Football (Soccer)

Liverpool in the first half should be happy with a draw. Liverpool in the second will be disappointed not to have drawn more blood. It was good watching Man City on the back foot so much, but that was pure stress the entire game lol.

Someone needs to explain how City's goal was not a 'technical offside' or whatever it was that struck off a VVD goal against Chelsea though. Offside player blocking a defender, impacts the goal? I don't understand football rules anymore.

8iq4hr.gif

Last edited:
Decent game, draw probably a fair result in the end considering the opportunities both sides had. City are a shaky side defensively, if more teams actually had a bit more bravery while playing them I think they can be got, they don't have any sort of world class defenders that I'd be worried about going up against if I was a forward. Like Haaland today, maybe wasn't worried about his duel with VVD, but he'd have maybe dialled himself in a bit more about what he would need to do to get the better of him. He'll probably be disappointed he didn't do better when the score was 1-0 & he'd got the better of VVD but then scuffed his shot.

The late penalty call featuring Doku & MacAllister, on this occasion I probably agree with VAR's decision not to interfere. He does touch the ball & he does touch the man when bringing his foot down, but for me I don't think there's enough in it to overturn the referee's initial judgement.

The late penalty call featuring Doku & MacAllister, on this occasion I probably agree with VAR's decision not to interfere. He does touch the ball & he does touch the man when bringing his foot down, but for me I don't think there's enough in it to overturn the referee's initial judgement.

Not the worst decision I've ever seen, but still pretty mad. Doku was beaten to the ball, then studded a guy in the chest. Surely that is a foul at least. I'm not sure it's even fair to say Doku got the touch, the ball bounced off him after he missed his attempt for it.

Not the worst decision I've ever seen, but still pretty mad. Doku was beaten to the ball, then studded a guy in the chest. Surely that is a foul at least. I'm not sure it's even fair to say Doku got the touch, the ball bounced off him after he missed his attempt for it.

If I was a Liverpool fan, I want a penalty for that 100% no questions asked & likewise if anything like that ever happens against Manchester United from anytime, I also want it given.

But if I am trying to be objective, I think it's a 50/50 call as well as a challenge. There's no denying Doku touches both ball & man, but for me he makes enough contact with the ball & he also does enough to basically try to pull his foot & minimise contact as he gets he leg out of the way IMO.

If the referee had given a penalty & VAR looked at it, I don't think they should have overruled it & said no penalty, but at the same time because the referee didn't initially give it, I don't think VAR could look at it & go, yes that's a mistake & overrule the on-field decision. It felt very 50/50, in my eyes for that sort of thing to be more clear cut Doku would have needed to go through the ball & really catch MacAllister a lot more flush.

Crazy scenes in Italy this weekend as the Lecce manager went on the pitch at full time to headbutt an opposition player. He has since been sacked.

Great Arsenal goal to level it on aggregate with Porto. No more goals though including extra time. Pens up next!

Arsenal go through on pens. Very good tie to watch.

Crazy game in the Prem last night it seems with Bournemouth coming from 3-0 down to win 4-3. Luton always seems to have entertaining games but the results are not going in their favour at the moment so its looking tough for them to survive now. Shame but at least they have given it a go and given teams a run for their money. Harsh realities though of life in the Prem, it is unforgiving.

Sancho thriving in Dortmund it seems, goes to show how toxic an environment United has become with no player really able to prosper or progress it seems in our squad these days. Its a problem that has built up over time since SAF left and not all on ETH this problem but shows the size of the task ahead for whomever is going to try and sort it all out.

West ham cruising through 4-0 against Freiburg having lost the first leg 1-0.

Kudus' goal was awesome, a run from his own half.

West Ham won 5-0 in the end after another from Kudus and Liverpool are already 4-0 up (9-1 on aggregate) after 14 mins against Sparta Prague!

I'd be a little surprised if the club parted ways with him for "only" £80m, although it just depends do they want out from under the big contract they tagged him under last year as the production hasn't matched the wages.

£80m though strikes me as us being lowballed by maybe £10m-£20m even if it's in add ons, Havertz went to Arsenal & he was a near complete bust, despite obviously being a talented player, for Chelsea & they managed to get near £70m for him. Chelsea also managed to fleece United for near £60m for a player also coming off a career worst season AND only had 1 year left on his contract in Mount who's spent most of this season injured.

If the club are prepared to negotiate with PSG you're going to get a good idea how good our new appointees are behind the scenes at being able to negotiate more favourably, as I think we can get more. Personally if it were me, I'd take £80m just to get out from under the contract he's on even though it is I think a little low, he is an established PL player & outside of this season he's usually good for 15-20 goals a season usually from the LW also. He'd go to the French league & look like Pele in his prime.

Sancho thriving in Dortmund it seems, goes to show how toxic an environment United has become with no player really able to prosper or progress it seems in our squad these days. Its a problem that has built up over time since SAF left and not all on ETH this problem but shows the size of the task ahead for whomever is going to try and sort it all out.

I don't think he's been doing that well, I saw an article the other day saying he's struggled since he returned to Germany.

I'd love to see Sancho return, but I don't blame EtH if he didn't want him back, it seems to me based on everything I've read that he has some growing up to do before he'll ever fulfil his immense potential.

Would love to see Antony shipped out & EtH try to rebuild his relationship with Sancho, start fresh upon his return. He's unquestionably got the talent & he's definitely an EtH player as he works hard for an attacker & is a lot less prone to carelessly giving the ball away as players like Antony, Rashford & Martial are.

Would be great if Gordon got a shot in the squad. He will fight for the team off the ball and seemed to up his game during the U21s, seems like he thrived in tournament football so maybe he will be suited to it at full level (unlike many top club pros).

Palmer totally deserves a place given what he's showed this season. If he doesn't get in now then at least he's a great prospect for the future.

It's a real shame about Rashford given how good he was looking not so long ago.

Has there been any update on Gordon's injury? He looked out of sorts from the start against Chelsea.

I think Palmer has put himself in position to be first off the bench.

Not confident for our teams in the FA Cup this weekend mate :nrv: Newcastle look like they're running on fumes and we pass the ball like we've been inhaling them.

Out of the three sides they are probably playing the best and most free flowing football, doesnt mean they will win the league but Rice has certainly improved them as a side overall, having a decent striker would help them in the tight games though.

I still think City or Liverpool will likely win the league having the experience and Liverpool with the Klopp factor but they arent giving up just yet thats for sure, their game again City is huge though, can they get over that mental hurdle and actually beat them when it matters the most.

It's going to be a really close run-in I feel, I agree that City and Liverpool have the edge purely on an experience level, but Arsenal are showing real resilience this season.

Yeah, I also think that this year will belong to City or Liverpool.

Arsenal still has one more summer of player transfers to solidify them as the team to beat. I'm really happy with their progress over the past few years and the foundation has already been laid to take them to the next level.

(My prediction is that Rice becomes a left CM next season and we go all in for a Kimmich or Tchoumeni type at the 6)

I think the way you've racked up goals with Havertz and Trossard as false 9's speaks to how well the team is coached, very impressive, only really seen that type of versatility from Guardiola's teams where the system is clearly king, but he's always had the 2 top class players for 1 position squad depth that Arteta doesn't currently have. That being said I can see a #9 being on Arteta's list this summer.

The evolution of Rice at Arsenal has been another very impressive development this season, I remember some West Ham fans said he had more in his locker that was suppressed by playing for Moyes and Southgate who are fa8rly cautious/negative coaches. I've read Zubimendi is the #6 option Arsenal are looking at but apparently you made an offer for Amadou Onana from Everton in January.

I was surprised how nervous you looked against Porto over the 2 legs, the confident swaggering football you've played in the PL wasn't there and the team looked anxious and off the pace until Odegaard stepped up with an exquisite piece of creativity.

If we do change manager going into next season I do agree the choice will either make or break any anticipation for next season. Tuchel for example would completely kill off any interest for me. There are other "project" managers whether it's Potter, De Zerbi or Amorim for example, but I feel like any manager will get it tough. It's easy to forget that ETH did really well with Ajax and had we not secured him, I don't think it's unlikely that he would have gotten another big job like Bayern Munich by now. (Whether he would do better at another top club is up for speculation ofc)

Personally I would love to see something big like 5 players out 5 players in during the summer but it feels unlikely. Maybe INEOS will make things better but we've been so slow with fixing our squad that by the time one leak is fixed we have two other ones to deal with.

I have to admit Ten Hag has been losing me across the course of the season, his ridiculous attempt to fuse two tactical set-ups that are polar opposites has been a disaster and trying to do it with a creaking midfield and the possession lepers in this team is stubbornness to a fault. Nagelsmann and Amorin are appealing options in my view, it would also hopefully see Bruno replaced as Captain as that was another mistake due to Dutch coaches seemingly feeling the Captain needs to play every minute or every game.

Cracking player but worryingly injury prone, I'd wanted United to be interested but we can't risk it at the moment with his track record.

So poor today, purely from a balance perspective, that team shouldn't have played together. You've a collection of players that give the ball away so cheaply & without any pressure, then you've also a player on the pitch that actively hides from taking the ball & even when he does take it, he's useless, it's no shock to see Everton see far more of the ball than they should have, which in turn added unnecessary risk.

It's absolutely infuriating to watch, I'm at least glad EtH acknowledged how poor we were in regards to the lack of composure on the ball.

United in possession.

tenor.gif

I'd piggyback him to Paris, I know Ten Hag played it down in today's presser but the fact is we'll never be a good or truly successful team while he's in it, he's massively inconsistent still at nearly 27 and his bottom level is atrocious, and in truth even when he's in scoring form his team play is poor and his football IQ is in single digits, not to mention it's like playing with 10 men off the ball as he's so lazy.

I'd piggyback him to Paris, I know Ten Hag played it down in today's presser but the fact is we'll never be a good or truly successful team while he's in it, he's massively inconsistent still at nearly 27 and his bottom level is atrocious, and in truth even when he's in scoring form his team play is poor and his football IQ is in single digits, not to mention it's like playing with 10 men off the ball as he's so lazy.

Seems to be a trend with us that the "young promising local lad with world class potential" is actually a player between the age of 26-30 who still hasn't found a consistent level whether it's Rashford or Lingard or whoever else.

Champions League draw was a little lop sided again, you feel whomever comes out on top in the Arsenal/Bayern/City/Madrid side will run out winners and its going to be tough for anyone not called City on that side, the others is wide open and could really be any of them.

FA Cup this weekend, fun game at the moment with Wolves 1-1 with Coventry who led until the last 10 minutes.

Massive game tomorrow with United v Liverpool, dont see anything but a Liverpool win but you never know.

Incredible end to the FA CUp game earlier with Coventry scoring two late late goals to nick a place in the semi final 3-2 against Wolves, Incredible effort to get this far. First name in the draw.

City go 1-0 early against Newcastle in the next QF.

2-0 City another deflected goal but City are well in control of this at the moment. Newcastle all over the place at the back at the moment.

2-0 City another deflected goal but City are well in control of this at the moment. Newcastle all over the place at the back at the moment.
Was expecting to be well beaten tonight but City don't need deflected goals to help them win games like this. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"