Justice League Nothing is Perfect - What you didn’t like about the Snyder Cut

*The Voiceovers for Darkseid, Desaad, and Steppenwolf were good but maybe could've been altered a bit moreso to resemble alien like noises afterall how do they know English? That's just a very small nitpick. LOL

*The earlier nitpicks I mentioned above are a bit less for me now and probably even moerso less with the black and white edition. Overall, the Steppenwolf and Desaad earlier concept art would've been nice to see as well but I understand this probably couldn't be pulled up at the point of post-production things were in. Also, the plotline involving Lois's son hadn't even come to fruition yet so I'll just say nay to that if things ever do move forward in some capacity.

Darkseid stands there and does nothing, like a total geek. Desaad openly insults him, and he still does nothing. Darkseid is a geek.

Knightmare and Joker scene were utterly pointless and make no sense, much like the Knightmare in Batman v Superman. Just more Zack Snyder edgelord nonsense.

Batman would never talk to Joker this way.

Affleck's modulated Batman voice still sounds ridiculous. Is it so hard to figure out how to make Batman sound cool and like you know, Batman, on film? Why is Bruce even using a modulator in a f'n post-apocalyptic wasteland. The mask, I can kind of understand. Identity and all that blah blah blah. But what good is the modulator doing for him now? It's dumb.

I think Ben's voice is an improvement over Christian Bale's Batman voice. :o

Bale's just sounded more forced when he tried to get raspy.

I prefer Batman bringing Lois to calm down Superman. That is Batman planning ahead. Here Batman and the JL are rescued by Lois Lanes coffee habit.

Most other things were better in Snyders version of course.

I like the black suit, but would have also wanted the shirt-rip to be original superman suit.

Music was improvement, but still uneven. And slightly too much pretentatious musical-scenes.

Darkseid would not have tolerated such insolence from Desaad. No one questions Darkseid.

Also, he stands there and does nothing...like a geek.

So what you're saying is, Darkseid is a geek?

The ONLY part I didn’t like was the music felt off during the Bruce/Barry meeting. Junkie XL killed it though everywhere else. It’s a tier superhero soundtrack that dwarfs 95% of superhero movie scores. I’ve been listening to it a lot lately.

There are two things I didn't like those sickly women singing and that the movie was over too soon.

Last edited:
1. NEEDED superman more in this - needed more dialogue with clark/superman and more balls to the wall fighting between him and steppenwolf!

2. obvious green screen in some scenes, esp in the final battle inside the nuclear silo which took me out of the movie sometimes.

3. wish it was really martha and not martian manhunter in that martha and lois scene. its heartfelt and poignant, but gets diminished by knowing that's not really martha saying those words.

aside from those 3, i either liked or loved everything else about the movie.

Darkseid stands there and does nothing, like a total geek. Desaad openly insults him, and he still does nothing. Darkseid is a geek.

Half of what Darkseid does in the comics is stand around doing nothing. Usually with his arms behind his back, though.

I prefer Batman bringing Lois to calm down Superman. That is Batman planning ahead. Here Batman and the JL are rescued by Lois Lanes coffee habit.

Most other things were better in Snyders version of course.

I like the black suit, but would have also wanted the shirt-rip to be original superman suit.

Music was improvement, but still uneven. And slightly too much pretentatious musical-scenes.

How would bringing Lois calm Superman if he sees she's pregnant with Bruce Wayne's baby? Bruce Wayne even slept with Clark's mother.

hollywoodland-176994-1280x0.jpg

I only see this reaction happening when Superman learns of both dalliances:

1456230572-henry-cavill-superman-man-of-steel-scream.jpg

How would bringing Lois calm Superman if he sees she's pregnant with Bruce Wayne's baby? Bruce Wayne even slept with Clark's mother.

hollywoodland-176994-1280x0.jpg

I only see this reaction happening when Superman learns of both dalliances:

1456230572-henry-cavill-superman-man-of-steel-scream.jpg

But did Bruce sleep with Martha or was it J’onn? I’m thinking it’s the latter. I think he snuck out right before Bruce woke up and transformed so we could have the last scene in the movie.

"Rescued by Lois Lane's coffee habit" is ****ing reductive nonsense. Her "coffee habit" is her morning ritual to talk and feel connected to Clark. That morning was to be her last time visiting the memorial before moving on, and her faith is "rewarded" for lack of a better term by Clark coming back and giving her the task of bringing back his humanity. This was actually one change that made my viscerally angry about the Whedon Cut. Batman leverages/weaponizes a woman's grief in case her resurrected dead fiance comes back a monster. How do you think that conversation would go? This and weird choices to objectify Wonder Woman (like using slo-mo on a skirt flash in the Paris scene where Snyder kept it in hyperspeed) just sully Whedon's male-feminist claim.

"Rescued by Lois Lane's coffee habit" is ****ing reductive nonsense. Her "coffee habit" is her morning ritual to talk and feel connected to Clark. That morning was to be her last time visiting the memorial before moving on, and her faith is "rewarded" for lack of a better term by Clark coming back and giving her the task of bringing back his humanity. This was actually one change that made my viscerally angry about the Whedon Cut. Batman leverages/weaponizes a woman's grief in case her resurrected dead fiance comes back a monster. How do you think that conversation would go? This and weird choices to objectify Wonder Woman (like using slo-mo on a skirt flash in the Paris scene where Snyder kept it in hyperspeed) just sully Whedon's male-feminist claim.

Imagine if they tried to resurrect Clark the following morning instead after Lois Lane had decided the day before that it was time to move on. Lucky for them.

*The Voiceovers for Darkseid, Desaad, and Steppenwolf were good but maybe could've been altered a bit moreso to resemble alien like noises afterall how do they know English? That's just a very small nitpick. LOL

*The earlier nitpicks I mentioned above are a bit less for me now and probably even moerso less with the black and white edition. Overall, the Steppenwolf and Desaad earlier concept art would've been nice to see as well but I understand this probably couldn't be pulled up at the point of post-production things were in. Also, the plotline involving Lois's son hadn't even come to fruition yet so I'll just say nay to that if things ever do move forward in some capacity.

I think Granny Goodness read to them bedtime stories and taught them how to read and write.

Half of what Darkseid does in the comics is stand around doing nothing. Usually with his arms behind his back, though.

I still found him tolerating such insolence from Desaad was massively out of character, but so is most of what happens for a lot of Snyder's DC films.

1. NEEDED superman more in this - needed more dialogue with clark/superman and more balls to the wall fighting between him and steppenwolf!

2. obvious green screen in some scenes, esp in the final battle inside the nuclear silo which took me out of the movie sometimes.

3. wish it was really martha and not martian manhunter in that martha and lois scene. its heartfelt and poignant, but gets diminished by knowing that's not really martha saying those words.

aside from those 3, i either liked or loved everything else about the movie.

1. Yes, Clark/Superman still feels under-developed and under-characterized, lacking in identity and presence.
2. To me it wasn't so much obvious green/blue screen that the CG didn't look good and didn't mesh very well. And then you had Batfleck looking barely mobile in that puffy batsuit and it all looked very cheap and like a bad PS2 cutscene. I've seen video game cutscene fights with better choreography and graphics.
3. Why not just have Swanwick in that scene? Swanwick has a relationship with Lois and had one with Superman, and it probably would've been just as effective. Still find J'onn being Swanwick iffy.

Last edited:
Still find J'onn being Swanwick iffy.

I agree here. Love Harry Lennox but it's just kinda creepy that a martian would choose to be in the military and become SecDef. Like, an alien hiding in our government is all kinds of sketchy.

I can't remember if I posted my complaints (but let me be clear, I love this movie... as well as MoS/BvS with minor complaints too.)

Odd Musical Choices. The singing before Wonder Woman shows up got a bit much. I wish it would have been full orchestral. I really wish Hans Zimmer/Junkie collabed on this.

The old singing ladies when Aquaman is leaving lol.

Lack of Superman.

That's about it.

I think all my issues have been mentioned here already, but I’ll say them again.

the ancient chant on WW’s music was cool, but used WAY too much. It going distracting and frankly, a little annoying after a while.

Lack of Superman. I was really hoping he was going to be in it more, especially considering the film is 4 hours long. He had barely any lines.

And speaking of Superman, I know that us comic fans know what the black suit is meant for, but they couldn’t have explained it at all??

I thought the Martian Manhunter scenes were completely useless. No point in teasing something for future films when those films most likely won’t happen. They felt really shoehorned in, especially the last one.

Jared Leto’s Joker. He’s just not the one. I did think once upon a time that he could pull it off well, but it’s just not for him. His voice was completely wrong and sounded more like a slowed down Ace Ventura. All the past Joker actors have been able to really ‘disguise’ themselves in the role, (Nicholson is a much bigger name than Leto, especially back in 89, and I still totally see Joker in his performance) but in this, all I see is Jared Leto in a bad Joker costume. I don’t think he was at all better here than SS. In fact, I still think he was better/ a little more Joker like in SS.

Mera’s random British accent. They should have really just used the redubbed dialogue from the Whedon cut. The audience wouldn’t have known any different.

Too much slow motion. We all know it’s a Snyder signature and that’s fine, but it was just a bit *too* much.

And finally, I do wish some of the color grading was a little more like the theatrical cut. It’s another one of Snyder’s signatures, so I guess it’s to be expected.

overall, I really enjoy the film and it’s one of the better DCEU films.

Batman does questionable things like that in modern comics. Its ok if you dont like that however.

Now it just comes across like a chance/random . What if her grieving process had ended a bit earlier? then they would have all been whacked.

Those other examples, sure not a fan, and not a fan of Whedon in general. I sitll prefer Bruce bringing Lois there.

I still think that the History Lesson could have been much longer with the addition of more ancient gods:

i still think that the History Lesson could have been 3hrs long standalone movie that kicks off DCEU.

i still think that the History Lesson could have been 3hrs long standalone movie that kicks off DCEU.

This quick flashback scene and Apocalyptian characters alluding to this early war after makes me wonder if WB can allow some Flashback scenes at some point to tell rather than just show what happens in JL3. That way current projects keep going within their own respective multiverse yet sill see what goes on before the timeline change in the antilife dimension as seen in the Snyder cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"