Quantic Dream's Beyond

I'll avoid watching too many videos. It looks great already so I don't want the story spoiled.

I'm with you on this.

I didnt really read or watch anything about Heavy Rain before playing it and I think that added a massive amount to the game and story, literally not knowing what is going to happen next.

So I will be doing the same.

I saw that and it sucks that I won't get the SE but $25 savings beats that.

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the facial animations in this game? In the trailers I really felt I was watching actors act instead of animations that look like actors but are not.

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the facial animations in this game? In the trailers I really felt I was watching actors act instead of animations that look like actors but are not.
Umm maybe cause of this

Previews

Designing Beyond: Two Souls

Shaun chats with Beyond: Two Souls graphic director Christophe Brusseaux about the challenges the team faced designing a photo-realistic game.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=385631&page=2

it's what the motion capture was for after all. ;)

I haven't been too blown away by any of it. The faces look okay, but overall there's just something about the animations that bother me.

Do they charge you now, or when it ships? 'Cause I don't have the money now.
Same here. I wasn't planning on buying this, but it looks like a great deal to pass up.

Zenith16, I know, that's why I felt as if none of you is impressed and it felt odd :D

Zenith16, I know, that's why I felt as if none of you is impressed and it felt odd :D
lol Ok I may not have said much on it yet, cause I'm waiting to play it.

lol It doesn't mean I'm not in awe ,just I need it in my hands in front of me first. I've said in other threads that with stuff like these to me they've become icing and I'm hope the rest of the other elements are as good in equal terms to something like that these days. so that's why I went quiet on that. when it's in my hands I'm sure you'll hear me awe from my side of this here area of north America. Saying how pretty and well done that part is . I just hope the rest of it comes together first .

Last edited:
I keep hearing the controls are just as clunky as Heavy Rain...which I am actually fine with to be honest. Took me some time to get Heavy Rain's controls down, but once I did I had no problems and really...I was so focused on the story the controls didn't bother me anyway.

yeah when I read that this game has bad controls, I thought HR wasn't all that great either and it was my favorite game of 2010. Im not too worried about this one at all.

damn it is back up to 60 bucks on the Sony store, oh well *sigh*.

damn it is back up to 60 bucks on the Sony store, oh well *sigh*.
Don't feel too bad. Just got an email that my preorder was cancelled due to a pricing error. They gave me a $5 coupon to compensate

Yeah, that's lame. Just saw it on Kotaku.

Sony Cancels Bargain Beyond Two Souls Preorders

yzpf1N9.jpg

A few weeks back, Sony's own online store was offering insanely cheap preorders for upcoming PS3 exlcusive Beyond Two Souls. It seemed like a deal too good to be true! It was.

Sony has today begun cancelling those preorders, offering $5 coupons as a means of apologising for the mix-up. Which is a little disappointing; most retailers will honour mistakes like this, especially when it's not a catastrophic price cut.

Still...$5 is better than nothing...I guess?

Source

Last edited:
This game will be amazing. I'm ready to be blown away by the story.

Beyond: Two Souls features two-player, co-op multiplayer, with one person controlling Jodi Holmes, the main protagonist, and the other controlling Aiden, the entity tethered to her entire existence, Quantic Dream founder David Cage revealed at Gamescom. Players pass control between Jodi and Aiden, on a single screen, by pressing triangle. Yes, press triangle to Jodi.

In multiplayer or solo, Beyond is playable with iOS and Android touchscreen devices, with the "Beyond Touch" app. It's a free app that allows players to control a character – it's a blank slate, with no buttons or on-screen sticks, that players use like a touchpad. Slide one finger around the screen and the character moves. The game automatically switches to easy mode when a touchscreen controller is in use.

Cage said the touchscreen feature is an attempt to reel in casual players or those who don't play games often. Most people are comfortable with a smartphone, though avid players will want to use the DualShock controller, Cage said.

source:Joystiq

I had my doubts but the demo definetly saved them. I had no problems with the controls. It seemed in line with HR, but rather more intuitive as the right analog stick seemed to be used alloy more for action as opposed to random button on the controller. If anything it was controlling Aidan that gave me some issues but nothing major. My favorite part was when you
let loose on the lady in the room. I had too much fun terrifying her...lol

With that said, I still wont be buying it day one. It'll surely be on sale a month later around BF. Im expecting under $35 by then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"