Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

iu
I find it hysterical that that's Maria Menounos :funny:

I don’t really care if it’s July or November.

Either date makes it 2.5 years away, give or take, and that’s pretty exciting.:D

And while I’m admittedly highly biased, I think it’s, by far, the most exciting thing on the schedule.

Everything else on the schedule is either a sequel with characters we’ve already seen or minor characters which were never a big part of comics.

I'm not too convinced it'll get that November release. I think July is possible but November will be Blade or Deadpool 3

Almost can't belive we'll get a true FF movie in the amazing MCU. They're finally at home, and, considering their history, the possibilities are almost endless with the franchise!

That's mine as well. A November release kicking off the Holiday season strikes me as a natural fit for the FF. The family theme inherent to them just clicks, IMO.

I think Blade or Deadpool 3 gets the July 2023 date.
I can't wait for the casting, then filming, then leaks, promo... bring it all on.

Doesn't it seem like they should be further along in the process is it's to be release in 2023?
Nah, if it’s being released in summer 2023, then it should film in summer 2022. They’ve got a director and are presumably working on a script, which is about what I’d expect from a movie that’s still a year away from filming.

Nah, if it’s being released in summer 2023, then it should film in summer 2022. They’ve got a director and are presumably working on a script, which is about what I’d expect from a movie that’s still a year away from filming.
Do we have actual writers yet?

Not announced, but that doesn't mean it's not being written already. Writers often aren't announced right when they're hired.

I’m also guessing they’ve already done some broad strokes. They probably started with an outline of what the story would be, who the villain was etc. and then the writer just needs to add flesh to the skeleton.

And with the broad details known, they can work on production design and establish the look of the film and maybe do some casting etc. before they have a final script.

With a film of this size in this in this universe, I can’t believe they’re starting with a blank slate and going with whatever the script-writer comes up with.

I’d be willing to bet Jon Watts is doing some work on Fantastic Four concurrently with No Way Home.

“Hey Jon, can you take a look at these costume sketches for FF?”

“No! Can’t you see I’m far too busy? Away with you!”

:dry:

On the positive side, I suppose it's good that Feige didn't announce Scott Buck as the director of Fantastic Four. Announcing that name alone would send the message that it's another franchise down the toilet.

John Campea actually has speculated that Marvel already has their cast lined up already to which I find highly unlikely but it’s not totally out of the realm of possibility. After all, Marvel did manage to keep Mahersalia Ali’s Blade casting under wraps from even the trades like HW until it was announced officially at Comic-Con. Campea is pretty hit-or-miss in terms of reliability so take this with a grain of salt. I’m not expecting casting announcements until at least early 2022.

Last edited:
Doesn't it seem like they should be further along in the process is it's to be release in 2023?

The date is not set in stone. They did not even give us a date. They are under no obligation to release it in 2023. They will release it when ready.

On the other hand, with the way things have changed with Disney, Marvel, and Lucasfilm, namely being way more secretive, we can expect more secrets to be kept close to their chest. Recent examples are every surprise from the Mandalorian series, WandaVision and Falcon & Winter Soldier cameos, it is almost like they enjoy surprising us. I think we can expect more like this especially with MCU Fantastic Four. I feel like they cast the parts already and are working on filming this in a closed location. Maybe even doing a lot of green screen/Mandalorian screen location filming which will prevent any leaks.

We would do well to keep tabs on John Krasinski + Emily Blunt (they will be doing more interviews for A Quiet Place 2), Dacre Montgomery, Jennifer Lawrence, Seth Rogen, Nikolaj Coster Waldau and anyone else who is most likely linked to this film and casting rumours.

My long-shot prediction - Johnny will show up in No Way home. And if that happens, there’s a good chance we’ll see Sue too.

I also think Reed, Ben and Doom will show up somewhere, but I don’t know where.

My long-shot prediction - Johnny will show up in No Way home. And if that happens, there’s a good chance we’ll see Sue too.

I don't think Johnny will, because that would take away from all the other Spider-Men and everyone else.

I still think there's a strong possibility of Reed showing up in Ant-Man 3

That would be fun, I would definitely be up for that

I can imagine Doom could be mentioned in Black Panther 2 or Doctor Strange 2.

I can imagine Doom could be mentioned in Black Panther 2 or Doctor Strange 2.

Reed and/or Doom and/or Ben could make sense in almost any of the upcoming films. It just seems like a matter of Marvel deciding where and when the want to use them.

But it’s a near certainty they’ll show up prior to the FF film, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some or all of the roles are already cast and being kept under wraps.

... but I think Johnny in No Way Home is slightly more likely than other possibilities because of his historical friendship with Peter and Jon Watts’ probable interest in transitioning to his next project.

From that point of view, the whole crew could show up.

Reed and/or Doom and/or Ben could make sense in almost any of the upcoming films. It just seems like a matter of Marvel deciding where and when the want to use them.

But it’s a near certainty they’ll show up prior to the FF film, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some or all of the roles are already cast and being kept under wraps.

... but I think Johnny in No Way Home is slightly more likely than other possibilities because of his historical friendship with Peter and Jon Watts’ probable interest in transitioning to his next project.

From that point of view, the whole crew could show up.
At the very least, some sort of Fantastic Four tease as a credits scene could be cool. Although, I'm sure one will set up the potential fourth Spidey movie and the other will probably be Dr. Strange related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"