Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy to think that come No Way Home, we'll have had 9 MCU projects in the span of a year. The 9th MCU project in general is The Winter Solider. So much content in so little time.
And there really wasn't much of a lull in between projects either. I think the longest was the wait between The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and Loki and even then that was less than two months. They certainly made up for 2020 being a lost year.

Given almost no Marvel character has kept the same costume for more than one or two appearances (Vision is the only one who immediately jumps out to me), Daredevil getting a new suit with a bigger design budget is a guarantee.

Bernthal is a must but he's only down to come back if his Frank isn't watered down and Disneyfied. If they're keeping Deadpool R-rated then they can do the same thing for Punisher, with the exception of him guest starring or making a cameo in a more kid-friendly hero's show/movie.

I also want Colleen Wing to be the official MCU Iron Fist and played by Jessica Henwick. @DarthSkywalker will back me up on this. According to a recent interview, she turned down a chance to be in Shang-Chi (I'm assuming she'd have played his sister) to be in The Matrix Resurrections instead. I can't really blame her since it basically would have been more of the same that she did on Iron Fist but on a higher scale but essentially negate Colleen as a character. Since Colleen was the breakout character from that show, I think it'd be a great idea for her to be brought in to the MCU properly.

Danny Rand (or at least Loras Tyrell's Danny Rand) can go kick rocks, for all I care.

Driz, if they get Henwick’s Colleen Wing back along with Simone Missick, I want a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff on Disney+. That would be dope.

Driz, if they get Henwick’s Colleen Wing back along with Simone Missick, I want a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff on Disney+. That would be dope.
That actually reminds me that outside of Daredevil, the Defenders really worked better as a team. Even Danny was more bearable and at his best when teamed with Luke.

I'm still wondering if they'll get anything but Peacemaker on HBO Max next year. (Not including former DC Universe, Epix carryovers or animated)

Meanwhile Fantastic Four fans who are waiting on any news on any new content:

tumblr_oncly6T9gs1tkb2p0o1_500.gifv

Last edited:
It truly has been a great time to be a Spider-Man fan as of late. 2016 was a pretty significant turning point with Civil War, but in 2018 it really started to boom again with Spider-Man PS4 and Spider-Verse.

spidey-dance.gif
You Spider-Man fans are so spoiled. I can’t help but feel a bit of jealously. :argh:

It truly has been a great time to be a Spider-Man fan as of late. 2016 was a pretty significant turning point with Civil War, but in 2018 it really started to boom again with Spider-Man PS4 and Spider-Verse.

spidey-dance.gif

While Batman (the Burton movies, the Adam West show reruns and Batman TAS) was my intro into the world of superheroes, Spiderman was the first character i fell in love with as a kid. I found myself in Peter Parker and connected in a way i couldnt with Batman.

The character has had a rough go of it in the late 2000s. The year 2007 specifically specifically nearly obliterated my love for the character with the crushing disappointment of SM3 and the finishing blow of One More Day in the comic books. That was a major jumping off point for me. And then a couple of years later Spectacular Spiderman was cancelled in favor for that Ultimate Spiderman garbage. I feel like after that the character took a backseat for a while.

So yeah it feels good that he’s seeing a big multimedia resurgence this way. I havent felt good being a spiderman fan in a long long time.

I was watching Spider-Man 3 the other day, and I was laughing at the scene where Peter asks Harry for help after he horrifically disfigured his face. I know it’s not supposed to be funny but what makes Peter think there’s a chance in hell he’d help him after that and the fact he tried to kill him two times already and the damage to his face he caused.

Here’s my random thoughts:

When Harry forces Mary Jane to break up with Peter to save his wife, why does Mary Jane need to do this? She knows her boyfriend has literal superpowers so why would she need to do this.

After he gives up the symbiote the first time, why does Peter need the symbiote a second time to fight Harry? He doesn’t even need it. He could’ve kicked his butt without the symbiote strength augmentation. Which is why I think Peter’s realization that the suit bringing out the worse in him comes too early in the movie. My rewrite wouldn’t have him realize the suit is bad, or takes it off until after he hits Mary Jane. Him taking it off the first time after he lashes out at his landlord is shouldn’t have happened, and is dramatically premature.

When Harry regains his memory, and there’s the shot of Harry’s face as we hear Dafoe’s voice over about attacking his heart did anyone notice how Franco slightly raises his eyebrow? For some reason that always made me laugh.

Why does Peter let Sandman go? I get it’s out of an act of forgiveness, but Sandman is still a criminal and he needs to be locked up.

Mary Jane’s whole story about her being upset about bad reviews is contrived, and is just there for the sake of drama.

Why does Gwen Stacy visit Harry Osborn’s funeral? She didn’t even know him. Now it’s to my understanding that it was originally supposed to be Gwen who was kidnapped by Venom, but that was changed to Mary Jane getting kidnapped again. So perhaps originally she visited the funeral to pay respects to the Harry who was originally saved her from Venom but it’s so weird they still had Gwen visit the funeral despite having no preexisting relationship with him.

All and all, despite some major issues this movie is still fun.

Last edited:

spidey-dance.gif
It's basically been non-stop consistency at least once a year starting with Civil War. The fact that we even got something in 2020 is impressive.

2016 - Civil War
2017 - Homecoming
2018 - Infinity War, Spider-Man PS4, Into the Spider-Verse
2019 - Endgame, Far From Home
2020 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales
2021 - No Way Home, and I guess you can also count the What If? Zombie episode in there too since Spidey was a main focal point

And it doesn't look like it's stopping anytime soon with Across the Spider-Verse next year and Freshman Year and the Spider-Man 2 game in 2023.

Looks like there will not be a third No Way Home trailer after all:

As I said before in another thread, when it’s all said and done I do think we’ll see Tobey and Andrew in critics tv spots two weeks after the movie comes out. But one thing is for sure, we will not see them in any marketing before the film comes out in many territories this year.

Which makes me feel bad for folks in countries like Japan, China and the Philippines, who won’t be getting the film until a month from now, and by the that time footage of Maguire and Garfield will already be out there. It’s one to avoid social media for a couple days before you see the movie to avoid spoilers, but trying imagining having a social media blackout for a month in order to see the movie as fresh as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back