Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are absolutely gorgeous :hrt:
View attachment 39700
View attachment 39701 View attachment 39702 View attachment 39703 View attachment 39704

Absolutely. Sinister is a master planner and he's likely been involved in various events throughout the MCU's history

The Hydra thing could work really well. Especially if they tie the X-Gene to the Infinity stones. The groundwork is already there with the whole "Age of miracles" thing Strucker had going on in TWS/AOU. Who knows how long they've been doing these experiments, searching for "special people". It's definitely something Sinister would be involved in

Great art for Cyclops, Angel, & Marvel Girl -- not sold yet on a non-blue/furry Beast yet. But the artwork itself is great.

I have less than zero interest in Jackman coming back. The only people I'd be interested in returning would be Lana Condor and Tye Sheridan, but it wouldn't make sense to bring back just a couple, so they've all gotta go.

I still lean towards Hugh Jackman coming back to play MCU Wolverine. Maybe Wolverine and mutants don’t exist in the MCU but they immigrate to the MCU earth traveling through the multiverse in Doctor Strange 2. How does anyone here feel about this idea?
Man, we all loved's Jackman's portrayal of the character and he played Wolverine for 17 years (18 technically)... But Hugh is in his 50s and his time has passed. It's just not logistically practical

I'm personally not a fan of the Multiverse theory. Not a fan of the X-Men being extraterrestrials

Man, we all loved's Jackman's portrayal of the character and he played Wolverine for 17 years (18 technically)... But Hugh is in his 50s and his time has passed. It's just not logistically practical

I'm personally not a fan of the Multiverse theory. Not a fan of the X-Men being extraterrestrials

29421F6D-9CE8-4644-9708-CBB4C43EA503.gif

I have less than zero interest in Jackman coming back. The only people I'd be interested in returning would be Lana Condor and Tye Sheridan, but it wouldn't make sense to bring back just a couple, so they've all gotta go.
Personally, I thought Tye Sheridan wasn't a great choice. :O At the time, I was hoping Singer would go with Dylan O'Brien or Ansel Elgort

But Sheridan is just... Too weak. I get that it's supposed to be young and maybe that could be the point of an arc... But he has no arc in the movie. None of the X-Men do.

It also doesn't help that Sheridan has zero chemistry with Sophie Turner. I didn't buy that relationship at all.

I definitely did :( I think it's fair to say that Jackman defined Wolverine for a whole generation. 2 decades he carried him, and he had a master class sendoff with Logan

A cameo is one thing but him reprising his role as the main Wolverine is something else entirely

So I take it you're not looking forward to Multiverse of Madness?

Sinister could have his hands in a lot of different cookie jars and the Hellfire Club is a natural fit for him

Characterization wise? I want him to be terrifying. Pure nightmare fuel. When a character wakes up in his lab, there should be a sense of dread that washes over the audience. He takes perverse joy in what is about to happen next

Casting wise, I think Cillian Murphy would be a good choice
View attachment 39722

The great thing about the MCU is that there are multiple storytelling avenues. World building can be done in various films and TV shows. Even in between XM films, the universe is getting fleshed out

And I definitely agree that the X-Men will eventually become the center of the MCU... Not unlike how the Avengers dominated Phase 1-3.

cillian Murphy would be a fun Sinister. I think Velvet Goldmine era Ewan McGregor would be a fun Sinister too

I still lean towards Hugh Jackman coming back to play MCU Wolverine. Maybe Wolverine and mutants don’t exist in the MCU but they immigrate to the MCU earth traveling through the multiverse in Doctor Strange 2. How does anyone here feel about this idea?

If it was the Fox mostly the OT cast with Maguire, Garfield, Holland, and maybe Chiklis's Thing for an one off team up in Strange multiverse movie then I would love it.

Like it could be a love letter to the pre MCU movies, honoring the past pre MCU movies, giving the Fox X-Men a much better send off before the MCU X-Men era, giving fans a team-up they thought would always be a what if, and by having Holland in it fans gets to see him with the X-Men before Sony takes him back.

Also with the rumors of Cruise, Blunt, and Krasinski, why not have them as secret evil Avengers?

You know similar to Highlander&Co from the Boys, and after Strange founds out they have gone to the evil side, he has to gather a team to defeat them, and so he opens the portals out comes OT Fox's X-Men, the three Spidey's, and Chiklis's Thing.

Now besides all that no I wouldn't like it if the MCU X-Men is not from the MCU. Anyway sorry for the rambling there. :)

cillian Murphy would be a fun Sinister. I think Velvet Goldmine era Ewan McGregor would be a fun Sinister too

McGregor wasn't in Velvet Goldmine, Christian Bale was.
It's none of them in the pic though, it's Jonathan Rhys-Meyers

I don't like the idea that those versions of the characters travel through the multiverse to get the MCU, but I had floated the idea a few pages back now that the Fox actors (or just the good ones) could return to reprise their roles in MCU-version of the same characters. (retconning that the Fox Universe was just another of the infinite alternate realities of the multiverse--but the characters/actors themselves look the same across the realities). But the idea wasn't too well-received.
I replied to your suggestion and told how great it was. I also wanted to discuss it further with you :)

So I take it you're not looking forward to Multiverse of Madness?
Oh, i am. Just not a fan of the X-Men/mutants not existing in the MCU proper... Y'know the one we've followed for the past 12 years.

If it was the Fox mostly the OT cast with Maguire, Garfield, Holland, and maybe Chiklis's Thing for an one off team up in Strange multiverse movie then I would love it.

Like it could be a love letter to the pre MCU movies, honoring the past pre MCU movies, giving the Fox X-Men a much better send off before the MCU X-Men era, giving fans a team-up they thought would always be a what if, and by having Holland in it fans gets to see him with the X-Men before Sony takes him back.

Also with the rumors of Cruise, Blunt, and Krasinski, why not have them as secret evil Avengers?

You know similar to Highlander&Co from the Boys, and after Strange founds out they have gone to the evil side, he has to gather a team to defeat them, and so he opens the portals out comes OT Fox's X-Men, the three Spidey's, and Chiklis's Thing.

Now besides all that no I wouldn't like it if the MCU X-Men is not from the MCU. Anyway sorry for the rambling there. :)
Definitive no to the PT cast but I'd love to see the OT cast return in a role like that.

I'd love to see James, Halle, Famke, Shawn and Anna Paquin (the O5) appear in the movie.

Loan Griffin and Michael Chilkis would be fun too

I'd love to see James, Halle, Famke, Shawn and Anna Paquin (the O5) appear in the movie.
THIS!!

Don't forget Rebecca Romijn, Ellen Page and Kelsey Grammer!

Edit. Heck, even Daniel Cudmore, Aaron Stanford, Alan Cumming, Ben Foster and Cameron Bright would be a welcome return.
In other words, bring back them all! :wowe:

As much as I loved that cast and those actors, how are you getting "O5" from that? lol From a narrative standpoint, Iceman and Rogue only became X-men at the end of X2.

Honestly, I feel like Deadpool could wait longer. I'd rather see FF and X-Men first.
Same. But I understand why DP is coming first due to the franchise being the only Fox Marvel IP franchise that was good shape before the buyout. X-Men, and especially Fantastic Four can wait.

I honestly just want a fresh take of the X-Men. With so much going on in our country at the moment their is a lot a writer(s) and director can pull from from Trump (who gives me Gyrich vibes) the Neo Nazi movement/Proud Boys (FOH), COVID-19 (legacy virus) BLM movement (pro mutant people) and not to mention when Biden takes office we still are going to feel the effects from Trump’s presidency so I’d rather see all this in a trilogy of films before we start going to outer space, starjammers, Shi’ar, Apocalypse, etc... Marvel needs to lay the ground work/foundation of the team before they start mix and mingle with other established characters already a part of the larger cinematic universe.

McGregor wasn't in Velvet Goldmine, Christian Bale was.
It's none of them in the pic though, it's Jonathan Rhys-Meyers

tHu9pcv.gif

Same. But I understand why DP is coming first due to the franchise being the only Fox Marvel IP franchise that was good shape before the buyout. X-Men, and especially Fantastic Four can wait.

I wouldn't mind Reynolds returning. But keep making movies from the FOX era does bother me. I was hoping NM would be the last.

This franchise involve different X-Men characters. Cable and Domino will probably be back. Colossus will probably be back. The X-Force and new X-Men characters will probably be back. I just don't want any more movies from the FOX era anymore, but...

It's a spot the FF or the X-Men could be getting.

This is deadpool 3 but we truly don't know the context on how it'll go down. They could easily be setting it in the mcu and drop the other xmen involved.

I would rather Deadpool 3 have all supporting characters like Cable, Domino, Warhead etc return. No soft reboot or forced multiverse nonsense please... Maybe I am asking for too much to keep it as a stand alone?

Sinister would make a great fit to the Hellfire Club, I'm surprised that none of the adaptations have given it a try.

*ponders*

Huh, I've never really given it consideration before, but yeah. Mr Sinister would work very well as a secret founder/power behind the scenes type for the Hellfire Club, as their agenda and practice is not too dissimilar from his. It could also suggest an added angle for Sinister: while he is a mutant and involves himself in mutant affairs, he's ultimately doesn't really care all that much about Homo Superior as some kind of ideological symbol. Power is power, ends are ends, and from his perspective, mutation is something to be used and controlled for ( his ) benefit. Hence the various Hellfire Club members and affiliates with cybernetics, or the creation of the Sentinels: Sinister doesn't find the idea of granting non-mutant powers, or using science as weapons against mutants, to be some blasphemy.

Or, to borrow an analogy from Bioshock: he's the mutant who is so certain of his own mutant supremacy that he doesn't actually care about mutants anymore. Thus making him ( and to a lesser extent, the Hellfire Club in general ) a "dark mirror" to pretty much every other faction in the setting, from the X-Men to Magneto to the Anti-Mutant Faction of the Week.

The great thing about Deadpool is that if you do put him through a soft reboot he will be aware of it and comment. If Marvel has plans for Piotr in X-Men proper you can swap in Strong Guy or another muscular mutant and let Wade vent about the change.

I'd keep the rest of the cast and continuity - Why fix what ain't broke? - and cross him over with the rest of the MCU. I'd like Deadpool's introduction to be along the lines of his role in Doomwar. T'Challa believes he has become too predictable, so he hires the ultimate wild card to infiltrate Doomstadt.

Definitive no to the PT cast but I'd love to see the OT cast return in a role like that.

Loan Griffin and Michael Chilkis would be fun too

Same, though I wouldn't mind seeing Peters Quicksilver. He was the best thing to come out of the PT trilogy.

Same here.

Yep.

You know I know this is probably unpopular opinion but since the Fox movies played heavily with the humans fearing Mutants, the realistic grounded approach, etc. etc.

What if Feige has the MCU X-Men be more similar to Homecoming/Far From Home for the first two movies?

Again I know fans wouldn't like it if the humans fearing Mutants is pushed back, and the X-Men just focus on fun adventures saving the world but considering it was a success for Spidey who's to say he wouldn't do the same to the X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"