Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason it's high on my list is the setting I'm a sucker for 1940's NY :hrt: and someone who doesn't get talked about enough in that movie is Tommy Lee Jones he was good got to appreciate when u get good Tommy Lee Jones lol
Chester Phillips is one of my favorite one-and-done MCU characters, not counting his non-speaking animated cameo in the Captain Carter episode of What If?

HzUA.gif

Captain America TFA made me realize it's not that hard to do a Superman movie that's earnest and not edgy and yet....
Yeah, Cap led the MCU from the front as an earnest character, the ultimate proof it can be done and that modern audiences still want a bit of that. They want the wit of RDJ Stark but there's room for this type of hero too, and also many long-time fans want this as standard in their Superman as the quintessential heroic character.

Something unpleasant dawned on me this morning

sony loves to be late with trends, and with all the Guns N’ Roses love the new Thor movie is spreading around, I would be willing to be a good amount of imaginary internet points that the first Kraven trailer is gonna use Welcome To The Jungle

sony loves to be late with trends, and with all the Guns N’ Roses love the new Thor movie is spreading around, I would be willing to be a good amount of imaginary internet points that the first Kraven trailer is gonna use Welcome To The Jungle

Without question they will do it... they even made it the subtitle for the Jumanji movie.

I would be severely disappointed if they didnt do that.

I want the Mjolnir popcorn bucket. I heard that you can order food a head of time but I still cant find it. :( However, I did notice that after 8PM Lowes is doing a 17 and over policy unless accompanied by an adult. Never saw that before.

I'm glad that I got the Batman tin bucket from Cinemark, those things usually sell out before Friday shows up.

Yeah the obsession with Peggy bothers me
The end of Cap was touching, yes, but I don't like him being hung up on her for the next 80 years
Would've been much happier if they had developed his relationship with Sharon more and he settled down with her at the end
Yeah it was too much.

I think earlier Sharon was supposed to be bigger. I remember reading they were looking at Anna Kendrick, Alison Brie, Felicity Jones for the role. While they weren't huge huge stars (Kendrick did have an Oscar nom) they were bigger than VanCamp who really only had roles in 1 oft forgotten show and then she was on that show Revenge. Also I know Sharon was in the early concept art for the Airport fight.

Yeah it dips later in the film but young Steve and Peggy were great. Haha, I wanted the opposite and would have loved more modern day Cap movies as it feels like we only got Winter Solider while Civil War was really an overall MCU event film not focusing all that much on Cap's direct issues.
I love TWS too, but I just think a lot was missed in the WWII years. Especially with the montage over actually giving it time.

I love TWS too, but I just think a lot was missed in the WWII years. Especially with the montage over actually giving it time.
The montage was a bit of a rush. Some of that stuff would have been good to see properly play out. I think the relationship between Cap and the others and particularly the Bucky from back then needed more, and that would have paid off even more in TWS.

Chester Phillips is one of my favorite one-and-done MCU characters, not counting his non-speaking animated cameo in the Captain Carter episode of What If?
Really enjoyed TLJ as well.

My favorite one and done, not counting cameos, MCU character is still Ho Yinsen.
latest

Still is also the saddest MCU death to me too. Maybe the saddest in all SH movies
Tony: "C'mon you're gonna go see your family."
Yinsen: "My family is dead. I'm going to see them now"

mvoikGN.gif

Captain America TFA made me realize it's not that hard to do a Superman movie that's earnest and not edgy and yet....
Not difficult at all.

In fact Supes should be easier because he may not be RDJ Stark, Spidey, or Deadpool but he's more personable than MCU's Cap.

But here we are

Last edited:
The montage was a bit of a rush. Some of that stuff would have been good to see properly play out. I think the relationship between Cap and the others and particularly the Bucky from back then needed more, and that would have paid off even more in TWS.
Oh yeah for sure. I like Bucky and Sebastian Stan but because we don't spend too much time with him all the stuff in Civil War and to a lesser extent TWS feels pretty forced imo.

They didn't make us care about Bucky enough imo

Very interesting art :up:

Enjoy the film!

Thanks Iceman :)

I will...hehe.
Reading all the positive feedback on Thor's forum (especially from you and HammerDown who probably are the two most passionate Thor fans that I ever know of on this forum) makes me optimist and believe that I will also love it tomorrow.

Very excited and hyped :)

I got to see Thor today. Not a top 10 mcu for me, but really fun, really solid and imo clearly the best Thor movie yet.

Really enjoyed TLJ as well.

My favorite one and done, not counting cameos, MCU character is still Ho Yinsen.
latest

Still is also the saddest MCU death to me too. Maybe the saddest in all SH movies
Tony: "C'mon you're gonna go see your family."
Yinsen: "My family is dead. I'm going to see them now"

mvoikGN.gif

Yeah there's not enough love and fanfare for Yinsen.
I can't remember if it was on here or Reddit but someone had an idea of after Tony did his snap in Endgame, Yinsen shows up in his "soul world" to tell him that he's done well, that his life wasn't wasted and that he can rest now. That would have been an awesome callback. It also might have made more sense than what they originally planned with Tony seeing a future version of his daughter after the snap.

I can't remember if it was on here or Reddit but someone had an idea of after Tony did his snap in Endgame, Yinsen shows up in his "soul world" to tell him that he's done well, that his life wasn't wasted and that he can rest now. That would have been an awesome callback. It also might have made more sense than what they originally planned with Tony seeing a future version of his daughter after the snap.
Damn...now I'm mad that didn't happen.

That would've been really really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Link

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member