Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right and I can see that. WB is ok with having him back but Cavill might be like "Great, now pay me Gal Gadot money and give me a pass at the script and we're good," and WB is laughing at it.

But honestly, if thats the kind of stalemate they're at then they SHOULD just recast him and just be done with it already! Get a new Superman. The hardcore Snyder people are going to revolt but everyone is begging for a new Superman movie one way or the other. a KAL-EL Superman movie not all these weird ass offshoots they're doing.

You're probably right and I can see that. WB is ok with having him back but Cavill might be like "Great, now pay me Gal Gadot money and give me a pass at the script and we're good," and WB is laughing at it.

But honestly, if thats the kind of stalemate they're at then they SHOULD just recast him and just be done with it already! Get a new Superman. The hardcore Snyder people are going to revolt but everyone is begging for a new Superman movie one way or the other. a KAL-EL Superman movie not all these weird ass offshoots they're doing.
Exactly and that's what I'm confused by them keep drawing it out and dropping hints/cameos with the Cavill version (sans an actual Cavill appearance) back.

Maybe Cavill has dirt on someone or something. But I feel like the new regime might put an end to this.

Sure Snyder-ites might get mad but last time they bent down for them they got the Snyder Cut which, I guess debatably, wasn't that much of a success financially. They don't matter much

Last edited:
What's the earliest a Superman movie could be made? 2025? 12 years after MOS. I'd seriously watch the s' out of a bunch of Batman and Superman team ups but like everything else with this genre and real world constraints it's not going to happen.

I still remember the one-two-punch of Thor and First Avenger during the summer of 2011. I was so exited to be actually getting Thor and Cap on the big screen! Ah good times...

I also remember when these promo images first hit the interwebs. Exciting times to be a Marvel fan...

thor_promo.jpg

49983702871_c521de5824_b.jpg

2 of my favorite origin films in the Genre underrated like a mother******

Yeah, First Avenger aged like fine wine

Avengers unfortunately aged like milk, in terms of cinematography, and the director poisoning the well with his bulls***
But the theater experience for Avengers will forever be etched in my memory, felt like being at the nerd superbowl

So let me ask you guys something because quite frankly i trust y'alls wisdom more than these scoopers. These scoopers are all saying this thing between WB and Cavill is all about money but I'm wondering...does WB even want Cavill? Is that the real problem here? Setting aside my bias for a moment because I am a big fan of Cavill/ Snyder's Superman...objectively it was very divisive overall so I'm wondering if its not so much negotiations as ....WB just isnt sure they even want Cavill back at all. Idk, what do you guys think?

it has to be the $$ while i'm a big Cavill fan myself he is not a box office draw like he thinks he is
imo he was banking that the Witcher would propel him into another level. While it was good the show didn't hit like he thought it would and he negotiated himself out of the role.

WB is at fault too for not doing MOS 2

Well Love & Thunder is definitely my new favorite Thor movie. By a lot.

But I can see how it’s gonna be way TOO Taika for a lot of people.

Also it took 11 years but I’m finally shipping Thor/Jane. :funny:
Oh, goodie. Glad you enjoyed it. We've felt the same on a lot of movies this year, so that's a good sign for me :D

Thor 1 and 2 are both movies I can go the rest of my existence without thinking twice about, and Ragnarok is one of my favorite MCU movies. So everything I’ve heard so far just keeps getting me more excited. I mean, sure too much of one thing can be a bad thing, but I trust Taika, he’s earned it from me.

First Avenger up through rescuing the soldiers from the camp is great. First Avenger after that point feels like a mad dash to get to Avengers, and it really failed to make me care about Bucky.

The First Avenger is top 5 MCU material in my book.
But the theater experience for Avengers will forever be etched in my memory, felt like being at the nerd superbowl
Still look back fondly on the whole theater laughing hysterically at Loki getting wrecked.

First Avenger up through rescuing the soldiers from the camp is great. First Avenger after that point feels like a mad dash to get to Avengers, and it really failed to make me care about Bucky.
Sounds about in line with the way I feel about most of the phase one stuff. Everything I liked about them is mostly independent of the crossover winks and nods.

The First Avenger doesn’t get talked about enough in my book.

Right up there with Batman 89, Begins and Raimi’s first Spider-Man as far as origin movies.
The First Avenger is half of a very good movie. The problem is once the rescue happens, it cuts it's own legs off to race to the modern times. "Let's hear it for Captain America" and Bucky falling off the side of the train is 13 minutes a part. What happens in that time? Cap suits up, Peggy gets jealous, and a montage. It's almost like, "why rescue him". :funny:

Last edited:
My top 10 before Love and Thunder (and I doubt i'll change but we'll see)

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Avengers: Endgame
3. Captain America: The First Avenger
4. Black Panther
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. The Avengers
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
10. Iron Man

I can never turn down a good ranking

1. The Winter Soldier
2. Infinity War
3. Ragnarok
4. Endgame
5. Iron Man
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. Avengers
8. Shang Chi
9. Black Panther
10. GOTG 2

There has been a lot of downplaying of MOM's box office and a seeming, "downward trend" for the MCU box office.

Well, here are the amount for all these flicks without China (note the MCU is releasing right now without China, Russia, and Ukraine):

VJCEK2Z.jpg

MrPzJjY.jpg

That's a 400m increase for Strange, which also didn't have the Middle East. Still doing the business.

I don’t understand the people thinking there’s a financial downward trend for the MCU. These things are always gonna pump out cash till they suddenly don’t.

now if you want to touch upon the level of quality/consistency in MCU films post endgame, I can understand that.

I'm sorry I had to laugh at Grace Randolph's latest video, her top 10 of 2022 where accused MoM of having shameless fan service when SHE was one of the big scoopers thats was constantly pushing the "Tom Cruise will play Tony Stark" narrative. THAT would have been pointless, shameless fanservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"