Justice League Nothing is Perfect - What you didn’t like about the Snyder Cut

Not gonna lie I thought the first half was dragging and all the Amazonians stuff just bored me.

Not only the Greek humming annoyed me but also I was not interested I hearing Snyders Look-How-Interesting-My-Music-Choices-Are, obscure Spotify list to pop up all the time throughout the movie.

The second half of the movie saved this cut.

Oh yeah since ya’ll mentioned music... some of the song choices just felt so off in this movie. I gave Snyder a pass on some of his odd musical tastes in Watchmen because I personally felt some of them worked well there (like using “The Times They Are A-Changing” in the intro). But here... I don’t know what he was going for and just made so many scenes that were fine on their own feel really pretentious.

And seriously, what the hell was that scene with the Icelandic women singing. I guess I’m just not “grown-up” enough to comprehend the utter BRILLIANCE of that moment.

Quite frankly DR, the fact that you cannot digest and comprehend the brilliance of that scene requires me to put you on ignore... :o

Can someone explain that scene and song to me please :halo:

Two things that stuck out the most were the very odd musical choices and not enough Superman. Everything else I really enjoyed.

I really wish Hans Zimmer would have come back for ZSJL.

Quite frankly DR, the fact that you cannot digest and comprehend the brilliance of that scene requires me to put you on ignore... :o

Can someone explain that scene and song to me please :halo:

These are mythic beings, like mythology walked right back into our lives. Arthur is like Poseidon to them, or whatever ocean god they believe in.

I think the haunting nature of the song was meant to create a sense of foreboding or impending doom. For the people, it could literally be that they’re praying to be protected. The main girl almost looks dead inside, as if if she’s hoping for salvation but not expecting it. And for the audience and Bruce, it also seems to emphasise that Bruce’s efforts were in vain (with Bruce awkwardly walking back through the crowd as if he’s being driven away, as if to say he shouldn’t have come in the first place), and that with Superman gone, the world is done for, with the song transitioning into the scene at Clark’s grave.

Last edited:
These are mythic beings, like mythology walked right back into our lives. Arthur is like Poseidon to them, or whatever ocean god they believe in.
Thought as much and appreciate the reply... Scene still didn't work for me at all.
The film for the most part did though, so all good :D

Thought as much and appreciate the reply... Scene still didn't work for me at all.
The film for the most part did though, so all good :D

It didn’t work for me either. It was cheesy as hell IMO, like most of the songs in the film lol

But on rewatch the songs did kinda grow on me and I felt gave the film some character.

Yeah the overall film was plenty good and fun enough for me to forgive and even laugh...

I can compare it to my Dad... As he's grown older his fart control has..... not improved.. But he's such an awesome Dad and person, we all just laugh with now (from a distance :D)

I would've used the Steppenwolf initial consult art I linked to in the Steppenwolf thread just hours ago.

I also mentioned in the Cavill thread on Superman how I would end the story with the son at the end of Justice League 3 differently.

Victors mom being called to the Principal's office for Victor changing someones grades and his mother going "well what have you done to make sure she gets good grade) was just a bad scene Of all the things they could've had him do...they did a weak example that appears to try to set up him being good with computers

Oh yeah. Snyder using a giant metal bull fighting a giant metal bear to explain the world’s financial markets.

JUST IMAGINE if “Wall Street” had that kind of awesomesauce instead of Michael Douglas just talking a lot. :o

• The utterly pointless singing in that village as Arthur was departing; I preferred the Whedon version where he sonic-boomed away.
  • The extensive and unnecessary build-up to the bank job.
  • Barry playing with the Dogs. Just didn't fit into the theme at that time. Totally unnecessary.
  • Martian Manhunter masquerading as Martha. His cameo at the end was ample, though he could've somehow been involved a little earlier.
  • Many of the soundtrack choices.

As always we probably needed 1 movie where the Trinity actually got to interact with each other more than 5mins and were friends. Diana and Bruce act like Clark was their best friend, they were close as hell. Diana calling him Kal-El, while very popular in the comics, just didnt come across the same (in either version).

3c7af27f-3273-4052-ac16-23b530b739dd-jpeg.44157

:o

Darkseid doesn't seem like a threat after he was defeated in the flashback, the fight was very easy for the old gods. We saw Ares deal the final blow, but we know Wonder Woman beat Ares. So Wonder Woman, Superman, The Flash, and Aquaman would easily beat Darkseid. I think this is probably why Superman is being setup as the villain, Darkseid isn't that much of a threat in this version.
Didn't like Steppenwolf's armor, cyborgs or the flashes, these are bad designs. Sometimes you just gotta keep it simple.
Lois scenes slowed the movie down.
I would have much rather seen Martian Manhunter in this than cyborg, but I get that cyborg is tied to the motherboxes, so he has to be in it. Would have made alot of sense for the Martian Manhunter to be the one to fix Superman's mind or help him put the pieces back together, or something. You have this powerful telepath and a guy with memory issues, but decide to never use him at all.
The movie itself was better, but after spending this much time and making it four hours is it really a surprise? I mean, I would hope it was an improvement over the Theatrical version which is a mashup of different directors on a time crunch.
To leave on a positive I did like the improvement to The Flash, his lightning explosions were toned down and we saw some good uses of his powers.

That was Baby Darkseid.

He didn't even wear chest armor back then. Don't think he had the Omega force, either.

As always we probably needed 1 movie where the Trinity actually got to interact with each other more than 5mins and were friends. Diana and Bruce act like Clark was their best friend, they were close as hell. Diana calling him Kal-El, while very popular in the comics, just didnt come across the same (in either version).

How does she even know his name is Kal-El? Superman's first reaction to seeing her is literally, "Is she with you?"

tenor.gif

In Return of Superman, he wore the black suit for a reason. It was a recovery suit after the fight with Doomsday. And it was a temporary measure until he fully regained his super-powers which were depleted at the time.

• The utterly pointless singing in that village as Arthur was departing; I preferred the Whedon version where he sonic-boomed away.
  • The extensive and unnecessary build-up to the bank job.
  • Barry playing with the Dogs. Just didn't fit into the theme at that time. Totally unnecessary.
  • Martian Manhunter masquerading as Martha. His cameo at the end was ample, though he could've somehow been involved a little earlier.
  • Many of the soundtrack choices.
The singing just went on too long, although the transition was fine when it came.

- the general self-indulgence and scenes dragged out needlessly

- almost unintentionally comical overuse of slow-mo and "ancient lamantations" wailing that you could make a drinking game out of

- still don't like Ezra Miller as Barry

- uneven CGI, some of which looks like an outdated video game. just blobs of CGI talking to each other in interchangeable generic deep evil voices.

- the pointless shoehorned Knightmare sequence

- still don't like Letoker and he didn't need to be here

- Snyder blatantly not getting Superman

- Snyder ending on cliffhangers when he knew perfectly well going into this that he wasn't getting sequels

When Clark was walking in the Kryptonian ship's closet and looking at all the suits, I really thought there was going to be a computerized voice (the ship's A.I.) to explain the solar-absorbing powers of the suit. Which would then prompt Superman to take flight in the very next scene and have his Jesus moment in the sun.

It could have given a little more context for why Superman was able to take an axe to the shoulder and not even flinch. Even in MOS and BVS, Superman would still get knocked down...

I wish they'd have found a way to work the whole "Kryptonian near death experience" into the story, just flesh out the Kryptonian heritage a bit more.

But then they would have to cut that seven minutes of screaming at the beginning.

- Uxas getting creamed by the Amazonians.
- Wonder Woman killing the bad guys in front of the civilians.
- Aquaman brooding for like, two minutes.
- The Flash Snyder slow-mo up to 11. Why can't he just save Iris without being creepy?
- Cyborg's dad getting murdered-sure it amplifies the stakes, but it feels very "fridge"ey.
- Junkie XL tried to recreate the Christopher Drake Wonder Woman theme-unsuccessfully.

- A 30 minute epilogue that sets up sequels that may not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"