Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I think we all saw this coming, given the strike situations. It sucks, but what are ya gonna do?

At this rate we will probably know SDCC 2024

Depends on how strike goes. I guess D23 is a possible place it can be done, but we ain't getting a cast anytime soon if the strike occurs and lasts for months.

Well, say goodbye to the hopes of a casting announcement at Comic-Con.

tableflip-bear.gif

They're still planning to film early next year so unless the film is delayed again, the cast will be announced this year.
Superman Legacy has only been casting for a few weeks and we’re already close to getting finalized casting while F4 has been allegedly casting for months before Superman even started and we’ve heard zilch. We haven’t heard any trade reports about who’s auditioning and the process. Heck Gunn the other day even confirmed they’re close to getting casting for Superman, and he’s only been casting for weeks.

While there has been radio silence about anything regarding F4 in terms of casting, all we have right now are a bunch of grifter scoopers with dubious sources chasing clout for attention with these rumors and terrible fancasts. The wait for casting wouldn’t be so bad if we at least had F4 content like a cartoon to help tide us over, but we don’t even have a mobile game. While Superman has both a tv show going on right now and a cool looking cartoon coming out.

Its so frustrating being a FF fan. :(

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm glad there's no big event this year. Announcing too many things too early has become a bit tiring for me to be honest. And, really, we know a lot of what's coming already.

Marvel keeps things so close to the chest…my excitement for this movie is actually fizzling out a bit. They have an uphill battle to climb the MCU does…

My prediction is they’ll announce the cast roughly a month after there’s a new SAG contract.

Actors aren't going to want to talk about/promote anything during a strike, so Marvel will want to wait until we’re past that.

But they won’t want to wait too long, because the news will leak out and then they won’t get the publicity of making a big splash with an announcement.

I’m not a fan of her for Sue, but of the four names, she’s the one who would put butts in seats.

If they lose her, they risk not only having an off-target cast, but one devoid of big names.

Sure people know Adam Driver, but he’s far from a big box-office draw.
Yeah, unless a real big name is playing Doom or Galactus, Margot Robbie is the big name here for sure.

If I were associated with the New York Comic Con, I’d be on the phone to the major studios saying: “Hey, we all hope and assume any strikes will be settled by October, right? We’d be happy to host any presentations you might like to make.”

I still think Marvel will want to make an FF cast announcement prior to that, but they might want ton bring everybody together for a panel.

Can we start a movement that doesn’t reward these “scoopers” for vague nonsense?

Either go out on a limb and say: “Actor X has been signed to play role Y” or shut the **** up.

“Remember eight months ago when I said Marvel was considering an actor who previously had a role in a film that was based on a book…”

Can we start a movement that doesn’t reward these “scoopers” for vague nonsense?

Either go out on a limb and say: “Actor X has been signed to play role Y” or shut the **** up.

Ah, they could never do that. You can't string people along that way! That's why so many scoopers will post gifs without context or some brief tweet like "It's coming" or "Stay tuned, you're not prepared for what's about to happen," or some variation.

Coming out and saying it flat out doesn't get them the maximum likes and retweets! It's all a grift.

Ah, they could never do that. You can't string people along that way! That's why so many scoopers will post gifs without context or some brief tweet like "It's coming" or "Stay tuned, you're not prepared for what's about to happen," or some variation.

Coming out and saying it flat out doesn't get them the maximum likes and retweets! It's all a grift.

Basically. Hence why I wait for credible sources and real info

Wonder if we'll see
Fox's Fantastic Four in this too. At the very least it would be satisfying to see back-and-forth between Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds.

I don't even know if that really needs to be spoiler tagged lol.

Wonder if we'll see
Fox's Fantastic Four in this too. At the very least it would be satisfying to see back-and-forth between Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds.

I don't even know if that really needs to be spoiler tagged lol.

Didn’t I see rumors that
some of the Fox characters might be showing up in Deadpool?

Honestly I’m getting a little sick of all this multiverse stuff and hope they get over it soon.

I’m guessing we’re stuck with it through the end of the Kang Saga, but I wouldn’t be at all upset if we’ve already seen the last of it.

Didn’t I see rumors that
some of the Fox characters might be showing up in Deadpool?

Honestly I’m getting a little sick of all this multiverse stuff and hope they get over it soon.

I’m guessing we’re stuck with it through the end of the Kang Saga, but I wouldn’t be at all upset if we’ve already seen the last of it.

Wow I thought I posted this in a different thread, but I suppose it works out fine in here too haha. But yeah, I was trying to reference the rumor that
Ben Affleck is on set for Deadpool 3. If he's playing Daredevil, then maybe we'll see the Fox F4 as well.

And the multiverse stuff has just been really hit or miss for me. I've really enjoyed projects like Loki and NWH where the multiverse really serves a narrative purpose, driving character growth and exploring new themes. But then you also get stuff like The Flash and DS:MoM where I feel the films lose focus with the sorta pointless cameos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"