Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Ethan Hawke news is cool.

Just finished watching the first two episodes of WandaVision. So far, it's exactly what I was expecting, which is neither good nor bad. I find it interesting enough to keep my interest, but I need to see the whole thing before I make any real judgement. I like that it's stylistically different and very much its own thing. Very curious as to where it's going.

Even though I really enjoyed Wandavision I gotta wonder if Falcon and Winter Solider wouldnt have been a better show to start this Disney + slate out the gate post Endgame? WandaVision seems to be a little polarizing for some people.

I kind of like the idea of starting off with something that's a little out there and weird, instead of your run the mill kind of thing. It's a nice breath of fresh air and easily differentiates it from what comes before.

I think the only way starting with this might backfire for me personally is if the other shows save FatWS are equally as creative and different from previous MCU stuff. Going from this back to the standard fan fair, especially on the movie front with Widow, could lead to a little disappointment to return to form. I say that as someone who will probably love both those things more than I'll ever like WandaVision.

Just realized SWORD is officially the first (formerly owned) 20th Century FOX property adapted into the MCU with WandaVision.

That’s sorta a milestone isn’t it?

Just watched Birds of Prey out of boredom. It's stylish, which is really the only good thing I can really say.

Just realized SWORD is officially the first (formerly owned) 20th Century FOX property adapted into the MCU with WandaVision.

Wouldn’t Ego in Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 be technically the first?

SWORD first appeared in Far From Home...technically.
Just watched Birds of Prey out of boredom. It's stylish, which is really the only good thing I can really say.
I couldn't stand it. I was surprised so many people seemed to love it.

I think it's more entertaining than WW84, but I think it lacks the dramatic aspect of the characters, moreso Harley Quinn. To me, there's not as much dramaticism as I'd prefer.

Wouldn’t Ego in Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 be technically the first?

I mean that technically was a deal wasn’t it? Disney and FOX made a trade off between that and Deadpool’s Negasonic. I just meant SWORD showing up was the first property since the Fox Acquisition was made.

SWORD first appeared in Far From Home...technically.

I couldn't stand it. I was surprised so many people seemed to love it.

Oh yeah I forgot about FFH.

Hmm...

I don't see it even if I squint.

Gonna have to SEE more and us getting BTS or teasers is a long way off...
You're right. I was just going off what the article was saying but I would doubt Hawke is playing Bushman.

I just got me an LG CX OLED. Time to watch The Dark Knight again. I always use the Hong Kong sequence for reference.

One thing I really hope for with The Batman, a legit acknowledgement of Bruce's mother. In TDKT Bruce has like 3 dads, but no mother. On film in general, Bruce's mother is basically a sentient strand of pearls and the punchline to one of the worst moments in superhero flick history. :funny:

One thing I really hope for with The Batman, a legit acknowledgement of Bruce's mother. In TDKT Bruce has like 3 dads, but no mother. On film in general, Bruce's mother is basically a sentient strand of pearls and the punchline to one of the worst moments in superhero flick history. :funny:

But you know what movie she was important? :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"