No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

Does anyone know how in the world Goblin survived his stab?

I don't think that was touched upon in the movie.

I was thinking that the spell brought in every person that knows Peter is Spider-Man from across the multiverse, no matter if they were alive or dead.

Also, how did Electro 1. get his body back exactly (Sandman?) and 2. suddenly get a fade and a goatee? The people I went with were bothering me so I missed a few moments and bits of dialogue.

Does anyone know how in the world Goblin survived his stab?

I don't think that was touched upon in the movie.

I was thinking that the spell brought in every person that knows Peter is Spider-Man from across the multiverse, no matter if they were alive or dead.

GG, Ock and Electro were brought over moments before they died.

Also, how did Electro 1. get his body back exactly (Sandman?) and 2. suddenly get a fade and a goatee?
IIRC he got his body back after Spidey and Sandman cut off his connection to the electrical towers. As far as the different look, the real world answer is they wanted a different take on the character.

The Spider-man movies have moved up on the Itunes charts since No Way Home.
  • #2 — Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
  • #3 — Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
  • #5 — Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  • #6 — The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
  • #10 — The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
  • #17 — Spider-Man (2002)
  • #22 — Spider-Man 2 (2004)
  • #23 — Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
  • #25 — Spider-Man 3 (2007)
  • #34 — Venom (2018)
All of Sony's Spider-Man Movies Climb Rental Charts Amid No Way Home Mania

Last edited:
I get why they wanted to have this version of Aunt May be the one to first give the great power/responsibility speech. However, I don't understand why they couldn't simply have her say something like "Remember what Uncle Ben used to say?" before saying the line.

I get why they wanted to have this version of Aunt May be the one to first give the great power/responsibility speech. However, I don't understand why they couldn't simply have her say something like "Remember what Uncle Ben used to say?" before saying the line.
Even something as simple as panning from her grave to Uncle Ben's when Peter visits the graveyard at the end would be enough for me.

Even something as simple as panning from her grave to Uncle Ben's when Peter visits the graveyard at the end would be enough for me.
Yeah, just some sort of direct acknowledgment of a MCU Ben would've been nice, no matter how small, and this was absolutely the time to do it.

As much as I respect Kevin Feige for all that's he's accomplished with the MCU, I really don't agree with his logic when it comes the following ideas.
  • That you can't reinvent a character for a new franchise after someone else had previously legitimatized the role (e.g., Green Golin, Doc Ock, Black Panther).
  • Being different for the sake of being different.
I get that we've seen Uncle Ben die twice now, but he's still integral to Spider-Man's mythology. While it's not necessary for us to see him killed again, it makes no sense to pretend that he didn't exist or contribute towards Peter's decision into becoming Spider-Man. I also don't understand why they couldn't have Zendaya just play Mary Jane with a few new twists instead.

Last edited:
There was that leaked behind the scenes image that showed andrew and toby on the same set.

I watched a gif of Andrew Spider-Man and his eyes moved when he dodged electro. I think that’s so cool since it’s not tech that does it but just his mask moving like deadpool. It needs no explanation.

I agree with the Uncle Ben thing. Even with the changes I always took his debut in Civil War as acknowledging Uncle Ben without going too far. I get not wanting to do the Batman thing where they draw too much attention to something we've all seen a hundred times. Especially since it was right after yet another reboot.

But this movie was weird. Straight up giving the line to May which implies that Uncle Ben never said it. Since neither mention him or connect him to the line. But Peter did become Spider-Man so something must have happened. Uncle Ben is dead in the MCU right? They've done such a good job underplaying his entire existence I'm not even 100% sure anymore.

I knew Aunt May was a goner coming into this movie. That opening shot in trailer #2 of Peter crying and distraught...there's only one thing that could've caused that, plus Holland's comments of this being a dark film with "horrible" things happening to Peter...I put two and two together. But man, I gotta give Tomei props, she brought it with her death scene. And honestly I was a bit worried because I saw a few interviews with Tomei prior to this and she seemed completely checked out of playing this role so I was afraid she would be phoning it in.
Kind of makes me glad in a way that I only watched one trailer for this movie. Wasn't keeping that up to date on it besides the general window it was coming out. So didn't really see it coming. At least not until after it should have been obvious. With the full blown "great power" speech and things steadily ramping up to that.

She definitely brought it. I suppose the chance to really have a memorable death scene brought the best out of her. Definitely had me feeling Peter's grief there.

Last edited:

While I totally agree with you, at this point it's too late and imo only causes even more backtracking. Unfortunately the MCU version has made it perfectly clear that Uncle Ben is not important to this adaptation's telling of the mythos.

There have been plenty of chances for them to do otherwise but they chose not to. I'm fine with May being the one to give Peter the line but that in itself comes out of nowhere. At least it wasn't Tony.

One thing I do want to pat myself on the back for getting right is how NWH was basically its own movie, and not a direct lead in for MoM. People long thought that when they said Wandavision and NWH and MoM were going to be connected that it meant 1 story, but really it meant these are all stand alone stories that may have some small carry over. Which is what I thought was going to be the case

Last edited:
It would have been incredibly bold of Marvel to have connected all these tv shows and films that way. But i guess they ain't that confidence in their direction and want to leave room for changes if required.

It does feel like their performances were taped from a separate room. Still, very much loved seeing them on screen again.

Quick question: Was Norman wearing the Goblin costume underneath his clothes all the time we see him in this film? Or he put it on after he escaped (killed aunt May)? I just don't remember during his apartment fight with Peter if we see the costume underneath the clothes he had.

Quick question: Was Norman wearing the Goblin costume underneath his clothes all the time we see him in this film? Or he put it on after he escaped (killed aunt May)? I just don't remember during his apartment fight with Peter if we see the costume underneath the clothes he had.

It was under his normal clothes.

The "different energy" of the MCU's main universe caused his body to change.

If anything, they should have used the same logic to explain why Flint didn't revert back to his human appearance for most of the movie.

Anybody here have a No Way Home transcript / screenplay pdf? I am having trouble finding it on Google. Wanted to try my hand at rewriting some stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"