Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t see that one coming.

If they get it right this could be like Wondy of War so to speak.

I'm personally not hyped for a game by Monolith, cause I haven't played one of their products.

Not going to start now, so apologies to anyone with an idea to suggest one of their games to me.
shang-chi-morris.gif

MODOK will fit right in.
tumblr_ppqo0jJKCr1srnlom_540.jpg

Wow, that Wonder Woman game announcement came out of nowhere. Cool. Can only hope for the best.

I haven't touched it in over a decade, but I always remember the first movie tie in game for the Fantastic Four being a fun game. Have a lot of fond memories playing that game with my cousins.

I miss the old days of good movie tie in games. Shrek 2: The Game is still some top tier stuff.

In terms of DC games, even though we saw basically nothing from it, I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman more than Suicide Squad or Arkham Knights.

Still the best Superman game to date...
1542938962-274747833.png
It's heinous that it's been almost 30 years since the last good Superman game. The closest that they came was the Superman Returns game, which was still not good at all but it could have been so much better if they had completely scrapped the idea of it being a movie tie-in. If they had taken their time and taken more inspiration from the comics with better villains and more polished graphics, it could have done for Superman what Arkham Asylum did for Batman. Their heads were in the right place by making it open world as well as the idea of Metropolis having a health bar as opposed to Superman considering he's damn near invincible, but then they went and made the final boss of the game an effing tornado. :dry:

Really excited for this Wonder Woman game, hope it works out.

On the superhero games front, I was recently gifted the 2018 Spider-Man game. Can't believe I'm the first person to ever say it, but it's pretty fun so far. :o

I cannot say I am super stoked for the Wonder Woman game at this stage. It was only an announcement and I gotta see gameplay and such. But I will play it.

I cannot say I am super stoked for the Wonder Woman game at this stage. It was only an announcement and I gotta see gameplay and such. But I will play it.
You will be hyped like Metroid fans were to that logo! :argh:

You will be hyped like Metroid fans were to that logo! :argh:

Announcement trailers usually do little for me. Usually if they do, it's for a sequel. Like Spider-Man 2 got me super stoked, but same day Wolverine when announced did not. I gotta see game play

Speaking of Spidey, Vudu's having a massive Spider-man sale right now. Just got the entire series of The Best Spidey Show (Spectacular Spider-Man) for $16. Since I've already rewatched most of the live-action Spider-Man flicks fairly recently, this will be my NWH prep. :word:

Writers Guilds of America have released WGA’s list of 101 Greatest
Screenplays
of the 21st Century. This list includes:

26. The Dark Knight (2008)
Screenplay by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, Story by Christopher Nolan & David S.
Goyer, Based Upon Characters Appearing in Comic Books Published by DC Comic, Batman Created by Bob Kane

57. Black Panther (2018)
Written by Ryan Coogler & Joe Robert Cole, Based on the Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby

71. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
Screenplay by Phil Lord and Rodney Rothman, Story by Phil Lord, Based on the Marvel Comics

101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (*so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"