Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seeing a fully formed Bullseye go up against Cox's DD is one of the most tragic CBM losses to me. Up there with Raimi's SM4 being cancelled.

Their first battle at the bulletin is one of the best fight scenes ever to me, and a brilliant showcase of Bullseye's abilities.

Omg their fight at the bulletin is one of the best one on one fights period that I’ve seen in recent memory. That fight made my heart stop several times. And the way Bulleseye was using his trademark skill...ugh...those showrunners clearly had a love for the source material.

I have no interest in seeing a digitally enhanced Kingpin, that seems overly excessive in terms of what to use CG for. I have no issues with an actor playing the character.

It’s such a shame that Michael Clark Duncan was wasted in that film. That truly was a pitch perfect casting.

Omg their fight at the bulletin is one of the best one on one fights period that I’ve seen in recent memory. That fight made my heart stop several times. And the way Bulleseye was using his trademark skill...ugh...those showrunners clearly had a love for the source material.

What breaks my heart is that the same showrunners had a season 4 all planned out that they were very excited about :(

What breaks my heart is that the same showrunners had a season 4 all planned out that they were very excited about :(

Bulleseye unleashed. I think we could safely say season 4 was gonna kill off either Foggy or Karen.

I was so happy that they had Fisk in the white suit throughout most of season 3. I know its one of those silly fanboy things we make a big deal about but sometimes seeing these characters sport the look that we recognize them in goes a long way.
Yeah, a big deal to us hardcore geeks. :hehe:

That triple threat match between DD, Kingpin and Bullseye was everything.

People love that hallway fight from season 1 and while it is epic, that three way fight and the fight DD has with Nobu are so underrated.
Yeah, it really takes things up a level in an already amazing show.

Yeah, it really takes things up a level in an already amazing show.

It was just so creative. Time for a rewatch of season 3 for me.

Also loved Vanessa Fisk. They do not make ride or die broads like her anymore, she was so good. Loved watching her descent into being Kingpin’s moll. They are really the most genuine couple in the MCU yet.

It was just so creative. Time for a rewatch of season 3 for me.

Also loved Vanessa Fisk. They do not make ride or die broads like her anymore, she was so good. Loved watching her descent into being Kingpin’s moll.
You’re motivating me to do the same lol. It’s been a long time for me. I also need to rewatch the beginning of season 2 to see the magic as Daredevil
and Punisher interact.

Yes, she played the kind of role we see very rarely. It was very well done.

Netflix DD perfected the balance between comic-bookiness and realism/grit in a way pretty much no other CBM has.

They made things as fantastical as DD or Bullseye's abilities feel so real.
The show outdid all my expectations, especially after the film.

Daredevil goes to show you can have all the craziness of a grown man In a devil costume and a bunch of armed mystical ninjas in Harlem. Just as long as the writing and direction is solid, you’re good.

Not everything doesnt have to be black leather suits and no use of codenames to be gritty.

You guys talking about not being able to see what would've been done with Bullseye has me like...

... sometimes you have to hide the pain, man.

I was hoping for DD season 4 they would grant us a more comics-accurate Daredevil costume than what we’ve seen before in the series before.

Last edited:
Well s*** I didnt even realize today marked 2 years since season 3 of DD aired. What a coincidence. :funny:

I liked the DD costume. I thought it worked well and fit with the show. I don't think they needed adjustment.

I wish they gave something to Iron Fist though. He does has a very hard costume to pull off in live action though

Whoa, two years.
I actively ignored Netflix stuff post the Defenders, and I still feel no desire to watch anything after that point.

I liked the DD costume. I thought it worked well and fit with the show. I don't think they needed adjustment.

I wish they gave something to Iron Fist though. He does has a very hard costume to pull off in live action though

1970's collared look for sure would have been a challenge.

Iron-Fist-issue-10-splash-by-John-Byrne-Dan-Adkins.jpg

But a variation on the modern look could have worked no problem. The clothing of the costume can honestly be almost anything. The iconography in my view is the mask and the dragon symbol. A get up that would have had both those, done with the detail and craftsmanship of the DD's costume, would have worked in my view.
The_Immortal_Iron_Fist.png

You guys are going to make me rewatch the whole show. Daredevil was perfect. I know Cox is not the only one that could play matt perfectly, but I still want marvel to bring him back. They could recast everyone else and set the new series in a different universe as long as they keep Cox.

I dont see the point of recasting everyone except for Cox. Reminds me when people wanted to recast or reboot Superman and change everyone except Routh. No need to take a half measure and it's not like Cox wouldve played DD forever

Anyone seen Helstrom yet

F*** that show. Damian Helstrom is one of the most boring characters in publication, I'm not gonna watch a show starring a character I can't enjoy one bit in print.

I am still catching up on the Netflix stuff post defenders, still going through S2 of Luke Cage which has been okay. Being honest though DD and JJ are a step above the others. Though S1 of The Punisher had its moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"