Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he doesn't think her delivery is very good cause movie she isn't very good. I've seen her in several things and I think she's bad. No personality whatsoever.
He didn't say that. Anyways I'm done with this, I was just curious about the jokes that didn't land.

You can be a prickly character and have some type of likeable personality, or at the very least show the potential for growth to become a better person. The Dr Strange trailers emphasised this, that he was this arse hole-ish character who went through a transformation to become a better version of himself. The issue with the trailers is she just doesn't come across as likeable nor is there any real sense of her journey. As someone else mentioned, she comes across as disinterested.
I mean I didn't find Dr. Strange remotely likeable in his trailers OR the movie - the first time I liked him was in Infinity War - but to each their own.

Hers is a different journey anyway - she doesn't know who she is, so it's one of literal self-discovery.

I love Brie and she is a fantastic actress. I think she is going to be great in the movie. But there is something odd about her in the trailers to me. She really does seem disinterested. Not stoic, not matter-a-fact, just disinterested. Like a boring line reading on SNL or something. And it feels weird for an actress with so much life to her.

Reactions: CJ
Yeah, I was going to say that. The Kree are clearly wiping her memory so they can use her as a tool of war. Brie was talking about how the Kree are emotionally cold as a species, too, and it looks like Carol might be part Kree, so...
Looks to me like a big story point for the film is Carol having to rediscover her humanity and break from the Kree brainwashing.

Which does not make a lick of sense, given who we were introduced to the Kree by.

I love Brie and she is a fantastic actress. I think she is going to be great in the movie. But there is something odd about her in the trailers to me. She really does seem disinterested. Not stoic, not matter-a-fact, just disinterested. Like a boring line reading on SNL or something. And it feels weird for an actress with so much life to her.

It's almost like she's mistaken being rigid as being heroic. Heroism isn't just about looking serious and stoic, it's about giving the audience a reason to cheer you on, a reason to get behind you.

Knowing Brie's skills, maybe it's the director's fault. I personally believe that "bad acting is bad directing".

Knowing Brie's skills, maybe it's the director's fault. I personally believe that "bad acting is bad directing".

Yes, I touched on that yesterday, as the most common thing is for the director to say what he wants the actor to give him. You can still get bad acting by having a bad actor, or a bad casting, but one of the biggest jobs of a director is to get the most out of the actors.

We at least know that Brie is a capable actor, but I guess there's not really that much one can say since we've seen so little that it's not really enough to judge on. Especially, as people have said, since we just seem to get the Carol that's been brainwashed by the Kree to be a soldier and have none of her old memories.

So... probably won’t be bothering with Glass, then :whatever: o_O

Can't really be as bad as his earlier flops at least, I hope.

Little disappointed that Glass is getting mixed to poor reviews. I love both Unbreakable and Split. Still excited for the film.

Edit: Accidently read some spoilers in a review. If they’re true, then I retract my statement. That took away almost any excitement I had.

Last edited:
Agreed. Still hoping the shows come back on Hulu or something at some point. Even if it is unlikely, I want to believe that high quality shows that fans mostly love will be rewarded with more seasons.

Agreed. Still hoping the shows come back on Hulu or something at some point. Even if it is unlikely, I want to believe that high quality shows that fans mostly love will be rewarded with more seasons.

I hope so. Really pissed that we won't see a certain villain return.

I'm hoping that since Disney seems eager to continue the R-rated Deadpool franchise, that they can find a place for the Daredevil show.

The only fans they have is money.

JIjWsKi.gif

They are the ones who made the deal in the first place. They are now screwing over fans.

Screwing over fans? Have I missed any new information that supports that? All I've seen reported says that Netflix are the ones with the right to decide whether to produce more Marvel Netflix shows (unlike other Disney content which the company can, and will, take back), and that they decided not to just to in order to avoid advertising a competitor.

Can't really be as bad as his earlier flops at least, I hope.
It’s hard for him to beat his very worst films. Even getting into the top 5 is no easy feat. But I do really hope he gets back to the standard we expected after his first couple of films. I was very hopeful for Glass and still look forward to seeing it (don’t know any spoilers).

Screwing over fans? Have I missed any new information that supports that? All I've seen reported says that Netflix are the ones with the right to decide whether to produce more Marvel Netflix shows (unlike other Disney content which the company can, and will, take back), and that they decided not to just to in order to avoid advertising a competitor.
Every article I see points out the shows were cancelled by both Netflix and Disney. Netflix is not taking the shows off their platforms. So the most likely scenario is Disney ran up the licensing fees on the shows, as outside of the first season of all those shows (all 5 seasons had a shared price), each show had to renew the deal with each season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"