Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Thor 1. It's not perfect, it's not something I ever get the urge to watch and it looks really cheap, but it's an enjoyable ride with some fun performances and moments. And for someone who had no interest in Thor before the movie, it did make me like the character.

I also think Jane and Thor had some of best chemistry compared to a lot of blockbusters. Even though they only knew each other for a short time. I really felt like these were 2 people really attracted to each other's looks and personalities rather than "Oh they just like each other because the movie/story told them too". That did leave in The Dark World though...
*cough* Man of Steel Lois/Clark*cough*

Oh sorry I drank my tea too fast.

lmfao not even close.

To each their own but MoS had no chemistry between any of the characters. Never did I believe that Lois and Clark liked each other than the fact that movie made them like each other
Perhaps I’m reading her post wrong but I think Lily Adler was actually reacting to your, “Oh they just like each other because the movie/story told them too" part of your post and was bringing up Man Of Steel as a example of superhero couples without any chemistry, Madvillainy.

I really felt like these were 2 people really attracted to each other's looks and personalities rather than "Oh they just like each other because the movie/story told them too"..
Or we've seen them paired countless times in other media.

I still remember the one-two-punch of Thor and First Avenger during the summer of 2011. I was so exited to be actually getting Thor and Cap on the big screen! Ah good times...

I also remember when these promo images first hit the interwebs. Exciting times to be a Marvel fan...

thor_promo.jpg

49983702871_c521de5824_b.jpg

With the rumor of what happens in Flash, that'd be surprising.

But in any case, just end this iteration of Superman. This whole "is he coming back or not" thing is just silly at this point. MoS will be 10 next year, JL is 5 years old this November.

I don't see why bring him back. But either do it or dont. The teasing is unnecessary

Last edited:
I still remember the one-two-punch of Thor and First Avenger during the summer of 2011. I was so exited to be actually getting Thor and Cap on the big screen! Ah good times...

I also remember when these promo images first hit the interwebs. Exciting times to be a Marvel fan...

thor_promo.jpg

49983702871_c521de5824_b.jpg
My favorite moment of the build up to those movies, was searching for the Thor SDCC footage.

But in any case, just end this iteration of Superman. This whole "is he coming back or not" thing is just silly at this point. MoS will be 10 next year, JL is 5 years old this November.

I don't see why bring him back. But either do it or dont. I don't get the teasing
If this does indeed happen again, it's them buying time imo. They want to have a Superman around, but they don't want to pay/invest in Cavill. So this is their way around it until they get another boy scout.

I want the DCEU Superman to appear in more things in shadow/headless than actual Cavill Superman appearances. This would be 3 to 3.

So let me ask you guys something because quite frankly i trust y'alls wisdom more than these scoopers. These scoopers are all saying this thing between WB and Cavill is all about money but I'm wondering...does WB even want Cavill? Is that the real problem here? Setting aside my bias for a moment because I am a big fan of Cavill/ Snyder's Superman...objectively it was very divisive overall so I'm wondering if its not so much negotiations as ....WB just isnt sure they even want Cavill back at all. Idk, what do you guys think?

I’d imagine it’s a case of WB would take him back, but not nearly enough to give into his supposed financial demands

I don't see why bring him back. But either do it or dont. The teasing is unnecessary
Yeah, getting a bit silly at this point.

Well Love & Thunder is definitely my new favorite Thor movie. By a lot.

But I can see how it’s gonna be way TOO Taika for a lot of people.

Also it took 11 years but I’m finally shipping Thor/Jane. :funny:
You can't just say these things when you know I can read them, FC. :argh:

:o :D :mrk:

Well Love & Thunder is definitely my new favorite Thor movie. By a lot.

But I can see how it’s gonna be way TOO Taika for a lot of people.

Also it took 11 years but I’m finally shipping Thor/Jane. :funny:
Glad you enjoyed it! 15 and a half hours left for me.

Feels like Taika actively tries to be TOO-Taika for a bunch of people.

Really hoping Portman comes off well in this after the rubbish material she got before.

So let me ask you guys something because quite frankly i trust y'alls wisdom more than these scoopers. These scoopers are all saying this thing between WB and Cavill is all about money but I'm wondering...does WB even want Cavill? Is that the real problem here? Setting aside my bias for a moment because I am a big fan of Cavill/ Snyder's Superman...objectively it was very divisive overall so I'm wondering if its not so much negotiations as ....WB just isnt sure they even want Cavill back at all. Idk, what do you guys think?
I think it's this: WB wouldn't mind having Cavill back...but none of his movies hit like that. He has a good cult fanbase but not enough to support bringing him back. You have to think MoS already a 220 mill budget, I can't see a studio doing a movie for less starring him. Margot Robbie is in a somewhat similar spot. But at least, in theory, you can do a Harley movie for cheaper if Robbie accepts a paycut. It's not the same with Superman necessarily. Even a "cheap" Superman movie needs a fairly big budget.

And there was the rumor that Cavill wanted more creative control. Not sure if that's true but just brining up for the sake of convo. If that's true for sure WB laughed him out the door. He's not RDJ, Hemsworth, Cruise, Denzel Washington, Michael B Jordan, Momoa, Larson, Gadot where his movies made enough to be making demands like that.

Basically I'm sure WB would like him back, but there's no evidence that he's worth the money.

He should be fine with being god to the geeks and having The Witcher and now potentially Argyle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"