Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Feige really doesn't like actors spilling the beans about talks, so, I got to think he got the okay from Feige and Co to reveal that he's talked about taking the role.

He's certainly been on the fan radar for a bit .
I've only ever seen him in the first Kingsman, but if Feige inc decides to go with him, I'll give him a chance.

actor-taron-egerton-186142_large.jpg

D_wS2R8UYAIxM-B.jpg:large

I'm not even sure which ship this is supposed to be?
Most commonly associated with those identities are the Braddock twins Betsy and Brian, but I think an incestuous ship may be a tad controversial...
It's probably not Betsy shipped with herself either.
So one of the Braddock siblings with Kwannon then?

betsy x kwannon

My wildly unpopular take is that it’s a good thing that Marvel isn’t rushing to mutants, and is giving spotlight to more lesser known properties. At the end of day, we know the X-Men are coming and I think the Children Of Atom need a pretty lengthy hiatus.

He looks nothing like Wolverine, in my book. but I'll wait for official casting news when the time comes to judge Feige decisions.
Taron is on the pretty boy side to me, and I get that Disney loves their pretty boys for their big franchises, but hopefully Feige is more open minded than that and tries to find someone closer to source material. If not, it will be a big dissapointment to me.
We'll see, tho

He looks nothing like Wolverine, in my book. but I'll wait for official casting news when the time comes to judge Feige decisions.
Taron is on the pretty boy side to me, and I get that Disney loves their pretty boys for their big franchises, but hopefully Feige is more open minded than that and tries to find someone closer to source material. If not, it will be a big dissapointment to me.
We'll see, tho

I personally don't have a fixed image in my mind of what a film Wolverine should look like this time around.

I can tell you that back in 98 or 99, Hugh Jackman, the song and dance man, didn't fit my image of what I felt a Wolverine actor should look like.
5cd0c65385b58e73982480d027889f84.jpg

As far as Taron goes, I never consider him a pretty boy .
He had boyish looks much like Tom Holland, but the guy has aged .
He's 32 now.
This is a recent image of him from an upcoming film.
black-bird-trailer-main.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

That ain't a pretty boy imo.
I'm guessing that's the look of the guy Feige is thinking of when he's approaching him for Wolverine.

But we'll see in terms of casting since I doubt he's the only actor Feige has talked to.

If he gets the role, I'll reserve judgement and give him a chance to prove himself.

Also, you know, make up artists exist for a reason.
well, it all depends on whats our prefference. I preffer an actor that doesnt need a lot of make up/prospetics and already has the look/vibe, instead of someone that has to be completely transformed with artificial stuff.
I preffer a realistic take, basically.

Wolverine is not Beast or Nightcrawler. It's mostly just getting the hair and beard right. The rest is acting.

Look at Jackman.

Jackman was a 6'3” song & dance man from Australia with a background in music theatre. And the rest is history.

I'm definitely willing to keep an open mind where casting is concerned. Wolverine is (arguably) the most important casting choice Marvel needs to make regarding X-Men, at least from a public recognition and commercial viewpoint. Feige wouldn't be meeting with actors like Taron unless he has a vision for the character, and I'm curious to see what it is...

I just find it weird that he is talking about it. To me, that might suggest that he isn't playing Wolverine. But who knows?

Now that Captain America is Old and Ironman is dead i think the main protagonist of the MCU will be the X-Men/Mutants Hulk and Thor dont have relevance imo Spiderman is so young to be the main leader Daredevil is a street level hero Doctor Strange is better as a secondary character the Fantastic Four will be introduced yet but they dont have the charisma of the X-Men

Seem to be missing a fairly prominent Avenger whose premiere movie cracked a billion.

Someone posted this somewhere.......

rjNXNUP.jpg

Which I dunno...kind of made me think of this.....

AZLQWqm.jpg

Last edited:
Hey you know how wolverine is Canadian? You know where MCU’s Wolverine should live?

Taronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"