Quantic Dream's Beyond

Crockett

With Teeth
Reaction score
More information, the game is titled Beyond: Two Souls and Ellen Page looks to be one of the stars involved in the game.

skCp8.jpg

And some screens leaked out which you could check out.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/06/04/david-cages-beyond-screens-leak-play-guess-the-star/

I can't wait to see what Cage & Quantic Dream has come up with this time. Curious to see who the other famous actor will be.

Maybe this is the real reason ND changed Ellie's look in The Last of Us. Lol.

Yeah, they made some tweaks to her face and made her look younger.

Looking nice.
So, it seems she has some kind of power. I wonder how much it'll play like Heavy Rain.

Edit: never mind. Video had cussing. But there's a two-minute trailer, that's just the E3 sneak peak re-edited.

Sounds cool that they got Ellen Page to voice this female character. But who's the big-name male actor they also hired for the game, I wonder? After all, the game's title is Beyond: Two Souls (note the two in the title), so I'm thinking that they'll reveal the other actor later on...

Well the second soul is the spirit/ghost that Jodie grows up with. I don't know if we will see a physical manifestation of it.

beyond-two-souls-7.jpg

Hopefully many of you will have seen that we’ve just announced the much anticipated next title from Quantic Dream, the makers of Heavy Rain. BEYOND: Two Souls is an interactive psychological action thriller starring Oscar nominee Ellen Page (Inception, Juno) in the lead role of Jodie Holmes. Yes, I know, Ellen Page — pretty awesome!

Ever since she was born, Jodie has always been different from everyone else. She possesses supernatural powers through her psychic link to an invisible entity she calls Aiden, and this gift has changed her life forever.
In BEYOND: Two Souls you will experience the most striking moments of Jodie’s life as your actions and decisions determine her fate. You’ll also be able to take full control of both Jodie and the entity in spectacular action and adventure scenes. And as Jodie traverses the globe, you will face incredible challenges in emotionally charged events never before seen in a video game.

BEYOND: Two Souls also features a brand-new game engine and will be one of the best-looking games ever seen on a PS3.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/04/quantic-dream-to-take-you-to-the-beyond/

Well. I am now the proud owner of a PS3.

This game sold me. Also, Heavy Rain and Uncharted series.

O am so excited about this.

I hope this lives up to the expectations they left from Heavy Rain which was Epic.

David Cage is not interested in giving players fun.

"My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it," he tells us. "I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience.

"I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning; I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."

"Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious," he says. "Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond: to create something different."

I get by his point that QD's games aren't what one consider a part of the conventional view of video games as entertainment, none of the games they've made are what I consider to be fun but there's no saying you can't have games that are fun and have meaning but I know that wasn't his point. Anyway Heavy Rain was one heck of an experience and despite some flaws and nitpicks I have I still enjoyed it and here's hoping Beyond will push that envelope.

Maybe this is the real reason ND changed Ellie's look in The Last of Us. Lol.

Literally exactly what I was going to post when I saw this thread on here.

Now we get two Ellen Page games...yay?

Gotta say, as much as I love Naughty Dog, I think I've grown to be more itnrigued by Quantic Dream's projects and innovations more.

Really looking forward to this one over The Last of Us.

Literally exactly what I was going to post when I saw this thread on here.

Now we get two Ellen Page games...yay?

Gotta say, as much as I love Naughty Dog, I think I've grown to be more itnrigued by Quantic Dream's projects and innovations more.

Really looking forward to this one over The Last of Us.

I'm just looking forward to 2 great games

Looks pretty good, it'll be fun exploring the different options you could do in a scenario but I'm going to do my best not to watch too much so it'll keep things fresh for me.

Same here. I'll watch the occasional trailer, but avoid too much that reveals gameplay and scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"