Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Cap...I think it is quite a missed opportunity that we didnt get to spend more time in the WWII period.

There was a lot of elements that can be explored during that period.

Iron Man had 2 movies before we get to the Avengers...I kinda wish we also had 2 Cap movies set in the WW period before we get into the modern era. I agree that they kinda rushed it during the 3rd act of First Avenger to quickly jump into the Avengers.

But I know that time and budget doesnt warrant any of that...haha. (considering the state of Marvel Studios during phase 1 prior to Disney acqusition)

Just hope they get really good fight choreographers and stuntmen for the show.

Nothing has topped Daredevil yet. Not expecting it as gritty, but still something along the lines of FAWS would be great!

Oh yeah for sure. I like Bucky and Sebastian Stan but because we don't spend too much time with him all the stuff in Civil War and to a lesser extent TWS feels pretty forced imo.

They didn't make us care about Bucky enough imo
Both Stan and Bucky did a good job of it afterwards making me care about the relationship but it would have been much easier and better if the history had properly been established in front of us in the film that takes place in the past. Guess this is one case where making a film without knowing what connections would be good to help the overall franchise in future films was a disadvantage.

HOT DAMN! I dont give a lick about this echo character but I will def be tuning in now to watch these legends return!

And apparently DD' s searching for Jessica Jones. Ritter is DEFINITELY coming back as well. No question.

Now Echo is about to be the highest viewed D+ all of a sudden :funny:

Sounds like we’ll get to see Murdock suited up! Cant wait to see his updated costume, hopefully its more crimson colored than his Netflix one.

Last edited:
Speaking of Cap...I think it is quite a missed opportunity that we didnt get to spend more time in the WWII period.

There was a lot of elements that can be explored during that period.

Iron Man had 2 movies before we get to the Avengers...I kinda wish we also had 2 Cap movies set in the WW period before we get into the modern era. I agree that they kinda rushed it during the 3rd act of First Avenger to quickly jump into the Avengers.

But I know that time and budget doesnt warrant any of that...haha. (considering the state of Marvel Studios during phase 1 prior to Disney acqusition)
2 films in that era would have been good and then more in the modern day era too. Shame that actors age or want to move on as there is a limited window to get a few out of many potentially great projects done.

So I’m guessing we will see Murdock pop ip briefly in She Hulk next month and then in a more prolonged supporting role in Echo and then that will lead into his own proper rebooted series. Im just wondering what theyre going to do with the continuity of the netflix shows. Do DD and Kingpin know each other? Do they have history?

So I’m guessing we will see Murdock pop ip briefly in She Hulk next month and then in a more prolonged supporting role in Echo and then that will lead into his own proper rebooted series. Im just wondering what theyre going to do with the continuity of the netflix shows. Do DD and Kingpin know each other? Do they have history?

As far as the Netflix continuity, they’ll probably cherry-pick what they want to use for the MCU. But it would definitely be a missed opportunity if they don’t have Nelson & Murdock somewhere in She-Hulk.

Eh, his financial security via Netflix aside, he's still not in a position to make (allegedly) large demands for Superman because... he's already played the role three times and each was met by indifference from the GA. WB knows that. They're not going to overpay him for a role they're not even sure they want him to have.

It isn’t necessarily about Cavill trying to exert leverage. He could simply be saying it isn’t worth it to me unless you go bananas in terms of the paycheck. Let’s face it, the role hasn’t exactly done wonders for his reputation and they probably aren’t easy shoots. It isn’t like he is desperate for the money. And if he gets the James Bond role, continuing to play Superman would just get in the way.

I'm fine either way as long as it doesn't lead to contravening any existing MCU continuity too heavily. Knowing about these appearances and the prospect of a solo show would have been amazing to know a few years back when it looked all over.

I think we're all on the same page about Finn Jones as Iron Fist (lol) but how do y'all feel about Colter as Luke? Recast or nah?

That Cox and D'Onofrio rumor has been around for a long-time, but good to see it more or less confirmed

Colter never seemed to fully click in the role. He's a good actor but he just came off too... idk.. sweet and mild-mannered for Luke Cage most of the time. So him, Danny, and Colleen could all be recast imo. I liked the woman playing Misty way more than I cared for Henwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"