Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

At least we don't have to deal with the will they or won't they post season 3.

I really hope season 3 is something special. I really didn't enjoy the last one. Any word on a Luke Cage appearance? That'd be nice.

I also hope it has an actual ending. Like other than the Bullseye tease Daredevil season 3 wrapped on the story nicely. Punisher too.

My hope is the showrunner leaving was always going to get them to end on a satisfying note.

There's a reddit leaker who was right about when the Daredevil/Punisher/Jessica Jones cancellations would be announced, and they were right about Punisher Season 2's marketing. They say Jessica Jones Season 3 is a mess and everyone involved knows it's not worthy as a final season.

There's a reddit leaker who was right about when the Daredevil/Punisher/Jessica Jones cancellations would be announced, and they were right about Punisher Season 2's marketing. They say Jessica Jones Season 3 is a mess and everyone involved knows it's not worthy as a final season.
do you have a link to the post where they say that?

My man. Thanks. I like this response he has
Do I know, 100%, that these versions of these shows are over? No, this is entertainment, anyone with money can make something happen. However, given the licensing, the fact the cast and crew have been at this for 5 years, how much these shows cost, the fact that no one wants to market a show that exists on another service as a barrier of entry, and that the crew is already scattered, it would be ESPECIALLY expensive and I just don’t think it’s happening in the D+ world where Feige is head of creative.
PRetty much sums up my feelings and why I don't think these iterations will be back

I remain cautiously optimistic. There are ways to continue these characters' stories with a relaunch that negates the need to visit Netflix first, and Disney could probably get those seasons back if they wanted. The big names (Daredevil, Punisher) are the most popular among the casting choices and won't be easily replaced. Characters like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have arguably had more screen-time than their characters need already. I don't see Marvel rushing to start over with them, but they are ripe for crossovers/team-ups etc.

I really don't see any evidence that Daredevil and Punisher won't be easily replaced.

I really don't see any evidence that Daredevil and Punisher won't be easily replaced.

Oh they can be no doubt, I just mean they're popular enough picks that it won't go down well.

I got what you meant, I still don't see any evidence of that. I don't see much evidence that enough people are that attached to these actors playing these characters that it'll make significant noise in the real world when they get replaced.

Bernthal and D'nofrio are so good in their roles that I dont see Marvel IMPROVING upon those casting choices. Luke Cage and Iron Fist actually should be recast. Everyone else I think is good enough but replaceable.

It was only a matter of time. The only shock here was that they announced the cancellation before season three's premiere.

I can't imagine it being worse than season two.

I actually liked the first half of season two before it fell apart. It's not great, but the detective noir vibe gave it momentum that worked. But once the reveal happened, everything ground to a halt with the Trish story, the mother story, etc. becoming so unlikeable.

I loved season 2 myself. It was messy and we saw how ugly everyone could be, but that was sort of the point. Very underrated IMO.

At least they announced it beforehand. Never got around to season 2 but I really enjoyed season 1

I got what you meant, I still don't see any evidence of that. I don't see much evidence that enough people are that attached to these actors playing these characters that it'll make significant noise in the real world when they get replaced.

Well it's hard to say for sure what the real world is like inside this nerd bubble, but I can find about 260,000 names eager to see Daredevil return, and anecdotally I know of a few people who couldn't care less about comic book properties but love Bernthal's Punisher. Enough to make significant noise? Perhaps not, but it is relative to a slate of properties that aren't making much noise anyway.

I loved season 2 myself. It was messy and we saw how ugly everyone could be, but that was sort of the point. Very underrated IMO.

See I like this on paper, but I'm struggling real hard to remember what even happened in 13 hours. I quite liked the Hogarth stuff (which many didn't I gather) but that may just be because I like Carrie a lot.

I remember season 2 quite well, but if others were less enthused, I get it. Different strokes :up:

Though I wish with the cancellation announcement they would have just told us when the season is debuting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"