Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they need something to justify a third one after Ant-Man and Wasp was two hours of nothing.
At the time, Ant-Man and the Wasp worked as a light hearted palate cleanser after Infinity War with minimal setup outside of some quantum realm elements and the mid-credits scene but it really throws off the groove if you're marathoning the MCU in release order. I know quite a few people who saw Endgame without having seen Ant-Man and the Wasp first and they didn't feel lost at all.

What timing to talk about Ant-Man & Wasp, my friend was talking about Walt Gogging's character in that movie and how annoying he is. I guess he was supposed to be a fun villain, but I just wanted him to be met with Joker's treatment of Jason Todd*.

*Not the Arkham Knight version.

What timing to talk about Ant-Man & Wasp, my friend was talking about Walt Gogging's character in that movie and how annoying he is. I guess he was supposed to be a fun villain, but I just wanted him to be met with Joker's treatment of Jason Todd*.

*Not the Arkham Knight version.
I don't even count Goggins's character in AMATW to even be a true villain. He's more of a glorified henchman.

At the time, Ant-Man and the Wasp worked as a light hearted palate cleanser after Infinity War with minimal setup outside of some quantum realm elements and the mid-credits scene but it really throws off the groove if you're marathoning the MCU in release order. I know quite a few people who saw Endgame without having seen Ant-Man and the Wasp first and they didn't feel lost at all.

It was still a 90 minute movie stretched into 2 hours. "Palette cleanser" is a silly argument.

It was still a 90 minute movie stretched into 2 hours. "Palette cleanser" is a silly argument.
I'm not arguing anything. Whether or not it was stretched out has nothing to do with the overall tone of the movie.

The video version of Feige’s Daredevil comments.

Ignoring the fact Amy Pascal’s hair looks like she just got electrocuted by Electro, her knowing laugh while Feige says when Cox makes his DD return remains to be seen while their promoting DD pretty much tells us all we need to know about when we will see Cox return as DD. Which is as soon as next week in that Spider-Man movie that you may have heard about.

@Spider-Fan do you think I’m right or am I simply reading too much into Pascal’s laugh?

What in the Sideshow Bob. Amy, what the hell going on? Someone needs a new stylist :funny:

If Feige screws around and gives us Shadowland, I’ll probably faint.

Is it just me or do I get the sense of vibes of Alex Forrest from Amy's current look?

I dont see much purpose in bringing Cox back, but tossing out the show. The reason he and Vincent would be brought back is because fans loved the show, so it would be dumb to me to bring them back and then make those same fans mad by tossing out the show. If you are trying to bank of the shows popularity, then just go the whole way with it. It is what the fans largely want anyway

But that said, I am expecting the continuity to be dealt in vague terms. Probably will never directly reference events in the show, but may say vague things like "I thought Fisk was in prison" or stuff like that.
You're probably right, but I'll be the fool who hopes for the equivalent of season 4 on Disney+. I know, I'm a fool.

I suspect the rationale for not necessarily bringing the entire show into canon is that they may wanna reboot/recast certain properties that weren't as well received at a later date (*cough* Iron Fist *cough*).

I just hope Bernthal is among those who return.

Sony is just leaking NWH stuff left and right. First it was the Andrew Garfield footage, Campea’s two watermarked photos and now Giacchino’s score OST is out in the wilderness.

Might as well confirm the Worst Kept Secret in Hollywood.
Just do it Sony!

I suspect the rationale for not necessarily bringing the entire show into canon is that they may wanna reboot/recast certain properties that weren't as well received at a later date (*cough* Iron Fist *cough*).

I just hope Bernthal is among those who return.
Bernthal is a must but he's only down to come back if his Frank isn't watered down and Disneyfied. If they're keeping Deadpool R-rated then they can do the same thing for Punisher, with the exception of him guest starring or making a cameo in a more kid-friendly hero's show/movie.

I also want Colleen Wing to be the official MCU Iron Fist and played by Jessica Henwick. @DarthSkywalker will back me up on this. According to a recent interview, she turned down a chance to be in Shang-Chi (I'm assuming she'd have played his sister) to be in The Matrix Resurrections instead. I can't really blame her since it basically would have been more of the same that she did on Iron Fist but on a higher scale but essentially negate Colleen as a character. Since Colleen was the breakout character from that show, I think it'd be a great idea for her to be brought in to the MCU properly.

Danny Rand (or at least Loras Tyrell's Danny Rand) can go kick rocks, for all I care.

I still can't get over the fact that Ant-Man of all MCU franchises is going to start playing hardball with characters like Kang and MODOK.
They got some gigantic villains from the comics. I would never eXpect those two to debut in an Ant-Man movie.

They got some gigantic villains from the comics. I would never eXpect those two to debut in an Ant-Man movie.
I'm guessing that one or both of them will be the main threat in the next Avengers movie, whenever that may be. Marvel is going to get the ball rolling on these two much like they did with Thanos. In Kang's case, it's already begun.

I'm guessing that one or both of them will be the main threat in the next Avengers movie, whenever that may be. Marvel is going to get the ball rolling on these two much like they did with Thanos. In Kang's case, it's already begun.
Thats eXciting. I want an Avenger5 before 2026.

Thats eXciting. I want an Avenger5 before 2026.
I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel kicks off Phase 5 with Avengers 5 since it won't be in the Phase 4 slate. Do we even know when Phase 4 will end anyway?

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel kicks off Phase 5 with Avengers 5 since it won't be in the Phase 4 slate. Do we even know when Phase 4 will end anyway?
  1. Phase 1 lasted 4 years (not counting the break in 2009)
  2. Phase 2 lasted 3 years (or two if you start counting from 2013-2015 instead of instantly after Avengers, your mileage may vary)
  3. Phase 3 started in 2016 and ended in 2019 (3 or 4 years)
  4. Phase 4 officially started 2020 with the shows, but it's safe to assume it will end in 2024-225 given their record (and assuming New-COVID won't cause as big an issue and we'll be ready for it)

Crazy to think that come No Way Home, we'll have had 9 MCU projects in the span of a year. The 9th MCU project in general is The Winter Solider. So much content in so little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"