• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I trained my female Salandit (nicknamed it Nabooru) to a Salazzle in hopes that she would change my mind and replace my Lycanroc or Bewear with her, but I just prefer the other two more. I will use her for online battles cause she is great with Corrosive and Toxic.

Does anyone know on how I can transfer th ash greninja from the demo to our actual game?

Am I the only one who had trouble with Nanu's Alolan Persian? That bastard is bulky as hell.

I caught a shiny Alolan Meowth. Very happy about that. I don't often get shiny Pokemon. I just wish Alolan Persian wasn't so derp.

What I'm liking a lot about SuMo so far is how convenient backtracking is. The previous games I felt it was easier to just power thru until you unlocked Fly. In addition to getting Flying Charizard pretty early, backtrack within or to another island is easy.

Also, female Sandalits are popular on GTS. I traded one for a female Popplio. Easy way to get one is catch a female Igllybuff with Cute Charm, put it in your first slot, catch a male, then repeat in the grass you can find Sandalit.

I did the same but with a Sylveon. With Pokemon Pelago it's very easy to get Eevee's affection high, just shake the bean stalk until you get a rainbow bean. It only takes one bean then it'll evolve (with the baby doll eyes move). After breeding my Salandit for a good nature I ended up with 3 spare females, one of which I traded for a Popplio.

I also randomly got a Riolu from wonder trade and found someone on gts offering a Ditto for one, so I'm able to Ditto breed now and I'm only on the secondly island. Good times.

Holy crap I just caught a shiny female Salandit on route 8!!

Has anybody's teams changed since what they claimed they would use before release?

Before
mIalWJx.png

My teams are

t8lvi9Z.png

• Nightingale
  • Pisces
  • Bombshell
  • Equestes
  • Bigby
  • Glowbug

• Wildcat
  • Majesteen
  • Frostail
  • SeaTox
  • Sandtasm
  • Asterock

• Aquafina
  • Bonekeeper
  • Crablos
  • Ozzie
  • Eggplant
  • Sparkster

Got 4 articles from the same place.

This Week In Sales: Pokémon Sun & Moon Makes Its Grand Debut. November 27, 2016 . 12:00am

The highly anticipated release of Pokémon Sun & Moon made its way in Japan last week, and sales tracker Media Create gives us a closer look at its numbers and how it performed.

42 comments Read >

Period: The week of November 14th – November 20 (2016)
Top-seller: Pokémon Sun & Moon – 1,590,629
Nintendo 3DS sales: 529
Nintendo 3DS LL sales: 96
Nintendo 2DS – 17,769
New Nintendo 3DS sales: 8,193
New Nintendo 3DS LL sales: 81,044
PlayStation Vita sales: 9,191
Wii U sales: 3,251
PlayStation 4 sales: 25,605
PlayStation 4 Pro: 12,421
PlayStation 3 sales: 625
Xbox One sales: 186
<< Last week’s software sales chart
<< How to read and understand sales

Last week, Japan saw the biggest first-week debut for any title this year with the highly anticipated release of Pokémon Sun & Moon. Japanese sales tracker Media Create gives us a look at how it performed along with other titles not named Pokémon from the week of November 14 through November 20, 2016.

#1 of the week goes to Pokémon Sun & Moon with a whopping 1,590,629 sold in its debut. Combined with the Pokémon Sun & Moon Double Pack, which placed #2 with 151,379 copies sold. With the double pack counting towards two copies each, it totaled to a grand 1,893,387. According to Media Create, Sun version sold roughly 808,000 copies while Moon version sold around 783,000.

You might be wondering “what about the 1.9 millions in three days that was reported earlier?” Keep in mind that Famitsu and Media Create are two different trackers, and both may have similar numbers, but will always be slightly different, but the reason Famitsu has much higher numbers is because they also include digital cards that are sold at retailers (but not digital sales from the eShop).

Now here’s the fun part—let’s see how it stacks compared to the first-week sales of Pokémon titles going all the way back to Ruby & Sapphire in 2002, provided by Media Create:

• (2002) Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire – 1,093,299 [GBA]
  • (2004) Pokémon Fire Red & Leaf Green – 1,013,119 [GBA]
  • (2004) Pokémon Emerald – 790,527 [GBA]
  • (2006) Pokémon Diamond & Pearl – 1,588,734 [DS]
  • (2008) Pokémon Platinum – 963,273 [DS]
  • (2009) Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver – 1,442,990 [DS]
  • (2010) Pokémon Black & White – 2,557,779 [DS]
  • (2012) Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 – 1,561,738 [DS]
  • (2013) Pokémon X & Y – 1,866,570 [3DS]
  • (2014) Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire – 1,327,671 [3DS]
  • (2016) Pokémon Sun & Moon – 1,893,387 [3DS]
[Thanks for the data and chart, Ishaan!]​

As you can see, Pokémon Sun & Moon’s debut with the double pack puts it at the 2nd all-time best-selling debut for the series. According to Media Create, the sell-through rate was around 80%, about the same X & Y had, except it didn’t have a double pack to go with it.

On the hardware side, Pokémon Sun & Moon proved to be console-sellers, as it helped move 81,044 units of the New 3DS LL, an increase of 398.36% compared to the week prior with the additional 34,000 units of the Pikachu Yellow model and 9,000 units of the Solgaleo and Lunala Black model. The 3DS family as a whole sold about 108,000 units, about 333.21% increase compared to the week prior. Starting this week, we’ll begin seeing a separate set of numbers for the PlayStation 4 Pro, which sold about half the total of the standard PlayStation 4.

The top-20 chart for the week was as follows:

Sales data acquired from 4Gamer and Media Create.

Read more stories about Battlefield 1 & Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare & Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 & Fate/Extella & Kirby: Planet Robobot & Mario Party: Star Rush & Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition & Minecraft: Wii U Edition & Nintendo 3DS & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita & Pokémon Moon & Pokémon Sun & Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization & The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim & This Week In Sales & Titanfall 2 & Wii U & World of Final Fantasy & Xbox One on Siliconera.

Further details inthe articles its self above.

Fallowing that.

New Pokémon Figure Featuring Ash And Charizard Showcased During Mega Hobby Expo 2016 Autumn. November 27, 2016 . 9:30am

A batch of new figures were debuted at this year’s Mega Hobby Expo Autumn in Japan, including one featuring Ash and Charizard and another of Zero and Mega Man from Mega Man X.

11 comments Read >

A batch of new figures were debuted at this year’s Mega Hobby Expo Autumn in Japan, and a few photos of the figures have surfaced. [Thanks, @amiamihobbynews and @mega_girlshobby.]

First off is a look at a Pokémon figure from MegaHouse’s G.E.M. series featuring Ash and Pikachu riding on Charizard’s back. This particular figure will release in spring 2017.

Read more stories about Mega Man X & Pokemon on Siliconera.

fallowing that

Nintendo Minute Takes A Look At The Battle Royal Mode In Pokémon Sun & Moon. November 27, 2016 . 1:30pm

In a new episode of Nintendo Minute, hosts Kit and Krysta take on the challenge of Pokémon Sun & Moon&#8217;s new battle mode, Battle Royal, along with a couple of guests.

3 comments Read >

In a new episode of Nintendo Minute, hosts Kit and Krysta take on the challenge of Pokémon Sun & Moon&#8217;s new battle mode, Battle Royal, along with a couple of guests. You can watch to see who comes out on top in their battle in the video below.

[YT]-jW_3Kjlbmc[/YT]

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are available for the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Moon & Pokémon Sun on Siliconera.

lastly

Pokémon Sun & Moon Devs On Their Hopes For The Games, The Most Challenging Features To Implement, And More . November 27, 2016 . 5:30pm

Pokémon Sun & Moon director Shigeru Ohmori and series producer Junichi Masuda discussed their ideas and hopes for the new games, what proved to be the most challenging aspect to implement, and more in an interview with Famitsu.

9 comments Read >
20161127_030444_thumb.png

Back before the release of Pokémon Sun & Moon just over a week ago, Japanese magazine Famitsu sat down with Sun & Moon&#8217;s director Shigeru Ohmori and series producer Junichi Masuda to ask a few questions about the two games.

Among the questions asked, Ohmori and Masuda commented on their ideas and hopes for the new games as well as what proved to be the most challenging aspect to implement. Ohmori also discussed how the introduction of Z-Moves could change up the way players battle, while both devs shared their personal advice in regards to starting Sun & Moon.
First, could you tell us about some of the ideas behind the new games, and what your hopes for them are?

Ohmori &#8211; To get right to the point, we&#8217;ve created a world where humans and Pokémon have a closer relationship. These titles are launching on the 20th anniversary of the original games, so I thought it would be good to once again ask myself: &#8220;What are Pokémon?&#8221; I was tasked with directing an entirely new Pokémon generation for the first time, and I wanted to really think about what kinds of creatures Pokémon are, and how they should fit into the games.

Masuda &#8211; As you know, I am the producer for the new games, a different role than I am used to. It was difficult for me to break the habits I had formed while working on previous titles, so I hoped that Ohmori could change things from the bottom up as the director this time. I am glad to say that we were successful, and managed to create many unique experiences that were not present in previous games. We believe that everyone who plays Sun and Moon will be able to
enjoy a brand new kind of adventure.

What aspects of Sun and Moon did you two find to be challenging to implement?

Ohmori &#8211; For me it was the Trials. In typical Pokémon games there are a series of Gyms that you have to defeat, but we decided to try changing the formula completely for Sun and Moon. We redid the internal systems many, many times, working diligently to finalize them up until the very end of development. The Gym battles in previous games focused on the &#8216;trainer vs. trainer&#8217; aspect, but this time we wanted the Pokémon themselves to take a more active role. We started with that simple thought in mind, but in the end they turned out to be much more difficult to implement than we ever imagined. (laughs)

The Gym battle format from previous games had been perfected, after all.

Ohmori &#8211; That&#8217;s right. If we changed one thing even slightly, it would have a drastic effect on many different levels. Those kinds of adjustments couldn&#8217;t be made lightly. But despite the doubts we had about whether or not we should make those changes, we were determined to take the plunge. This might sound a little boastful, but our previous games were very well designed, and it took a lot of courage for us to take a break apart a working formula. So, even we had our own Trials to overcome (laughs).

Masuda &#8211; Gym battles were kind of like checkpoints within the games. Once you were powerful enough, you would go and fight the gym leader, and win their badge. It was like getting a certificate showing you had made progress. We had a lot of discussions about the Trials, as we were worried they would feel too much like wild Pokémon battles if they didn&#8217;t have that same sense of progression. The team must have worked tirelessly to find a system that fit that requirement.

The introduction of Z-Moves seem like they will make a big difference in how battles play out. I think their inclusion will add more depth to the competitive side of battles as well.

Ohmori &#8211; That&#8217;s right. I believe we&#8217;ll see a much wider variety of Pokémon used in battle now, since they all have the capacity to use Z Moves. Certain Pokémon may influence battles differently now, leading players to develop new strategies. It will be interesting to see the more unusual Pokémon make an appearance.

Since the games will soon be out, is there anything you want to tell people about the start of the games, or things people should be aware of?

Ohmori &#8211; The way the story begins and unfolds throughout the games is a little different from our previous titles. I hope players will take note of these as they make their way through the game, and wonder to themselves, &#8220;What&#8217;s going to happen next?&#8221; The story is more intricate this time, and we hope players will continue to wonder about it as it progresses, and become more immersed in the gameplay as a result.

Masuda &#8211; You&#8217;re probably wondering what he&#8217;s talking about. All I can say is, be careful whenever you&#8217;re on a bridge (laughs). I think that, because the story develops more dramatically, it&#8217;s easier to get into, and more people will be able to enjoy each of the new developments. It deals with that question: &#8220;What are Pokémon?&#8221; Players can also look forward to a new take on the selection of their starter Pokémon.

Ohmori &#8211; Team Skull, the Aether Foundation, as well as creatures known as Ultra Beasts, all play an active role in the story. People who enjoy the cinematic parts of games will find it very satisfying, and anyone who enjoys a good mystery will want to try the game out.

Masuda &#8211; Some people who don&#8217;t play Pokémon games think that they&#8217;re targeted towards children. We hope that the more human-like proportions and enhanced cinematic aspects will make it easier for a wider audience to enjoy these games. We also hope that newcomers to the series will try Sun and Moon out, and find out exactly what makes Pokémon the deep, interesting and cool experience it is.

To read the interview with Ohmori and Masuda in its entirety, you can go here.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are available for the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Moon & Pokémon Sun on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Tip: Fast Reseting is L + R + Start.

I say this because it sped up looking for a Mareanie and made it less a chore.

BTW, I caught a Mareanie. It has Relaxed. +Def (!) -Speed (!, cause it wont ever use speed), and has Merciless.

Tip: Fast Reseting is L + R + Start.

I say this because it sped up looking for a Mareanie and made it less a chore.

BTW, I caught a Mareanie. It has Relaxed. +Def (!) -Speed (!, cause it wont ever use speed), and has Merciless.

Mareanie is looking very powerful. I'm loving Sun and Moon, but the stats are miss or hit. The Ultra Beasts, and Mareanie have stats that waste nothing, very optimized and deliberate. In the past normal physical attackings mons with high physical atk, and a physical move pool still would have wasted points in special atk that they'll never use. Where the Ultra Beasts don't do that. I really don't plan on using UB's due to their design, and OPness (Seriously, Pheremosa and Kartana are ridiculously powerful), but their stat distribution style is spot on.

On the downside though, this gen has a LOT of slow 'mon. The starters, Trumbeak, Vikavolt, Gumshoos, ect. Vikavolt in particular is surprising as the Pokedex has it played up to be fast. tWhen we can import 'mon from previous gens via Pokebank I see them struggling. People will find a way to make them work though (I see trick room being popular). However Golisopod and Mareanie have the bulk to just not care. I am loving the diversity, and how this gen is combating speed creep. They just made too many slow 'mon, IMO.

Mudsdale with Stamina is gonna be a big deal for me. I really like that new Pokemon and getting your defense raised every time you're hit is gonna make for a decent tank. I wish it had more than just Ground typing though.

Aside from the decreased speed for A LOT of the pokemon in this new generation, the only other thing that I find disappointing is how a lot of the good choices for pokemon (whether by catching them or by evolving) aren't available until very late in the game.

Aside from the decreased speed for A LOT of the pokemon in this new generation, the only other thing that I find disappointing is how a lot of the good choices for pokemon (whether by catching them or by evolving) aren't available until very late in the game.

Ugh yes. I wanted to go through the game with Alolan Sandslash, but you find the Sandshrew on the mountain before the Elite Four. I ended up rolling through the vast majority of the game with Leafeon, Mudsdale and Pangoro.

I know a lot of players who were mad cause they couldn't get Vikavolt or Crabominable until real late in the game.

Vikavolt I was annoyed with as that was going to be my main electric type (although people have been saying charjabug with eviolite more than holds its own). I've ended up using Luxray thanks to the island scanner instead.

I much prefer Crabrawler's design over Crabominable so that one doesn't bother me, and it gets a reduction in base speed when it evolves anyway. I'm using Crabrawler with eviolite on my team atm.

Academics assess Pokemon Go’s value to conservation and education

November 28, 2016 14 Comments

Let’s cap off the evening with some feel-good, sciency stories about Pokemon Go, shall we?

Zoologists at Oxford University are studying Pokemon Go to determine how the game might be harnessed for conservation efforts.

While they’ve noted that obsession with shiny bright pretend Pokemon could negatively impact people’s willingness and desire to interact with the actual natural world, they point to innate similarities between naturalist activities and Pokemon play.

With a few tweaks to the game — like more realistic ecology, real species, and a focus on remote settings — it could even become a “citizen science” project and reinvigorate people’s love for the outdoors and exploring the natural environment, especially since the game already encourages people to flock together for rare critters, not unlike birdwatchers. In fact, there’s already a hashtag (#Pokeblitz) for people trying to identify animals and plants they’ve found while out hunting Pokemon on their phones.

Meanwhile, on this side of the pond, Arizona State University professor Karen Guerrero already designed a multi-age-bracket lesson plan that uses the game as a tool to teach cartography, “how to use geospatial technologies and communicate geographic information,” and vocabulary skills for ESL students.Read more

source : Massivelyop.com/

I was going to use Wishiwashi to replace my Crabrawler as my water type at first. However I decided to mess around with my Festival Plaza, and Wondertrade off some of my breed rejects right after I beat the second totem Pokemon. I ended up getting a male, and female wimpod, both from Japanese players, with the male having aqua jet bred on it. I was going to play Golisopod anyway so I bred an adamant one. Just now my Golisopod will have 3 priority moves on it, yea!, lol.

Sadly it will have to wait. I just got my FFXV pre order yesterday, and I'm going to be putting Sun and Moon on the backburner until I finish it. Damn you GameFREAK, and Square for making me choose.

3DS
[FONT=&quot]Pokemon Sun and Moon first week sales top 1.5 million in Europe, Nintendo’s biggest launch in the region[/FONT]

Published 13 hours ago. 19 comments.
Big numbers for latest Pokemon game.

Pokemon-Sun-Moon-1p5-EU_11-30-16.jpg

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon is the biggest ever launch of a Nintendo game in Europe, with first week sales of the 3DS games totaling over 1.5 million units, including more than 368,000 units sold in the United Kingdom, Nintendo announced.

To compare, first week sales in Japan totaled 1.7 million.
Sales for North America have not been announced.

Read More

3DS, Europe, Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokemon Sun and Moon, RPG, Sales

also with

3DS
[FONT=&quot]Pokemon Sun and Moon sales top 3.7 million in less than two weeks in the Americas[/FONT]
Published 10 hours ago. 145 comments.
Pokemon games have sold over 280 million units since 1996.

Pokemon-Sun-Moon-America-Sales_11-30-16.jpg

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon sold a combined total of 3.7 million units in less than two weeks in the Americas, an 85 percent increase over Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, and are the fastest-selling games in Nintendo history in the region, Nintendo announced.

“With these huge sales figures, Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon have proved themselves as two of the hottest video games to buy this holiday season,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “With great reviews and outstanding fan response, these next iterations in the Pokemon series are sure to please any player in the family.”

Sales for all Pokemon-related software have surpassed 280 million units worldwide since the launch of Pokemon Red Version and Pokemon Blue Version in 1996.

If you missed it earlier, Nintendo announced that first week sales of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon in Europe totaled 1.7 million.

Read More

3DS, Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokemon Sun and Moon, RPG, Sales

source: Gematsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"