow cheapening death.
This sounds good to me.

I bet you anything there will be a big story behind Coulson being alive. Way more than "He was just faking it"

Maybe it will be an Arc throughout the whole first season...like...uncovering the truth slowly

I just hope Clark Gregg doesn't get his S.H.I.E.L.D character mixed up with his character from The Shield.

:lmao:

Well, THAT would certainly be a new direction for the character.

The consequences of touching Lola

GreggvsQuesada_zpsb09ce446.jpg

^^Ha, genius.

I wonder if we'll see Coulson's gf in this? I wonder if we'll find out if he got his cards signed or not?

^^Ha, genius.

I wonder if we'll see Coulson's gf in this? I wonder if we'll find out if he got his cards signed or not?

Julia Louis-Dreyfus should guest star as The Cellist From Portland. :word:

Actually, I'd still like Jennifer Grey to guest as the cellist from Portland...

As for the cards...I kind of wondered if Lola was Fury's apology gift for ruining them.

Fu** this show for bringing back Agent Coulson! Seriously.

Actually, I'd still like Jennifer Grey to guest as the cellist from Portland...

As for the cards...I kind of wondered if Lola was Fury's apology gift for ruining them.
That would be awesome, I think *lol*

Fu** this show for bringing back Agent Coulson! Seriously.

Boy, are you going to have a lot to be angry about! Coulson's not only alive, he's the star of the freaking show. He may even be in the film universe again. And if we're lucky, rising from the dead now means that Agent is immortal. You'll have years to rage about that. :argh: :lmao:

The reason for his revival? Two words: Infinity Formula. It's already established in the 616 verse proper, plus the MCU has a history of people using offshoots of the Supersoldier Serum.

I have a gut feeling the Coulson we're seeing might be the LMD and the real one died in The Avengers!

He thinks he's the original Coulson, but later finds out he's the LMD, like what happened to Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

@ Raiden

His death in The Avengers was the best part of the movie so of course they ruined it by having him needlessly return in cliche fashion.

@ Raiden

His death in The Avengers was the best part of the movie so of course they ruined it by having him needlessly return in cliche fashion.

tumblr_lvv4jvx4xj1qemoij.png

Last edited:
@ Raiden

It might have been the turning point of the movie, but it wasn't the best part of the movie. Why don't you wait until the show comes out to see how they explain Coulson's return?

I'm curious as to how this Slushy dude knows how Coulson returns when nobody else does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"