• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited for The Boys tv show, saw the trailer and looks amazing
I haven't read the comics, but I hope the show is as good as Garth Ennis normally writes, or possibly better.
I think Karl Urban is a member of the cast, right?

no idea I just watched the Injustice movie video youtube and found this online

a bit of argument with whether that's Billy or Shazam
To hear that Billy Batson is separate from Captain Marvel in the world of Injustice is interesting.

I haven't read the comics, but I hope the show is as good as Garth Ennis normally writes, or possibly better.

To hear that Billy Batson is separate from Captain Marvel in the world of Injustice is interesting.

Havent read that comic either, but the trailer came up in my tweeter feed and i loved it
And yes, Karl Urban is part of the cast, excited cuz he was good in Red & the Riddick trilogy :o

They were just debating whether that was Billy in his 20s when Superman grabbed his neck, or that was him in Shazam form, and the reason for him to try to say shazam! when he was in trouble (was it to turn into Shazam form, or to order a lightning etc)

Dxt9H_SVYAAOIlU.jpg

Is that supposed to be pre-cooked Freddy Krueger?

no idea I just watched the Injustice movie video youtube and found this online

a bit of argument with whether that's Billy or Shazam

Harley Quinn is the narrator (she had a thing for Capt. Marvel).

The comic starts 5 years before the first game. The comic shows that Billy is about 13-14 when Superman took over. So, he would probably be about 18-19 at the time of this panel (which happens in the game). Sure, it's possible that he was calling out to Shazam to turn into Capt. Marvel, but that's not how I read it at the time. I took it that he was trying to call down the lightning, but the other angle is interesting and I hadn't thought about that.

Edit: Watching the scene on youtube again, it would actually make sense that he was Billy dressed up in the hero costume. Even his voice sounded younger.

They were just debating whether that was Billy in his 20s when Superman grabbed his neck, or that was him in Shazam form, and the reason for him to try to say shazam! when he was in trouble (was it to turn into Shazam form, or to order a lightning etc)

Here Captain Marvel is summoning the lightning bolt that will fall on Superman, so that he can get free.

In modern comics, Captain Marvel can say the word shazam to summon the lightning bolt, he does not change into Billy Batson, if he has no intention to change.

In earlier comics, Billy transformed into Captain Marvel and vice-versa whenever he uttered the magic word, regardless of his intentions, but now he changes only if he wants to.

Edit: Watching the scene on youtube again, it would actually make sense that he was Billy dressed up in the hero costume. Even his voice sounded younger.

This is interesting, could be the case here, as it's odd that Superman was able to do that to Shazam, it must be Billy.

Wildlife

qmq3bfd.jpg

Paul Dano's first directed feature.

I'm kinda glad I did not watch this in theaters. All the cast is great, especially Mulligan. I think she deserves a nom, but also understand why this didn't get any awards play. This is a good movie, but not a very interesting one. If I had seen this in theaters would've probably said to wait till it hit netflix or redbox. The type of arthouse flick that gets good reviews but that no one goes out to watch. This is a good movie, but one of them good movies that you never want to see again, but are happy to check off your list.
7/10

Harley Quinn is the narrator (she had a thing for Capt. Marvel).

The comic starts 5 years before the first game. The comic shows that Billy is about 13-14 when Superman took over. So, he would probably be about 18-19 at the time of this panel (which happens in the game). Sure, it's possible that he was calling out to Shazam to turn into Capt. Marvel, but that's not how I read it at the time. I took it that he was trying to call down the lightning, but the other angle is interesting and I hadn't thought about that.

This is interesting, could be the case here, as it's odd that Superman was able to do that to Shazam, it must be Billy.

I re-watched the scene where Shazam used his power to disable Luthor, I think when he got offed he's in Shazam form I believe....last few seconds of the clip

compare to the death scene

Today I realized how much of a nonsense it is for people who complain the previous DCEU films are "too dark." other complaints, fine, but seriously, these cartoon and video games have some pretty sickening moments lol, the other one's Aquaman's baby.

The movies have nothing against the sicko writers of the comic books/cartoon mediums lol

Wonder Woman and Superman killing poor Billy/Shazam, smh
Psychos!! Pure evil, that's why we won't have MoS2 ever! Karma :o

Today I realized how much of a nonsense it is for people who complain the previous DCEU films are "too dark." other complaints, fine, but seriously, these cartoon and video games have some pretty sickening moments lol, the other one's Aquaman's baby.

The movies have nothing against the sicko writers of the comic books/cartoon mediums lol

That's why it was disappointing to hear Johns talking about how the movies should be more hopeful as if he isn't responsible for some of the darker stories in DC comics. Barry's mother was alive until Johns got the book. How many GL's died during his run? He wrote Blackest Night. He turned the heroic Superboy Prime and Earth-2 Superman into villains in Infinite Crisis and had Earth-2 Lois die. He killed off Jonathan Kent. That's just off the top of my head.

And this isn't even a criticism of these stories, just that he writes some dark or heavy stuff too.

He's also writing Doomsday Clock which, if you stopped it at this point in the story, would seem like it was solely a mess up, dark reality. Sound familiar?

That's why it was disappointing to hear Johns talking about how the movies should be more hopeful as if he isn't responsible for some of the darker stories in DC comics. Barry's mother was alive until Johns got the book. How many GL's died during his run? He wrote Blackest Night. He turned the heroic Superboy Prime and Earth-2 Superman into villains in Infinite Crisis and had Earth-2 Lois die. He killed off Jonathan Kent. That's just off the top of my head.

And this isn't even a criticism of these stories, just that he writes some dark or heavy stuff too.

He's also writing Doomsday Clock which, if you stopped it at this point in the story, would seem like it was solely a mess up, dark reality. Sound familiar?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"