Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is that Corey Stoll(who previously played Yellowjacket) is apparently playing M.O.D.O.K in Ant-Man 3.

Months ago, Evangeline Lilly did put Corey Stoll in a hashtag on her Instagram post announcing she got the script to Ant-Man 3, which lead many to assume she was teasing his return as Yellowjacket but if this rumor is true, it seems it was actually for a different role.

Word is that Corey Stoll(who previously played Yellowjacket) is apparently playing M.O.D.O.K in Ant-Man 3.

Months ago, Evangeline Lilly did put Corey Stoll in a hashtag on her Instagram post announcing she got the script to Ant-Man 3, which lead many to assume she was teasing his return as Yellowjacket but if this rumor is true, it seems it was actually for a different role.
Not sure I like that idea. I thought Stoll was severely underused in Ant-Man but at the same time I don't want Darren Cross to become MODOK.

Not sure I like that idea. I thought Stoll was severely underused in Ant-Man but at the same time I don't want Darren Cross to become MODOK.

It sorta makes sense from a narrative standpoint to have the #2 baddie be a guy to whom we've already been introduced. Cross can already be all Modoky when Kang fishes him out of the Quantum realm. And with all the legacies the MCU is feeding us we can expect Cross to bequeath his flying chair to Tarleton in a future show on Disney Plus.

Cross was basically a cartoon character, so him being MODOK isn't a huge jump, I guess. I don't know, I'm not really a fan of the character being used in live action anyway. He seems too ridiculous.

I guess a positive would be I hope that means AIM is back and we get to see the Beekeeper suits. That'd be a perfect fit for an Ant-Man movie.

1467726244-ant-man-yellowjacket-thomas-the-tank-engine.gif

One benefit to having Cross be MODOK is we avoid having another Peyton Reed origin story. No momentum destroying mini-movie like we got with Ghost!

Peyton Reed worked on completing an Edgar Wright story for the first Ant-Man, but I honestly think he did more in making that movie than we might believe. I don't know if Edgar Wright had any intention of making his movie a pseudo-sequel to Tower Heist, I have my doubts he had that in mind.

I think I can compare Peyton Reed to Jon Favreau when it comes to their MCU direction bouncing from a cohesive movie 1 to jumbled movie 2, except that Iron Man 2 works for me much better than Ant-Man and the Wasp did.

It’s really sad that in my lifetime I will never get to see Tom Holland’s Spider-Man share the same screen with Tobey and Andrew’s Spider-Man just like it’s really sad that this movie won’t end up being the highest grossing film of the year domestically and internationally. :o

It sorta makes sense from a narrative standpoint to have the #2 baddie be a guy to whom we've already been introduced. Cross can already be all Modoky when Kang fishes him out of the Quantum realm. And with all the legacies the MCU is feeding us we can expect Cross to bequeath his flying chair to Tarleton in a future show on Disney Plus.
I suppose it makes sense. I'd just rather Tarleton be MODOK in the MCU, or at least the original one.
Cross was basically a cartoon character, so him being MODOK isn't a huge jump, I guess. I don't know, I'm not really a fan of the character being used in live action anyway. He seems too ridiculous.
We passed the ridiculous threshold in the MCU a long time ago.

tumblr_pvhj1twR3g1qi0pl0o5_r1_540.gifv

intro-1564582539.jpg

shang-chi-morris.gif

MODOK will fit right in.

We passed the ridiculous threshold in the MCU a long time ago.

tumblr_pvhj1twR3g1qi0pl0o5_r1_540.gifv

intro-1564582539.jpg

shang-chi-morris.gif

MODOK will fit right in.
I mean I wouldn't put any of those in the same kind of category of ridiculous as I would MODOK, especially visually which is more what I'm getting at than anything else.

If they can make it work, cool.
Love this.

I mean I wouldn't put any of those in the same kind of category of ridiculous as I would MODOK, especially visually which is more what I'm getting at than anything else.

If they can make it work, cool.
I meant that if audiences have largely accepted all the ridiculous stuff we've seen in the MCU over the years, I doubt that MODOK will be crossing a line.

I love me some Giacchino but I'm kind of bummed Mark Mothersbaugh isn't coming back. I really liked his Ragnarok score.

Interesting. Taika must've really liked working with him on Jojo Rabbit. Shame Mothersbaugh isn't coming back, I liked his score for Ragnarok, but Giacchino is my favorite in the business right now, so can't complain too much.

Guess he's aiming Elfman's record of scoring the most CBMs :hehe:

Had zero idea a Wonder Woman game was even in development. Looks heavily movie inspired.

I don’t think there were rumours about it till this reveal. Really glad she’s getting a game and hope it’s as good as the Arkham/Spider-Man games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"