Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why any film executive would think giving James Gunn a Superman project would be a good idea. That’s like asking Quentin Tarantino to helm Sesame Street.

And Joss if that’s true....
6CC258E6-44D8-4AFE-A4F5-E2D22CFDB89A.gif

Finally something more specific about what happened on set.

It's a bad look, but unfortunately I think that happens a fair bit. It happens in photography a lot. Darker people are made lighter. Hell even worse that movie Rogen and Goldberg produced called Good Boys had a stunt actor in blackface.

The article goes more in depth. Nothing is unbelievable, but no proof is really presented other than seeing what was on screen (people of color getting cut). But yeah it's not anything far out there that's unbelievable or that I can't potentially buy.
Some of the stuff like about how they were given talking points prior to Comic Con mean nothing to me. That's just marketing and PR.

I though he was under NDA tho... This is why I never bought that excuse.

EDIT: I forget how much I hate the Forbes site

Last edited:
Finally something more specific about what happened on set.

It's a bad look, but unfortunately I think that happens a fair bit. It happens in photography a lot. Darker people are made lighter. Hell even worse that movie Rogen and Goldberg produced called Good Boys had a stunt actor in blackface.

The article goes more in depth. Nothing is unbelievable, but no proof is really presented other than seeing what was on screen (people of color getting cut)

I though he was under NDA tho... This is why I never bought that excuse.

Wow. I didn’t even know that.

Hollywood. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Alex Ross is just the best, and his current work on Immortal Hulk is (Un)godly.

Immortal-Hulk-in-Hell-Full-Cover-Vertical.jpg
Hieronymus Bosch- Garden of Earthly Delights is the piece this is referencing for anybody who wants to know!

Christ the Forbes site sucks
Fisher revealed one of the biggest challenges has been getting WarnerMedia to conduct a fair and impartial investigation, something that has taken much of Fisher’s time to achieve.

“My team and I have been informed that the third-party firm that was originally brought on to investigate Justice League has withdrawn from the case,” Fisher began.

“WarnerMedia has since informed me and my team that the old investigator purposely lied to us about the investigation. We’ve asked WarnerMedia to relay this information to the public and to retract Warner Bros.’ September 4th hit piece on me so we can clear the air and get the investigation back on track. They’ve refused to do so...so here we are...”

With the original investigator withdrawn, Fisher is optimistic that the new investigator will perform their duties impartially.

“The new investigator that WarnerMedia has brought on is the same one that did the final Kevin Tsujihara investigation before he was taken down,” Fisher explained.

Fisher went on to further clarify that he is not alone, and how the participation of old friends and newcomers came together for a single purpose, accountability.

“I’ve got a lot of witnesses that are willing to be interviewed, they’re just waiting on my go-ahead that it’s safe to do so,” Fisher said.

Outside of witnesses, Fisher has the backing of The Screen Actors Guild - American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.

“SAG-AFTRA has been a part of just about every conversation we’ve had with WarnerMedia and has been pushing to get them to do the right thing.”

Despite the myriad challenges in his way, Fisher remains hopeful, yet cautious about his road ahead.

“In a business as notoriously litigious as Hollywood, the fact that I haven’t received so much as a cease and desist letter should tell you something,” Fisher calmly stated. “The people involved know I’m telling the truth. They’re just looking for a way to mitigate blowback for themselves.”

“WarnerMedia knows I don’t have the financial ability to stand up to them in court,” Fisher continued. “Emmerich, Whedon, and the other guys probably do. My guess is that WarnerMedia is looking for the lesser of two lawsuits.”

Fisher knew the responsibility on his shoulders was massive. Not only is his career at risk, but those who have joined his efforts and are participating in the investigation are at risk as well, Fisher claims. Fisher made it a personal mission to shield them.

“The people that have shared their stories with me have put themselves at great risk, both personally and professionally. I will protect them at any cost,” Fisher said. “Hollywood is one of the most retaliatory businesses in the world. One word of you being “difficult” or “uncooperative” could be the end of your career, especially if you’re black.”

Fisher fully realized that there are people out there that don’t believe him. Whether it's because they're fans of Johns and Whedon’s work, they take the studio's word over his, or they simply don’t understand the full story. To them, Fisher had frank words.

“You really have to ask yourself, what’s more plausible—that I would purposely torpedo my career by making statements about powerful figures in Hollywood, that, if untrue, could be easily refuted. OR a handful people in positions of power said and did terrible things in order to maintain that power during a massive corporate merger.”

While Fisher was candid about his frustration with the studio, he was still clear that he’s not at war with the entire studio.

“I’m not in a fight with Warner Bros.” Fisher sighed. “I’m in a fight with a handful of people that are attempting to use Warner Bros. to cover their tracks. All the significant film and tv work I’ve done has been under the WarnerMedia banner. I love what I do and who I’ve been blessed to do it with.”

To Fisher, the most important thing is making sure accountability is carried to all parties involved, and not just the easier targets in the investigation.

“Regardless of how I feel about the folks involved, I’m not interested in people being allowed to dog-pile and scapegoat easy targets.”

As for his end goal, Fisher expressed the point of all the blood, sweat, and tears.

“My goal is to have these people not be decision makers for the content that influences our world,” Fisher began. “These guys have been in Hollywood a long time. Their problematic behavior didn’t start with the AT&T merger, but I’ll be dammed if it doesn’t end with it.”

Fisher ends most of his tweets these days with "Accountability > Entertainment," and it's clearly a guiding principle behind his actions, risks be damned.

“I’m not worried about the consequences. I’m well aware of what’s at stake. If people don’t want to work with me because I’m refusing to tolerate abusive behavior and the coverup culture of old Hollywood, then so be it.” Fisher said.

“If nothing else, I’m going to go out of this business the way I came in; free and of my own volition. Can you dig that?”

Just a small excerpt of where things are now from Fisher's prospective

I mean to be real the the whole skin lightening thing...sometimes it really comes down to lighting. Even people with olive skin complexions can't be lit the same way as fairer skinned people. And if you have a mix of skin complexions or something about where the scene is set a certain time; you're probably lightening some complexions. I'm sure if you ask a lot of Hollywood filmmakers, of any race, that they've probably changed a performer's, regardless of race, complexion. Lightening or darkening. It's different than a solo shot for a magazine.

It's not like this:
cRZsd3f.jpg

hwezpxK.jpg

If that was the only allegation, I would've just shrugged (at least at this point without seeing the shot/what was cut). However, that's not the case

Last edited:
Crazy. I'm surprised he didn't open with this; it would've gotten a lot more attention and there'd probably have been less skepticism from people claiming he was just making stuff up for attention.

He does a much better job articulating his accusations and grievances in that interview than in little snippets on Twitter.

Crazy. I'm surprised he didn't open with this; it would've gotten a lot more attention and there'd probably have been less skepticism from people claiming he was just making stuff up for attention.

He does a much better job articulating his accusations and grievances in that interview than in little snippets on Twitter.
Yeah agreed.
If this would've been the start it'd be getting way more traction, but right now it's not even a major trending topic in the US while his initial tweets were and that would've brought more pressure.

I don’t know why any film executive would think giving James Gunn a Superman project would be a good idea. That’s like asking Quentin Tarantino to helm Sesame Street.

And Joss if that’s true....
View attachment 39023
Hey, I'd watch a Quentin Tarantino helmed reimagining of Sesame Street :funny:

I still haven’t seen Happytime Murders. Always meant to. Last crazy puppet/muppet/marionette movie I watched was Team America World Police.

That “love scene” was too much.

Hey, I'd watch a Quentin Tarantino helmed reimagining of Sesame Street :funny:

You would lol.

But still, the unmitigated gall of white directors and producers still doing blackface and then lightening or cutting non-white people and their skin tones, in this day and age is just very sh***y.

But again, that’s Hollywood for you.

I mean, look at the reaction to the minor requirements to be nominated for an Oscar.

So, either it's false or its the claim that Whedon knows will end his ideal career/media icon.

I know he isn't a popular figure around here and I like his movies more than many, but man does 300 look and sound great in 4K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"