Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats everyone's favorite CBM this year? For me Aquaman and Black Panther are duking it out. I think I'd give the edge to BP just because the story was tighter and MBJ's Killmonger was just an amazingly compelling villain. Plus it had a cool soundtrack. But AQ is very close behind, just a pure fun, thriling ride.

My ranking updated today with the muppet movie lol - 2018 ranked

My ranking updated today with the muppet movie lol - 2018 ranked

Nice list. I wanna watch Revenge but I remember reading some reviews from you guys of it on here and it put me off. Not because it was bad in any way but the subject matter seemed really intense and...hard to watch at moments. I love my violent revenge thrillers but some subject matter makes me really uncomfortable, if you know what i mean.

I kinda feel like I should give Black Panther another watch one of these days....but I kinda...don't want to...???

Everybody praises the **** out of it and I thought it was alright, like not MCU's best nor worst, and maybe rewatching it I could appreciate it more, I just can't find the motivation to do so...

I kinda feel like I should give Black Panther another watch one of these days....but I kinda...don't want to...???

Everybody praises the **** out of it and I thought it was alright, like not MCU's best nor worst, and maybe rewatching it I could appreciate it more, I just can't find the motivation to do so...
It's an awesome movie. Not Creed's level of great, but I love it.

But feelings during the experience cannot be helped or changed, so I guess it's simply nice to have a different opinion.

So whats everyone's favorite CBM this year? For me Aquaman and Black Panther are duking it out. I think I'd give the edge to BP just because the story was tighter and MBJ's Killmonger was just an amazingly compelling villain. Plus it had a cool soundtrack. But AQ is very close behind, just a pure fun, thriling ride.
I rank em like this

1. Infinity War
2. Aquaman
3. Deadpool 2
4. Into The Spider-Verse
5. Teen Titans Go To The Movies
6. Black Panther
7. Ant-Man and The Wasp

Overall a really good year and I enjoyed every movie on this list a lot, but if I had to rank them, this is it.

IW and Aquaman are pretty much 1A and 1B for me, it’s that close.

I need to see it again too. The more I keep hearing people lose their minds about it, the more I start to feel like it's so ridiculously overhyped. And that's not really fair to the movie, because maybe it's just me getting sick of hearing about it. But it does need a second viewing, since last time I saw it was in theaters.

BP stands out to me for being the first movie in MCU to have memorable score and awesome female characters that actually get the spotlight and it's not about some stupid love story or their lady parts problems or daddy issues

I need to see it again too. The more I keep hearing people lose their minds about it, the more I start to feel like it's so ridiculously overhyped. And that's not really fair to the movie, because maybe it's just me getting sick of hearing about it. But it does need a second viewing, since last time I saw it was in theaters.
Yeah man, I'm on the same boat; like, the excessive praise that some things get puts me off of them, I think particularly movies and music since my personal tastes rarely align with that of "mass appeal" and of course the ridiculously excessive praise every single MCU movie gets (like, honestly people!) creates this knee-jerk reaction of rejection in me....and I know it's wrong!! I don't wanna feel like that so I have to fight that reaction; a movie's a movie! I don't wanna think of franchises or brands or any of that because it's simply petty and childish and frankly stupid. I can't roll my eyes enough to people who celebrate all thing MCU as if they were their own personal victories and creations - looking at you Jeremy Conrad - I guess I don't have that "sports fan" gene in me, so I can't care about that.

That said, what I clearly remember disliking from the movie is likely not gonna change; the "weightlessness" of the CGI action, there's no weight or impact to it (specially Black Panther vs Killmonger and those damn rhinos) and that's something that really puts me off. Other than that, I know how important and relevant the movie is culturally and socially, and in that sense I'm so glad that the movie was such a hit, but I dunno...maybe at a certain point I'll revisit it and see if there is something there that really speaks to me as a movie (i.e: as a self-contained work of art).

BP stands out to me for being the first movie in MCU to have memorable score and awesome female characters that actually get the spotlight and it's not about some stupid love story or their lady parts problems or daddy issues
Oh, this! Yeah, how could I forget?! This is actually something to really appreciate, BP having multiple strong, interesting female characters and a hero who doesn't have the need to quip every other line.

Nice list. I wanna watch Revenge but I remember reading some reviews from you guys of it on here and it put me off. Not because it was bad in any way but the subject matter seemed really intense and...hard to watch at moments. I love my violent revenge thrillers but some subject matter makes me really uncomfortable, if you know what i mean.

You better watch it, bald man.

tenor.gif

tumblr_p9l80ulR301rrkahjo1_500.gif

But IW had MAN Pain!!!!!

Nah, seriously BP had awesome character treatments, save for BP himself whose character arc and motivations were just ok.

A quick recommendation when it comes to difficult subject matters:

The Hunt
In a perfect film world (Mads Mikkelsen) should've won an Oscar for his performance. The type of film that hollywood would never make, even if they do a remake as it was long rumored after, it won't hold up to this.

A quick recommendation when it comes to difficult subject matters:

The Hunt
In a perfect film world (Mads Mikkelsen) should've won an Oscar for his performance. The type of film that hollywood would never make, even if they do a remake as it was long rumored after, it won't hold up to this.

Such a great movie. Where is Mads now? I haven't see him in anything in a while, he was so hot cooking people in Hannibal

It's kinda crazy that the "lamest" superhero for the better part of the last 2 decades is gonna be the first DCEU film to possibly hit the big B. Some timeline.

2018 has been a good illustration of why how popular a character was in the comics is utterly irrelevant to a movie's success (and has been for a while). If you'd told someone 30 years ago that a Justice League movie, a Batman/Superman team-up or even the latest Spider-Man flicks would get crushed at the box office by movies starring Black Panther and Aquaman, they would've thought you were crazy.

2018 has been a good illustration of why how popular a character was in the comics is utterly irrelevant to a movie's success (and has been for a while). If you'd told someone 30 years ago that a Justice League movie, a Batman/Superman team-up or even the latest Spider-Man flicks would get crushed at the box office by movies starring Black Panther and Aquaman, they would've thought you were crazy.
If you would've told me a Venom on his own movie was making Spidey bank...holy sh** let me live in that golden age

Joker made Fandango's poll of the 10 most anticipated 2019 films.

Most anticipated movie

1. “Avengers: Endgame” (April 26)

2. “Captain Marvel” (March 8)

3. “Star Wars: Episode IX” (Dec. 20)

4. “Spider-Man: Far From Home” (July 5)

5. “Toy Story 4” (June 21)

6. “Glass” (Jan. 18)

7. “The Lion King” (July 19)

8. “Aladdin” (May 24)

9. “Dumbo” (March 29)

10. “Joker” (Oct. 4)

Most anticipated new standalone comic book movie

1. “Captain Marvel”

2. “Joker”

3. “Dark Phoenix”

4. “Shazam!”

5. “Hellboy”

If you would've told me a Venom on his own movie was making Spidey bank...holy sh** let me live in that golden age

Venom also more than doubled the bank of a SW movie. Let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"