Justice League Nothing is Perfect - What you didn’t like about the Snyder Cut

*The Voiceovers for Darkseid, Desaad, and Steppenwolf were good but maybe could've been altered a bit moreso to resemble alien like noises afterall how do they know English? That's just a very small nitpick. LOL
How do any sentient alien species in any movie know English? :funny:

How do any sentient alien species in any movie know English? :funny:

So true.

To provide narration to the audience watching there's no way around it.

The Kryptonians spoke English as well but moreso human looking so people didn't bat an eye. Supposedly, Zach created an entire Krypton alphabet not seen in MOS so maybe we can just assume Granny Goodness taught the old gods this alphabet with the movie just translating it to the language of whichever is that of the audience member.:cwink:

So true.

To provide narration to the audience watching there's no way around it.

The Kryptonians spoke English as well but moreso human looking so people didn't bat an eye. Supposedly, Zach created an entire Krypton alphabet not seen in MOS so maybe we can just assume Granny Goodness taught the old gods this alphabet with the movie just translating it to the language of whichever is that of the audience member.:cwink:

there was a few moments where desaad spoke an alien language -- when he was calling upon darkseid.
during his zoom meeting with steppenwolf.

it was like the dood was invoking the devil.

Diane Lane's agelessness.

She probably has to color her hair grey for roles.

Last edited:
How would bringing Lois calm Superman if he sees she's pregnant with Bruce Wayne's baby? Bruce Wayne even slept with Clark's mother.

hollywoodland-176994-1280x0.jpg

I was reminded of this scene exactly when I re-watched BvS and Batman jumped on top of Martha Kent in that warehouse flamethrower scene. I feel like Ben Affleck + Diane Lane needs to happen in another movie so it becomes a recurring gag. ;)

For me there were only a few things that I didn't like:

1. Leto Joker. Still did not like his performance. Still hoping for a proper Joker in the DCEU, hopefully with Reeves/Pattinson.

2. Some odd music choices that really stuck out, as others have already said.

3. It ended. And that we likely won't get another DC movie from Snyder.

Last edited:
Letoker still can’t crack it.

Superman’s dumb pointless black suit

Entire pointless scene of Superman attacking the JL

Entire dumb aspect where Superman literally has less dialogue than King Shark does in the Suicide Squad 2 trailer

Flash’s strange silly “running.” Please for the love all that is holy do NOT run like an idiot for your solo outing

Entire Lois Martian Manhunter scene.

Ladies singing for 9 years as Aquaman leaves

The ever do stupid Aaaaahhhhh aaahhoooooooooo singing during any WW scene or Amazonian scene

WW blowing up Roose Bolton and unnecessarily endangering police

Besides those parts, this film was quite enjoyable and better than Whedon’s version. That said I am perfectly happy with with leaving this dead as I do not want to see this **** idea of Superman turning evil play out. That idea is crap, period.

Its kind of funny, in both versions that is, that Clark Kent "died" in BvS, but he hangs out relaxed in Smallville in the end of the film. I presume there was no idea to continue the "secret identity" thing at all?

Black suit under the shirt rip.

Its kind of funny, in both versions that is, that Clark Kent "died" in BvS, but he hangs out relaxed in Smallville in the end of the film. I presume there was no idea to continue the "secret identity" thing at all?

Well, he’s wearing his Clark Kent glasses and suit at the end of both versions but neither one tried to explain how he came back. Honestly, having Clark also be confirmed dead in BvS was a dumb decision because it creates problems for what to do once he comes back (it also raises questions about what happened when the mortician tried to embalm him lol).

This was handled much better in the comics; Clark was missing and presumed dead (people believe he was killed in the Doomsday attack) and then after Superman returned, they had Matrix/Supergirl (who was a shapeshifter) pose as Superman and pull him out of some wreckage.

I wish we could've gotten some sort of dialogue with Supes and the team. I know they were in the middle of a fight, but even some small exchanges would've been nice between him and Flash or Wonder Woman.

I wish we could've gotten some sort of dialogue with Supes and the team. I know they were in the middle of a fight, but even some small exchanges would've been nice between him and Flash or Wonder Woman.

Agreed. Would that have been SO hard to write? Some of the few moments where Ezra DIDN’T annoy me in the theatrical cut were in his interactions with Cavill.

The more i think about it, the creepier the girl smelling Aquamans sweater is.
While both scenes suck, flash falling on wonder womans boobs feels less creepy than that.

The girl literally walked up, grabbed the sweater and smelled it...that is super creepy.
It is such a weird scene.

The more i think about it, the creepier the girl smelling Aquamans sweater is.
While both scenes suck, flash falling on wonder womans boobs feels less creepy than that.

The girl literally walked up, grabbed the sweater and smelled it...that is super creepy.
It is such a weird scene.

It was meant to establish Aquaman as part of a mythic not quite normal human Atlantean race.

This was a small rural coastal village; the populace is poor and lives off the sea and land mostly. The government presumably is minimally involved here. It is moreso old world which is why Aquaman helps them. He is a fisher of men.

or maybe its just poor people looking at a man as A literal "God Figure" who can bring them all the Food with his power,and saving them from the famine & desperation & bring them Hope. ? and maybe just maybe that Song ,she is Singing reference that Stuff ?
is that So difficult to understand such a basic Scene , without tryin to tell us,its just a thirsty woman who want some aquaman Love ?

Whoa, sometimes i feel like every filmmakers should just explain every scene & what's they mean, to some people, its embarrassing sometimes.

or maybe its just poor people looking at a man as A literal "God Figure" who can bring them all the Food with his power,and saving them from the famine & desperation & bring them Hope. ? and maybe just maybe that Song ,she is Singing reference that Stuff ?
is that So difficult to understand such a basic Scene , without tryin to tell us,its just a thirsty woman who want some aquaman Love ?

Whoa, sometimes i feel like every filmmakers should just explain every scene & what's they mean, to some people, its embarrassing sometimes.

Or maybe, and just maybe the scene was shot rather questionably...which is my problem, the way it was done and not the content.

But hey, being a prick is sometimes more important than maybe finding out why exactly someone has a problem with something.
Really embarrassing sometimes when people rather look for "Haha, gotcha, let me insult you above everything" than a proper discussion.

the way its was done ? how its was suppose to be done exactly ? tell me.
and when did i just insulted you again ? find me the exact word that was a insult, & the irony of all this , u just called me "Prick" , u acting all sensitive for no reason.

Superman's lack of screen time and presence. Even though the Whedon cut is an embarrassment, they did make up for Superman having a larger role and having some kind of exchanging with the characters. He didn't even talk to Batman, Cyborg, or Flash. The one line he said in the entire battle was "Not impressed."

The impact of Superman's death didn't feel as strong as it did in the theatrical version. He was mentioned every few moments, but just rarely. Felt like Superman had even less screen time than he did in the theatrical version.

Superman's lack of screen time and presence. Even though the Whedon cut is an embarrassment, they did make up for Superman having a larger role and having some kind of exchanging with the characters. He didn't even talk to Batman, Cyborg, or Flash. The one line he said in the entire battle was "Not impressed."

The impact of Superman's death didn't feel as strong as it did in the theatrical version. He was mentioned every few moments, but just rarely. Felt like Superman had even less screen time than he did in the theatrical version.

Superman didn't even know Flash, Cyborg or Aquaman at all and still didn't know them at the end of the battle. When they all stood on that rooftop at the end, he should've asked Batman "are they with you?" to which Batman could still reply "I thought they were with you."

Then Wonder Woman could shrug her shoulders and look at them both and say "no, I don't know them either."

Then Flash could say "don't mind us, we're just tagging along" and Aquaman could say "we're only here for the beer."

Being in a mysterious black suit, being completely laconic and thrashing Steppenwolf all by himself made this Superman even less of a team player and more like someone who'd say "I work alone!"

Yes, that’s the explanation. It’s not a horribly laughable WTF scene. Audiences are just too stupid. Thank you for mansplaining it to all of us.

1. Wonder Woman Killing Final Terrorist - Everything was epic, everything was fine.. until she levelled the side of a building to take out the last terrorist when she had already proven she was more than fast enough to have subdued him before he reloaded. I've no problem with heroes with 'no killing' rules actually killing, however it completely needs to be handled well... like Superman killing Zod in MoS I thought that was done well. This however felt like complete & utter overkill as she blew the side of the building off.. actually sitting here thinking about the scene, it's probably 1 of the few Whedon actually made a good decision by cutting a piece of it off.

2. Singing People At the Village - Felt like it lasted about 10 minutes & I didn't really grasp what Snyder was trying to convey with a lot of the village scene & the people's reaction(s) to Arthur, do they see him as a God like figure? or a savior?

3. History Lesson - I get that to serve the story, Darkseid must have been defeated & sent packing.. I also get that he's younger, weaker & lacking Omega beams from the looks of it, however even still I think he's defeated too easily, certainly too easily to then fit the narrative that he's a being they all fear so much.

4. Martian Manhunter - Felt shoehorned into the film unnecessarily.. which is Snyder's M.O., even worse than how Spider-Man was shoehorned into Civil War IMO. Completely killed the Martha & Lois scene because it turned out he was impersonating Martha in what was quite a heart-warming scene between the pair. Scene with Bruce, while I'll give him (Snyder), was cool & pleasing to see as a fan, it was ultimately pointless.. it also raises the question as to why is this the first time he's seen in his 3 films. He's seen Earth nearly be destroyed by Zod, Doomsday & then Steppenwolf, but only shows up now. Makes little sense, was clearly a rushed or at the very least poorly thought out inclusion IMO.

5. Black Superman suit - It was never established why he was actually wearing a black suit, he just wears it for reasons unknown. If I recall correctly don't they claim that the motherbox essentially supercharged him which would have better explained why the axe hitting him did literally nothing. Even ignoring all this, there's then no reason for him to still be wearing black for the climatic shirt rip.

I already somewhat know the reason why, because while him wearing a black suit was initially the plan, it was vetoed by WB before filming started & then adding a black suit for the Snyder cut was an afterthought perhaps to mainly help differentiate the 2 cuts.

6. Not Enough Superman - The movie is quite Superman centric without ever really having much of him physically in the film much like it was in the Josstice League. Superman is essentially in both cuts, relegated to the Hulk's role from the MCU in that he's essentially the big boy that shows up to whip someone's ass & I don't really like that.. at all. That being said, the scenes Superman did have in Snyder's cut were infinitely better than Whedon's & I still don't really understand why they reshot so many of his scenes as it didn't improve or accomplish anything over what Snyder had evidentially initially done.

7. Darkseid not killing Desadd - As some of you have already mentioned, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought Darkseid should have smoked Desadd for questioning him.

8. Knightmare Dream(s) - I mean I am intrigued by the Knightmare timeline, while at the same time wondering what the point of it's inclusion in this or BvS was. Was this supposed to set something up for a JL sequel? or something to do with the Flashpoint movie?

That's all I can really think off from the top of my head, but yeah, while I believe the Snyder cut of Justice League is now actually a good film & was infinitely better than the theatrical Josstice League, it was far from at least my own version of 'perfection'.

"Not impressed" just about sums up my thoughts on Henry Cavill's run as Superman. He could've been much better but every time failed to impress.

I dont think i can get passed the “Song of the Siren” song choice for the Barry/Iris scene. It just...doesnt fit. I like the other song choices in the movie but tuis one jarringly just doesnt fit the scene. That scene should’ve just had Junkie XL score over it.

That Superman was relegated to being a monosyllabic mannequin who shares no dialogue with any of the League and doesn't really seem to care about anyone outside of Lois and his mother.

The Knightmare scene was unnecessary and Batman saying the F word was cringeworthy.

That Superman was relegated to being a monosyllabic mannequin who shares no dialogue with any of the League and doesn't really seem to care about anyone outside of Lois and his mother.
Hater. :cwink: He had just come to. Lois re-connected his memory bank and he had an emotional moment with those close to him. He's also been established in MOS and was going to get a follow-up but BvS happened and now JL and there was a lot of ground to cover exposition wise.

I loved his musical cue only 2nd to Flash here and Cavill carries the pomp and majesty associated with Superman well along with being down to earth Clark out in the field re-grounding himself in reality.

The Knightmare scene was unnecessary and Batman saying the F word was cringeworthy.

Not as cringeworthy as Bruce having sex with Batgirl cowgirl style on the cartoon show. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"