Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

Hope he loses his job in the next election by an overwhelming amount of votes against him.

I'm curious to see where the GOP goes after Donald Trump. He is 77 years old and thus will not be captain of the ship for long.

I have more mixed feelings on him than others. I do see him as a failed leader. He made many mistakes. But he made many good points against the GOP establishment in 2016, he campaigned on a platform to build infrastructure, protect social security, and drain the swamp, which he ended up failing on but the ideas were correct. He hired idiots like Gary Cohn and John Bolton. And as much as Trump is a failure, I think that Bish, Ryan, McConnell, McCarthy, etc are even bigger failures.

I think they'll have to change in part because young GOPers are not as into that neoliberal/neoconservative fluff. These are not the Reagan/Bush Republicans who worshipped authority and wanted more wars.

The other issue is that now the Democrats are pro-war and pro-business, so those are no longer viable positions for the GOP like they were in the 1980s. Anybody who wants deregulation, free markets, etc can just vote Dem. The GOP needs to offer something else.

Bill criminalizing people who help pregnant minors find abortion care outside Tennessee heads to governor's desk

I'm curious to see where the GOP goes after Donald Trump. He is 77 years old and thus will not be captain of the ship for long.

I have more mixed feelings on him than others. I do see him as a failed leader. He made many mistakes. But he made many good points against the GOP establishment in 2016, he campaigned on a platform to build infrastructure, protect social security, and drain the swamp, which he ended up failing on but the ideas were correct. He hired idiots like Gary Cohn and John Bolton. And as much as Trump is a failure, I think that Bish, Ryan, McConnell, McCarthy, etc are even bigger failures.

I think they'll have to change in part because young GOPers are not as into that neoliberal/neoconservative fluff. These are not the Reagan/Bush Republicans who worshipped authority and wanted more wars.

The other issue is that now the Democrats are pro-war and pro-business, so those are no longer viable positions for the GOP like they were in the 1980s. Anybody who wants deregulation, free markets, etc can just vote Dem. The GOP needs to offer something else.

The fascist has good points, excellent view.

I mean, its clear that the christian nationalists have taken over the GOP. Just take a look at their 2025 plan.

I think you gloss over just how much more pro business the GOP is. As for pro war, the Dems have never been isolationist. And considering the GOP is talking about invading Mexico, maybe consider just who is the pro war party.

The fascist has good points, excellent view.

I mean, its clear that the christian nationalists have taken over the GOP. Just take a look at their 2025 plan.

I think you gloss over just how much more pro business the GOP is. As for pro war, the Dems have never been isolationist. And considering the GOP is talking about invading Mexico, maybe consider just who is the pro war party.

Nobody's invading Mexico, and at this point in time, both parties are the pro war party.

We've had elements of actual fascism for a while (the merger of state and corporate power), and they've been increasing.

Last edited:
Delusional to not think their brand was already in the ****ter and everyone who aligned themselves just really loved to drink from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"