Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need the folks behind the Castlevania tv series to give me a live action Vampirella series. The chick from 'The Love Witch' would be my choice. And no, don't change her goddamn suit. She is a character that owns her hnnnngh. lol
If the rumors are true, Adi Shankar's next project is Legend of Zelda. If I'm being honest, though, I don't give a rat's ass about that game.

How about before spending 100s of millions of dollars on this wall, which ppl will just dig underneath and get through..How about some sensible gun laws? Nah. Too much to ask for these politicians. Just another day in Merica'.

donald-glover-packed-this-is-america-with-a-lot-of-hidden-meaning.gif

Why is he dressed like a beehive covered in tar?

Eh, not interested in this GoT prequel thing. The only GoT prequel that interested me was the dude with his two hot sisters flying around on dragons. That is it.

How about before spending 100s of millions of dollars on this wall, which ppl will just dig underneath and get through..How about some sensible gun laws? Nah. Too much to ask for these politicians. Just another day in Merica'.

donald-glover-packed-this-is-america-with-a-lot-of-hidden-meaning.gif
I am very thankful that I live in a country where guns are illegal. We even have strict laws about air guns.

Did they reveal their monthly price yet? I wonder if it's more than Netflix.

Not sure how I feel about the BB movie. I feel we need to learn to leave "well enough" alone sometimes. The series finale was perfect and a movie with just Aaron Paul without Bryan Cranston to bounce off of...i dont know. I trust Gilligan but Cranston IS Breaking Bad.

Did they reveal their monthly price yet? I wonder if it's more than Netflix.
Not that I'm aware of. But I think it's gotta be more than Netflix, with the money they're sinking into it. I'm guessing $12-16/month.

But do some characters merit going back in prequel mode tho? Eh. Solo and kid Darth Vader already showed this wasn't a good idea. Some characters are just better off letting them be. This is why I'm keeping my hype low for JOKER, despite being on board with that cast. Imagine watching a prequel to see how Hans Landa or Anton Chigurh came to be, not my jam.

So about the same as Netflix.... (I needs my 4K :o )
Oh well my guess was for the whatever the basic package would be. A 4k option would probably be more. :oldrazz:

EDIT: Ok, I rescind my prediction:
While Disney has yet to announce a specific price, Bob Iger said, "I can say that our plan on the Disney side is to price this substantially below where Netflix is. That is in part reflective of the fact that it will have substantially less volume."

So yes, I will definitely be subscribing to this, lol.

Last edited:
But do some characters merit going back in prequel mode tho? Eh. Solo and kid Darth Vader already showed this wasn't a good idea. Some characters are just better off letting them be. This is why I'm keeping my hype low for JOKER, despite being on board with that cast. Imagine watching a prequel to see how Hans Landa or Anton Chigurh came to be, not my jam.
Yes, I don't generally care for prequels that "explain" how iconic characters came to be how they are. For a lot of them, like Han Solo, Boba Fett and The Joker, their mystique is a huge part of their appeal. Taking that away takes away something vital, imo. Which is why I'm on board for this Diego Luna Star Wars thing, because there's nothing iconic about his character. If anything he was under-served in Rogue One, imo. They can basically do whatever they want with him and not risk "ruining" anything, and Luna can certainly be a compelling lead.

This is the beginning of the end, folks. While none of these services pose an immediate threat to Netflix, the more of these streaming services that pop up the more licenses Netflix will slowly but surely lose until there'll barely have any good movies to watch. Heck, even right now, I feel like Netflix's bread and butter is really television series both original and licensed. Their movie selection really only caters to film nerds like us who like indies, foreign films and 80's/90's classics.

Geez, Disney is NOT playing around with this service. I feel like any one of these shows they've announced could be the flagship show of any other debut network.

Totally. These are some heavy hitters.

Yes, I don't generally care for prequels that "explain" how iconic characters came to be how they are. For a lot of them, like Han Solo, Boba Fett and The Joker, their mystique is a huge part of their appeal. Taking that away takes away something vital, imo. Which is why I'm on board for this Diego Luna Star Wars thing, because there's nothing iconic about his character. If anything he was under-served in Rogue One, imo. They can basically do whatever they want with him and not risk "ruining" anything, and Luna can certainly be a compelling lead.

4v5r.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"