No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

To those saying uncle Ben doesn’t play a strong role in this peter’s life. There is still that Disney plus show about his early days as Spider-Man soooo maybe that will she’s some light on it?

To those saying uncle Ben doesn’t play a strong role in this peter’s life. There is still that Disney plus show about his early days as Spider-Man soooo maybe that will she’s some light on it?
I doubt as many people will watch a Disney Plus MCU cartoon as they do the MCU movies. My friend's family is doing a watchthrough of every single pre-MCU Spidey movie leading up to them watching NWH now for whenever it drops on digital and I think it highlights to me how much of a disservice MCU Spidey did with the way they handled the origin. Not to relitigate the same tired debates, but this was some real eye-opening stuff to witness firsthand.

My friend's mom and his 9 year old sister had no idea how Spidey got his powers or any of the uncle Ben stuff, MCU Spidey is their first Spidey. The 9 year old misconstrued the bits in Homecoming where Stark says he's using the suit like a crutch to mean he gets his powers from the suit. Spider bite = powers was like mind blowing to them. After finally seeing SM1 they're like, "wow so that's why he's Spider-Man?"

I get they didn't want to do the origin a third time and just figuring everybody knows by now but the complete glossing over it they've done with hardly any solid firmly planted lip service really ends up confusing the casual people who that's their introduction to Spidey. It really is a lose-lose scenario, I think it shoulda been shown more definitively (Incredible Hulk's quick intro origin springs to mind) and it's too late at this point.

Last edited:
I doubt as many people will watch a Disney Plus MCU cartoon as they do the MCU movies. My friend's family is doing a watchthrough of every single pre-MCU Spidey movie leading up to them watching NWH now for whenever it drops on digital and I think it highlights to me how much of a disservice MCU Spidey did with the way they handled the origin. Not to relitigate the same tired debates, but this was some real eye-opening stuff to witness firsthand.

My friend's mom and his 9 year old sister had no idea how Spidey got his powers or any of the uncle Ben stuff, MCU Spidey is their first Spidey. The 9 year old misconstrued the bits in Homecoming where Stark says he's using the suit like a crutch to mean he gets his powers from the suit. Spider bite = powers was like mind blowing to them. After finally seeing SM1 they're like, "wow so that's why he's Spider-Man?"

I get they didn't want to do the origin a third time and just figuring everybody knows by now but the complete glossing over it they've done with hardly any solid firmly planted lip service really ends up confusing the casual people who that's their introduction to Spidey. It really is a lose-lose scenario, I think it shoulda been shown more definitively (Incredible Hulk's quick intro origin springs to mind) and it's too late at this point.
Into the Spider-Verse clearly and effectively introduced the Peter from Miles' universe in less than two minutes, establishing his experience and personality, complete with a reference to the spider bite and an appearance by Ben saying the "Great power" line. The MCU couldn't be bothered to mention Ben at all over the course of several films, and unless I'm forgetting something, isn't NWH the only time they've even mentioned the spider-bite?

Into the Spider-Verse clearly and effectively introduced the Peter from Miles' universe in less than two minutes, establishing his experience and personality, complete with a reference to the spider bite and an appearance by Ben saying the "Great power" line. The MCU couldn't be bothered to mention Ben at all over the course of several films, and unless I'm forgetting something, isn't NWH the only time they've even mentioned the spider-bite?
He talks about it with Ned in HoCo.

Always so confusing about the forgetting spell
It makes people forget about Peter only, but it doesnt delete previous news on medias about Peter/spidey identity! People can still pick up an old newspaper revealing Spidey's identity

Avengers, Happy, MJ, Ned ... who shared adventures involving both Spiderman and Peter unmasked, they will just remember their moments alongside Spidey and forget about all times spent with Peter ??
This plot is no-sense. what a mayhem

Also there are rumors going round that in early script drafts when Venom was apart of the story, Toby was gonna be stabbed and Eddie Brock uses the symbiote to save his life. After that Venom is left with the Spider-man symbol on his chest.

Dunno how reliable such rumor is. but there ya go.

Is this legit?
Yeah, there's some better shots out there of that scene and the Green Goblin alley scene which have both seen to be altered slightly. The other shots of the Andrew portal scene are really noticeable, and the new Spidey model coming through the portal looks better. Cinema with patches is bizarre to me.

Yeah, there's some better shots out there of that scene and the Green Goblin alley scene which have both seen to be altered slightly. The other shots of the Andrew portal scene are really noticeable, and the new Spidey model coming through the portal looks better. Cinema with patches is bizarre to me.

I feel really bad for the effects team, they must have been on a horrible time crunch. Things have gotten so brutal in that field lately.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with Ben being the one to say "With great power comes great responsibility", he didn't actually say it in original comics, so it's weird people are so purist about something that never actually happened.
The fact May says it doesn't mean Ben never existed or wasn't a presence in Peter's life.

HiTop Films pretty much sums up my overall feelings on this movie.

Man imagine having a take so bad even your own comments section is like "Nah this ain't it chief."
I really wanna know what the dislike count on that video is.

The fact May says it doesn't mean Ben never existed or wasn't a presence in Peter's life.
To be fair, the MCU has pretty much treated Ben as non-existent other than maybe that one scene in Civil War. The fact that there's not even a tombstone of him besides May's in NWH just adds fuel to the fire that he either never existed or is so irrelevant to Peter and May that he never mattered.

I'm still curious on how they'll handle Freshman Year, but I'm not expecting Ben to pop up in it. Or heck, if they want to, they can take a page from that Marisa Tomei interview where she wanted May to have a girlfriend/wife and just do a Michelle Jones-style revamp there. I honestly wouldn't mind it at this point.

To be fair, the MCU has pretty much treated Ben as non-existent other than maybe that one scene in Civil War. The fact that there's not even a tombstone of him besides May's in NWH just adds fuel to the fire that he either never existed or is so irrelevant to Peter and May that he never mattered.

I'm still curious on how they'll handle Freshman Year, but I'm not expecting Ben to pop up in it. Or heck, if they want to, they can take a page from that Marisa Tomei interview where she wanted May to have a girlfriend/wife and just do a Michelle Jones-style revamp there. I honestly wouldn't mind it at this point.
I just don't find the fact they don't constantly harp on Ben's death as evidence he never existed or didn't matter.
Most Spider-Man media don't bring up Peter's parents but that doesn't mean they didn't exist.

You're strawmanning. It's not about Ben not being constantly brought up, moreso that the MCU acting like he's a complete non-entity who doesn't seem to have ever mattered to Peter and May. That's the issue some fans understandably have, not flashbacks of him being shot or him giving the great responsibility line (I actually quite like that May is the one to do it this time) like some folks online would want you to believe. Especially when he's so crucial to Peter's evolution into Spider-Man.

It's one of the aspects I dislike about MCU Spider-Man, but I'm at peace that it's most likely never going to get fixed or addressed so I don't really care anymore. At the very least I can say I like where Peter ended up at the end of NWH and I'm excited to see where it leads.

I just don't find the fact they don't constantly harp on Ben's death as evidence he never existed or didn't matter.
Most Spider-Man media don't bring up Peter's parents but that doesn't mean they didn't exist.
It's not that they don't "constantly harp on it", it's that they never give Ben a direct reference of any kind that makes it feel like he never existed/mattered. Peter's parents are an entirely different situation, while they've been significant to the occasional storyline, they're rarely of much significance to the character as a whole, Ben on the other hand, is a key part of the character's very foundation, his murder is the driving force behind Spider-Man becoming a hero in the first place. We've never been asking for his death to be shown again or for him to be key to the film's plot, a simple namedrop, or just seeing his grave in NWH alongside May's would've been enough.

Last edited:
You're strawmanning. It's not about Ben not being constantly brought up, moreso that the MCU acting like he's a complete non-entity who doesn't seem to have ever mattered to Peter and May. That's the issue some fans understandably have, not flashbacks of him being shot or him giving the great responsibility line (I actually quite like that May is the one to do it this time) like some folks online would want you to believe. Especially when he's so crucial to Peter's evolution into Spider-Man.

It's one of the aspects I dislike about MCU Spider-Man, but I'm at peace that it's most likely never going to get fixed or addressed so I don't really care anymore. At the very least I can say I like where Peter ended up at the end of NWH and I'm excited to see where it leads.
I don't see how it's strawmanning, we all know the story, I don't see it needs to be brought up again like I don't already know about him.
By this point, the only reason I'd wanna see him again is just so people can shut up about it.

I don't see how it's strawmanning, we all know the story, I don't see it needs to be brought up again like I don't already know about him.
By this point, the only reason I'd wanna see him again is just so people can shut up about it.

What's with the hostility ? I didn't want another rehash of the Ben stuff either and what the MCU has done hasn't bothered me, but I can understand why others would at the very least like some acknowledgement that Ben existed as a person.

Not everybody does if MCU is their introduction to Spidey, as I just brought up at the top of the page. Maybe all us hardcore super fans are sick of it and vocal but it still coulda been handled better for those who weren't aware- those types of viewers weren't even aware they were missing any information.

What's with the hostility ? I didn't want another rehash of the Ben stuff either and what the MCU has done hasn't bothered me, but I can understand why others would at the very least like some acknowledgement that Ben existed as a person.
What hostility?
I'm just saying I'm tired of hearing about Ben, either from people mad they don't talk about him in the MCU or the other Spider-Man iterations that constantly bring him up.
Not everybody does if MCU is their introduction to Spidey, as I just brought up at the top of the page. Maybe all us hardcore super fans are sick of it and vocal but it still coulda been handled better for those who weren't aware- those types of viewers weren't even aware they were missing any information.
I mean it's Spider-Man, he has multiple cartoons, video games, like he's hands down one of the most popular characters of all time, there's no way the MCU is gonna be someone's introduction to the character unless they're incredibly young or have somehow managed to avoid Spider-Man media their entire life until he showed up in Civil War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"