Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was personally done with the show when they would introduce a character with interesting powers and then just feed them to Sylar on the same episode.

Like dude who could make the portals and Sylar just killed him and took his power all within the 60 mins.

I loved Zachary Quinto, but not as much as Kring did.

Yeah, that was a huge problem; so often when they came up with new and interesting powers (which isn’t always easy to do with superheroes) Sylar would just kill them and take their mojo. It got so repetitive.

Also, sending Hiro back in time in season 2 to team up with white Samurai guy was absolutely terrible. That was the first sign that things were going downhill FAST.

On the topic of heroes I’m going to give a hot hot hot take, Heroes made me realize how bad of a writer Jeph Loeb is and i think….he never was. I think Loeb is one of those comic book writers whose scripts got propped up by the artists hes worked with.

Yes, y’all, Im including Long Halloween. Its a fine story but i dont think it was ever a very sophisticatedly written piece. Every issue had the same beat “Today is a April Fools Day…July 4th..Labor Day… etc” and then throw in a Batman rogue for him to fight to give Tim Sale an excuse to draw cool splash pages. The recent animated film I actually think did it much better than the book.

Thats right y’all, hot take Tuesday from Kguillou, come at me. :o

I was done with Loeb when it was discussed that he didn't want Madame Gao and Nobu to have more storylines in Daredevil and then how tone deaf he was about the Iron Fist casting.

So yeah I'm with you.

It is a pity that while some of the Netflix shows are getting love from Feige, the Freeform/Hulu shows are being ignored.

Man, do I want Cloak and Dagger back.

I never cared much for Cloak and Dagger but I liked their crossover team up episode in Runaways, which was a show that turned out better than I thought it would.

Always meant to give Runaways a watch, since it gave me mutant vibes and that Liz Hurley is in it. Was she any good on the show?

Always meant to give Runaways a watch, since it gave me mutant vibes and that Liz Hurley is in it. Was she any good on the show?
She was one of the more memorable parts of the show. It's nothing spectacular but if you're ever looking to kill some time by watching all the Marvel shows like I did, it's not bad.

I don’t like y’all. Got me reminiscing about Heroes and Monica doing the 619 like Rey Mysterio.

I was so hyped when I saw this LOL.

Glad to report Multiverse of Madness more than stands up to repeat viewings. Lizzie Olsen killed it and Strange himself was far more interesting in the sequel compared to his first movie.

Some absolutely stunning sequences in the movie. And I am looking forward to see where America Chavez ends up next.

Let Sam Raimi do the 3rd movie from the ground up please Marvel.

Glad to report Multiverse of Madness more than stands up to repeat viewings. Lizzie Olsen killed it and Strange himself was far more interesting in the sequel compared to his first movie.
Stands up? To being disappointing, lame, poorly written and further cementing Strange as the worst, most dull and boring main heroic character in the MCU?

I want Jim Lee to come back so bad just to oversee the X-Men costumes. This Hellfire Gala stuff is cute, but nothing beats the 90s Blue/Gold era looks.

When was the last time Lee actually did a book? While that look is iconic for a lot of the characters, I would say that for quite a few of them, they do have better costumes.

Stands up? To being disappointing, lame, poorly written and further cementing Strange as the worst, most dull and boring main heroic character in the MCU?

Its okay for people to like movies that you don't. It isn't a personal attack.

When was the last time Lee actually did a book? While that look is iconic for a lot of the characters, I would say that for quite a few of them, they do have better costumes.

That’s a good question. I haven’t really kept up with his DC work, but I do love watching him do his sketches on YouTube.

And yeah, I do have to admit that I like the recent costumes for Jean, Storm and Nightcrawler specifically.

You know that in this world, people have different opinions than you, right? You are allowed to hate the movie, but other people are free to enjoy it.

Some absolutely stunning sequences in the movie. And I am looking forward to see where America Chavez ends up next.

Let Sam Raimi do the 3rd movie from the ground up please Marvel.
Seen it five times myself. Loved it each time. :highfive:

I'm about to blow your mind. Different people, have different opinions.

7e6f532acaeef825eb10acf8136c1dea957beb39.gifv

I'm still in for Maslany, but... sigh.....

It's going to be more Ally McBeal then I realized. :o

Nothing about the trailers made me think that we were in for Daredevil in terms of the courtroom scenes, so I'm not really surprised. But damn, does it sound hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"