Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezra Miller's red carpet look for The Crimed Crimes of Grindelwald.

7a49461896b32fae269cdc826d4ee56f

de454645027f26a2719894d09e85a98a

a324e3684689d180ff180deb998c6c1b

He could be smuggling people underneath that.
I'd love to have confidence and looks to be able to pull off things like that (Miller, Gaga etc).

Last edited:
Ezra Miller's red carpet look for The Crimed of Grindelwald.

I'd love to have confidence and looks to be able to pull off things like that (Miller, Gaga etc).
This coat meme is really blowing up.

He looks stupid, sure, the look probably has some artistic merit that is lost on me... but it just looks obnoxious - i get he can be a goof, fair play to him... he's enjoying himself, but yeah... it's lost on me.

I've seen the arc on Arrow and Daredevil.
Doesn't make sense on DD, like at all, but I get the whole cutthroat vigilante becomes reserved protector ie the infamous "no kill" code.
Here it works because we've seen Dick go on a really obsessed, dreary path even thinking he's the villain on the TT cartoon, Thwaites' Grayson acts like a spiteful addict,
Jason Todd will be a treat, and we know his endgame is Nigtwing.
Not sure I follow. What exactly doesn't make sense to you as regards to Daredevil's character arc? Anyway, the point I was trying to convey is that Dick Grayson is a more even-tempered sort of vigilante. He's not a tortured, brooding type à la Batman, Green Arrow or the aforementioned Daredevil; he has a far less cynical view of the world. So, as Flickchick suggested, one can't help but get the sense that Titans was at least partially born of the same ineffective approach to making every character more like Batman when they certainly need not be.

Now, I get that this show was never intended to slavishly replicate the comics; and as someone who likes his heroes a little dark and cynical, I can't say that I have a real problem with Thwaites' take on Robin. From an objective stance, however, this just isn't the character I know.

SW:ROS was not a bad movie at all. It is in fact probably my second favorite Star Wars movie only second to ESB.

No Star Wars opening has been as good as this.

Me too! Anakin vs Obi Wan is still the lightsaber battle to beat. And the score....:hmr:

Daredevil Season 1: Perfect. Nothing more needs to be said.

Daredevil Season 2: Felt messy and directionless to me the first time I watched it, which left me disappointed. But upon a re-watch, liked it much more. Punisher and Elektra are definitely highlights.

The Defenders: Yes, I re-watched it. It's an event that heavily involves Daredevil and even ends with his "death". Felt very underwhelmed the first time, but actually really liked it on this re-watch.

Daredevil Season 3: Only finished Episode 1 and I'm hooked.

Not sure I follow. What exactly doesn't make sense to you as regards to Daredevil's character arc? Anyway, the point I was trying to convey is that Dick Grayson is a more even-tempered sort of vigilante. He's not a tortured, brooding type à la Batman, Green Arrow or the aforementioned Daredevil; he has a far less cynical view of the world. So, as Flickchick suggested, one can't help but get the sense that Titans was at least partially born of the same ineffective approach to making every character more like Batman when they certainly need not be.

Now, I get that this show was never intended to slavishly replicate the comics; and as someone who likes his heroes a little dark and cynical, I can't say that I have a real problem with Thwaites' take on Robin. From an objective stance, however, this just isn't the character I know.
The lack of (relative to this no kill thing he's not so subtle about in s2) on top of the funny irony of trying to sell me a no kill code with characters who are still pretty damn violent.
Dick is tortured, brooding as Robin on the Teen Titans cartoon, especially anything involving Slade.
YJ made him less so (heck he was trying to match Kid Flash's wit). Although when he matured into Nightwing, his temperament became Batman-lite.
I get the sense the reverse is the point in his evolution into Nightwing
and Thwaites' take already strikes the right balance aside from the intentional "more help people need, the worse [he has] to hurt the others"

I've seen people saying saying the DC streaming may fizzle slow if they don't improve the content but the top brass are loosening the grasp they had for movie characters not appearing in TV. Superman now Batman (even if it's just shadows)..new content will be added eventually. Also the house of mouse might do well cause it's playing the nostalgia card with Star Wars, clever. Netflix won't die it's on itself by now more of it's content rather than depending on outside source. Don't be surprised if the new Star wars hits there as Disney will be sorting out the Knicks on it's streaming site.

Ezra always seems to have fun with his press tour looks.

The lack of (relative to this no kill thing he's not so subtle about in s2) on top of the funny irony of trying to sell me a no kill code with characters who are still pretty damn violent.

Dick is tortured, brooding as Robin on the Teen Titans cartoon, especially anything involving Slade.
YJ made him less so (heck he was trying to match Kid Flash's wit). Although when he matured into Nightwing, his temperament became Batman-lite.

I get the sense the reverse is the point in his evolution into Nightwing
and Thwaites' take already strikes the right balance aside from the intentional "more help people need, the worse [he has] to hurt the others"

The way I saw it, DD was going through a personal crisis of faith. He not only turned away from God (for the time being anyhow), but he was willing to walk away from his life as Matt Murdock altogether. In his then-current frame of mind, it wouldn't have made much sense for him to continue espousing a "no kill code" with the same kind of reverence he'd shown in the past. But, as we eventually saw, with his faith in both God and himself restored, so too were his views on the preservation/sanctity of life. That's why he ultimately couldn't go through w/ killing Fisk in the season finale.
I hear you, though. Trying to maintain a code like that all the while practicing such violent methods does seem a tad paradoxical. Still, there's something compelling in the struggle to keep yourself from falling into the abyss when you're standing so very close to the edge. And for me, it isn't about coming short of that goal or even looking like a hypocrite in the process; it's about believing in something worthwhile and continuously trying your best to live up to it.

Fair enough. I haven't watched those cartoons, but I'll take your word for it.

I just hope the character continues to evolve so we get to see more of his personality come through. That way, he wouldn't come off like such a Batman doppelgänger.

I've seen people saying saying the DC streaming may fizzle slow if they don't improve the content but the top brass are loosening the grasp they had for movie characters not appearing in TV. Superman now Batman (even if it's just shadows)..new content will be added eventually. Also the house of mouse might do well cause it's playing the nostalgia card with Star Wars, clever. Netflix won't die it's on itself by now more of it's content rather than depending on outside source. Don't be surprised if the new Star wars hits there as Disney will be sorting out the Knicks on it's streaming site.
Besides Titans they are going to have James Wan's Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn. Krypton series which is on SyFy network will also be appearing on Dc Universe streaming soon. So, I don't see how DC Streaming service is going to fizzle out soon. I hope that they add all DCEU movies and CW shows like Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow too.

Syfy's Krypton Will Stream on DC Universe in 2019Syfy's Krypton Will Stream on DC Universe in 2019

maxresdefault.jpg

The way I saw it, DD was going through a personal crisis of faith. He not only turned away from God (for the time being anyhow), but he was willing to walk away from his life as Matt Murdock altogether. In his then-current frame of mind, it wouldn't have made much sense for him to continue espousing a "no kill code" with the same kind of reverence he'd shown in the past. But, as we eventually saw, with his faith in both God and himself restored, so too were his views on the preservation/sanctity of life. That's why he ultimately couldn't go through w/ killing Fisk in the season finale.
I hear you, though. Trying to maintain a code like that all the while practicing such violent methods does seem a tad paradoxical. Still, there's something compelling in the struggle to keep yourself from falling into the abyss when you're standing so very close to the edge. And for me, it isn't about coming short of that goal or even looking like a hypocrite in the process; it's about believing in something worthwhile and continuously trying your best to live up to it.

Fair enough. I haven't watched those cartoons, but I'll take your word for it.

I just hope the character continues to evolve so we get to see more of his personality come through. That way, he wouldn't come off like such a Batman doppelgänger.
...I haven't finished s3. Guess I should've mentioned, cuz' I was mainly referencing s2.:p

Besides Titans they are going to have James Wan's Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn. Krypton series which is on SyFy network will also be appearing on Dc Universe streaming soon. So, I don't see how DC Streaming service is going to fizzle out soon. I hope that they add all DCEU movies and CW shows like Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow too.

Syfy's Krypton Will Stream on DC Universe in 2019Syfy's Krypton Will Stream on DC Universe in 2019

maxresdefault.jpg

And all this looks good to me, me the already converted DC fan but I'm assuming they want their reach to be farther out than fanboys who will consume their content no matter what. They're gonna need a secret weapon, something that makes people go "whoa I'm signing up to watch THAT!"

And all this looks good to me, me the already converted DC fan but I'm assuming they want their reach to be farther out than fanboys who will consume their content no matter what. They're gonna need a secret weapon, something that makes people go "whoa I'm signing up to watch THAT!"
At this point, I am not sure what more DC can do to attract the general audience for their service. As it is, DC has limited popularity right now. A more adult themed series like Watchmen (Neil Gaiman's Sandman) might not be the best idea.

Edit: HBO thinks Watchmen series will get massive interest from general audiences, wish I could share their optimism.

Last edited:
That Ezra pic really does bring a whole new definition to ‘Knightmare Flash’

My man looks like the business end of a plunger.

Ezra Miller's red carpet look for The Crimed Crimes of Grindelwald.

There are only two crimes I see. The first is that outfit and the second one is the people who tole him he looked good in that outfit.

Maybe he’s hiding copies of the Snyder cut under all that winter jacket material

In other news, Marvel has announced Loki series for their streaming service (Disney+), it is getting more positive response than anything DC has announced (for their streaming service) so far.

Marvel's 'Loki' Television Series Officially Announced for Disney+

People love Tom Hiddleston's Loki so its natural that its going to get a more warm, welcome response. Just throwing it ou there, but if DC wants to show people that they aint playing games. Do a freaking BATMAN show. Not just any Batman, Batman starring Ben Affleck. Swallow your pride, sign Affleck, make him an exec producer/writer whatever, give him creative control of the show and have it be a HBO like gritty crime thriller. That'll get subscribers like crazy.

Last edited:
People love Tom Hiddleston's Loki so its natural that its going to get a more warm, welcome response. Just throwing it ou there, but if DC wants to show people that they aint playing games. Do a freaking BATMAN show. Not just any Batman, Batman starring Bem Affleck. Swallow your pride, sign Affleck, make him an exec producer/writer whatever, give him creative control of the show and have it be a HBO like gritty crime thriller. That'll get subscribers like crazy.
Take it a step further do a Superman series and Wonder Woman and Flash and Aquaman all set in the DCCU where there you have plenty of time to do build ups and then just make Justice League movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"