Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think either this or NWH are the best Phase 4 movie so far. There is maybe a tad too many jokes, but there is also a lot of emotional and dramatic weight here and their use of the Marvel Cosmology was sublime. This movie was just awesome

There was maybe one or two jokes that went on where I was like “Ok Taika, let’s reign it in” and the Korg luster seems to be wearing off a bit, but most of the humor hit for me. The Thor and Jane stuff really provided the heart of the movie, was nice seeing those two reconnect after all this time.

There was maybe one or two jokes that went on where I was like “Ok Taika, let’s reign it in” and the Korg luster seems to be wearing off a bit, but most of the humor hit for me. The Thor and Jane stuff really provided the heart of the movie, was nice seeing those two reconnect after all this time.
I felt like that with Ragnarok too on the jokes front. Taika’s always treading the line of fine if you stop now and too much. I often have recency bias so it’s a compliment to Ragnarok that I can still see a bunch of areas where Ragnarok is better, but this is also better in a bunch of ways. I prefer Valkyrie here to her prior appearances and with the addition of Portman as a convincing Thor it’s another great Taika Thor-and-friends adventure and I’d be up for another.

This has better emotional moments than Ragnarok and those were left free of jokes unlike in Ragnarok.

I felt like that with Ragnarok too on the jokes front. Taika’s always treading the line of fine if you stop now and too much. I often have recency bias so it’s a compliment to Ragnarok that I can still see a bunch of areas where Ragnarok is better, but this is also better in a bunch of ways. I prefer Valkyrie here to her prior appearances and with the addition of Portman as a convincing Thor it’s another great Taika Thor-and-friends adventure and I’d be up for another.

This has better emotional moments than Ragnarok and those were left free of jokes unlike in Ragnarok.

I want to watch this again before making a judgment between it and Ragnarok. But I would say Ragnarok had better overall comedy, but this movie maybe wins on emotional/dramatic elements. There were a lot of scenes here where I was getting a bit misty. I would also say as much as I loved Hela, Gorr was a better villain. He is in it less, but he was aces when he was there. Ragnarok was the best sequel to Flash Gordon ever made though! So I think that wins on overall style and visuals.

It is close for me

I also want to see more of Murdock’s radar/how he sees things visually a lot more as well! We only saw it once as he was talking to Claire in S1.

I shall take my leave of this thread until Saturday night after I've seen Love and Thunder. Enjoy, folks!

thor-thumbs-up.gif

So glad to see so many fellow Hypesters enjoying Love & Thunder as I did. For a minute there I thought this was gonna be me in this thread for a while:

View attachment 57025

:hehe:
It was a blast. I think an extra 10 minutes would have helped things but a breezy 2 hours worked for what the film was

Guys i got so hyped by todays DD news that i went on ebay and bought a Hot Toys DD figure. Ive never owned a Hot Toy before and told myself they were just too expensive but…yolo. :D

Browsing the Star Wars Hot Toys, definitely makes me feel better about my SH Monsterart collection.

So glad to see so many fellow Hypesters enjoying Love & Thunder as I did. For a minute there I thought this was gonna be me in this thread for a while:

View attachment 57025

:hehe:

The lonely mountain is fun at times. [stands atop my love for Apocalypse]

Waiting for it to drop on Disney+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"