Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

They always say they're not interested or that they haven't heard anything. The literally lie to protect the announcement. It's just how the game is played.

It is literally part of their NDA with Marvel Studios. Do not leak any news before we do or it may cost you the part. You can mislead and lie by all means, but do not let the cat out of the bag. That is Tom Holland's job ;)

Hadn't even noticed the purple

God, I'd love to see those two share a few scenes together.

RR: "The average arrow speed is 300 - 330 fps. With some modifications I could probably double that speed for you."
CB: "You remind me of someone."
RR: "Was he also trying to upgrade your arsenal's effectiveness?"
CB: "Yeah, you really remind me of him. You're just not as full of yourself."

Last edited:
^ well I think that confirms it in my mind. If those others are other MCU actors, especially. XD

Also: please spoiler tag your post please.

What an awesome time this is.

Takes me back to 2003 when the first whispers of a Fantastic Four movie being made by the studio behind X-Men & X2 started dropping via Wizard magazine and the early movie sites. I was insanely excited to hear they were going to do a live action FF. Then in 2004 the first official promo shots came out and prior to seeing them I had no idea who was playing who. I didn't recognize Gruffoud from anything but knew Alba from Dark Angel and Evans from Not Another Teen Movie and The Perfect Score. I was BLOWN AWAY to learn Chiklis was under the Thing costume since I was a huge fan of The Shield.

Then came that AWESOME first trailer!!! "5 People will be changed 4 ever...1 will be bad...4 will be... FANTASTIC." I remember seeing it opening night for Elektra on January 13 '05. 17 years ago. Wow.

The Fantastic Four trailer debuts with Elektra this Friday

Sucks that the movie was nowhere near as good as that trailer.

Can't wait for our first MCU FF Trailer.

Did you hear marvel and Disney just bought the use of Stan Lee’s likeness for their future movies? ethical arguments aside, do you reckon they could give him one more go as Willie Lumpkin? Like “oh remember that really sweet old postman we used to have?”

Well in all honesty, Emily Blunt has been quite silent in the headlines. One could say that lately, she has been largely invisible.
There were some pretty strong rumors about Bryce Dallas Howard as Sue for awhile there. But there have also been some rumors saying that she will be playing Alicia. She did play a blind girl in The Village, so she has some related experience. Also, if she's going to be the director, she might be better off taking a smaller part.

Did you hear marvel and Disney just bought the use of Stan Lee’s likeness for their future movies? ethical arguments aside, do you reckon they could give him one more go as Willie Lumpkin? Like “oh remember that really sweet old postman we used to have?”

While his cameos have always been fun, that stands out as a perfect fit for a real character from the comics.

… but then I’d also like to see a much younger Stan trying to get into the wedding.

They’re not as crooked as they look. That seems to be a result of the angles and the way they protrude.

I've never understood where the idea that Blunt
and Krasinski were he cast as Reed
would automatically be a packaged deal comes from.

I get that was the case with the A Quiet Place films but that doesn't really mean anything going forward in their careers.

Lovely collection. Congrats. Any Hickman hardcover omnibuses somewhere in that house? :cwink:

Nope, I’ve never bought a hardcover. Just the plain old off the shelf floppy versions.

I have been loading the digital “Marvel Masterworks” on my Kindle as fast as they release them so I have those stories easy to access and read any time anywhere but they’re around issue 21 (?) which I think might still be Byrne, so it will be a while until they get to Hickman.

Last edited:
Hmmm.
Never would have thought of him for that part but he'd be a perfect blend of Fassbender's physical presence and intensity with Mckellen's gravitas and authority.
2100bf65ce998349-600x338.jpg

I'm personally in the camp that MCU Magneto's backstory should be updated to a more recent genocide and race swapped, but Craig is probably my top choice if they decide to go in a more traditional direction. In which case, I'd explain he developed decelerated aging as a secondary mutation at some point.

Nope, I’ve never bought a hardcover. Just the plain old off the shelf floppy versions.

I have been loading the digital “Marvel Masterworks” on my Kindle as fast as the release them so I have those stories easy to access and read any time anywhere but they’re around issue 21 (?) which I think might still be Byrne, so it will be a while until they get to Hickman.

Looks like they’re up to 23 on Kindle now (24 in hardcover).

https://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Masterworks-Vol-1961-1996-ebook/dp/B09G4RZP6J/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2FRYZ6A315KAM&keywords=marvel+masterworks+fantastic+four+vol+23&qid=1653069476&sprefix=marvel+masterworks+fantastic+four+vol+23,aps,176&sr=8-1

I’d highly recommend these collections. I have 40 Years of FF on (dvd/cd?) which is fairly complete through 2004. I loaded those files on to my laptop, but that’s not as easy to read or bring with me on flights etc. as Masterworks on Kindle.

Last edited:

I get that was the case with the A Quiet Place films but that doesn't really mean anything going forward in their careers.
She, much like you know who has history with Marvel Studios. Back in '09 she was up for Black Widow but turned it down due to a low paycheck.

I don't think it's "automatic", but do think it increases the odds. That spoiler cracks me up. I didn't really need to reed it. LOL.

She, much like you know who has history with Marvel Studios. Back in '09 she was up for Black Widow but turned it down due to a low paycheck.

Maybe that was part of it??? Everything I read was that she had to turn it down due to contractual obligations. I know Marvel wasn't paying huge paychecks back then.

That wasn't why she turned it down. She already under contract for another movie and scheduling for it conflicted with Iron Man 2.

That wasn't why she turned it down. She already under contract for another movie and scheduling for it conflicted with Iron Man 2.
Favreau spilled the beans that they weren't paying her enough. In that same convo he said they almost didn't get Mickey had RDJ himself not convinced him that the low pay was worth it. Sam Rockwell almost didn't do it either.

Yea but again ultimately wasn't why she didn't do it. At the end of the day it was due to her previous obligations.

From what I heard, they could have offered her the moon and she was legally obligated to turn it down. If that's the case, everything else is conjecture. She may or may not have taken the role if the pay was low, but ultimately, if what I've heard is correct, it wasn't a "matter" of low pay. She just couldn't take the role under any circumstances.

I've heard her complain about these types of deals and it seems like Gulliver may have been the genesis of that.

I have been loading the digital “Marvel Masterworks” on my Kindle as fast as they release them
I've tried, but I just can't get into reading comics in a digital format. I had a Marvel Unlimited subscription for awhile but I didn't get as much use out of it as I should have, for that reason. I like having a real book to hold in my hand.

I've tried, but I just can't get into reading comics in a digital format. I had a Marvel Unlimited subscription for awhile but I didn't get as much use out of it as I should have, for that reason. I like having a real book to hold in my hand.

I’m all in. The idea of digging through boxes, finding what I want, keeping them from becoming clutter and filing them away after I’ve read them just seems barbaric to me now.:funny:

And it’s so great for traveling. I can be on an airplane or in a hotel room or on a cruise ship and have thousands of issues to choose from.

Plus I don’t have to keep a light in if my wife falls asleep.

And this is a big one at my age, I can zoom way in and don’t need reading glasses.:funny:

Last edited:
I'm a Hardcover man myself. At least when I get the option.

Ia was stoked to see Marvel release both Hickman Omnibuses in March. Definitely a good time to start pumping Hickman's FF with Multiverse of Madness coming out just a few months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"