Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
D’Onofrio Kingpin fought a young lady who is less than half his size and threw her across a room repeatedly in Hawkeye. I don’t think he’s lost his edge.

Some fans are reaching.

Don't forget ripping a car door off.

"But the hawaiian shirt..."
If Kingpin doesn't decapitate a man with a car door for making fun of his Hawaiian shirt in either Echo or Born Again, I'm cancelling my Disney+ subscription. :o

Just re The Rock's lack of a decent filmography considering his star status, I watched an interview from Jumanji 2 the other day where he, Hart, Black and Gillan were asked to name their favourite films of their co-stars... oh my god I've never seen anything so awkward. And it went for so long. They barely remembered anything the other people were in and then pulled things like "...Ride Along. One of the comedy classics that'll stand the test of time."
Haha, I need to see this.

Black Adam kills his enemies unlike all those other lame heroes :o

Meanwhile:
SelfreliantCriminalArieltoucan-max-1mb.gif

And its not like the DC heroes of late have been especially restrained about deadly force either, even outside the Snyder murderfests. Its just a *weird* pitch, like he's positioning the movie against a pop culture assumption that hasn't been active for like 20 years. Contributes to the sense the movie is dated.

Miller's career is over no matter what happens.

If WBD is forced to shelve Flash indefinitely, Miller will be remembered in Hollywood as box office poison whose behavior ended up costing a studio hundreds of millions of dollars. It's not like they're an A-List superstar - what other studio would realistically hire them after all this? Well maybe Sony...

And even if Flash is released and becomes a huge global hit, Miller's legal and civil issues will be so extensive that they wouldn't be available for any potential sequel within any reasonable timeframe anyway. WBD will have no choice but to recast if they want a viable franchise.

So long...

b4dd78266b7af0d57fb036d92d5cad2c.gif

Hey, careful there! You don't want to defame Grant Gustin by causing people to accidentally confuse him with Ezra Miller, the Other Worse Flash. :p

Feels like The Rock isn't going to be good at playing existing characters as he doesn't have all that much respect for the character's history and their roles in the larger stories. He wants to turn them all into himself while also making them the main character.

I think every Marvel MCU heroes kills except Spider-Man, Daredevil and possibly Ms Marvel (I didn't watch it).

Spidey and Daredevil both thought about killing/wanted to kill a villain in their show/movie as well.

Killing is less of an issue in the Marvel movies which I don't have too much of an issue with because taking every villain away in cuffs seems unlikely.

Strange explicitly refused to kill in both his movies.
Do we count aliens and/or demons here? Because if so, both Spidey and Strange have a body count. Thanos's soldiers probably had families that they never made it home to. :o

And let's not forget, Holland's Spider-Man fully intended to murder Osborn, had he not been stopped...

As far as I'm concerned, if you point a weapon and pull the trigger, it doesn't make you any less a murderer if the weapon jams...

Do we count aliens and/or demons here? Because if so, both Spidey and Strange have a body count. Thanos's soldiers probably had families that they never made it home to. :o

The chitauri are just biological drones. Unsure what the outriders are.

The X-Men will have to be a mostly No-Kill team if they want to have that divide/distrust with Logan over his berserker rages and murderous past

The FF should also absolutely refuse to kill

And yeah, hive-mind aliens don't count lol

The X-Men will have to be a mostly No-Kill team if they want to have that divide/distrust with Logan over his berserker rages and murderous past
I'm trying to think of any other X-Men besides Wolverine who've killed in the movies and the only one who comes to mind is Storm. I guess maybe you could also consider Cyclops and Jean (pre-Phoenix) with how they dispatched Sabretooth in the first movie tag-team style with Logan but I never bought Sabretooth dying from that anyway even if we never saw him again after that point chronologically in the movies.

And let's not forget, Holland's Spider-Man fully intended to murder Osborn, had he not been stopped...

As far as I'm concerned, if you point a weapon and pull the trigger, it doesn't make you any less a murderer if the weapon jams...
Agreed, intention matters.

I'm trying to think of any other X-Men besides Wolverine who've killed in the movies and the only one who comes to mind is Storm. I guess maybe you could also consider Cyclops and Jean (pre-Phoenix) with how they dispatched Sabretooth in the first movie tag-team style with Logan but I never bought Sabretooth dying from that anyway even if we never saw him again after that point chronologically in the movies.

I was about to come in and question you, but then I remembered what happens to a toad when it’s struck by lightening.

A6D02B1E-8735-4663-9303-7D02686732E9.gif

Not even just him, she straight up electrocuted this one in X3:

Storm-Vs-Callisto-600x338.jpg

s2bthap41ea41.jpg

Damn, I forgot all about Dania Ramirez. She's another actress that screams early 00s. She was everywhere at one point, this movie, the second season of Heroes, the final season of Buffy, a few music videos with rappers.

I feel like Gamora came in and took over where she left off. But I digress lol.

Damn, I forgot all about Dania Ramirez. She's another actress that screams early 00s. She was everywhere at one point, this movie, the second season of Heroes, the final season of Buffy, a few music videos with rappers.

I feel like Gamora came in and took over where she left off. But I digress lol.

Lawd remember when Heroes was the pinnacle of superhero television?

Hahaha I remmeber there was that one episode(i forget which season) where Peter and Nathan were about to go fight some bad guy and they both started powering up and we the viewers were like "aaawww yeahh here we go FINALLY some action!" and then they go behind a door and the door shuts and all we see is flashing lights between the cracks and I was like "ARE YOU $%&^*^&%*ING KIDDING ME?"

I can't think of any other show that had such a tremendous first season only for it to completely fumble the bag the minute it came back for a second season. People blame the 2007-2008 Writer's Strike for that but that's not entirely true. The season was cut short but those scripts they had submitted well before the strike happened were still pretty bad. Once I start a show I usually see it through and finish it but I tapped out halfway through season three. I'm still amazed that NBC thought enough people still cared about that show to greenlight a reboot/sequel series years after it ended.

I was personally done with the show when they would introduce a character with interesting powers and then just feed them to Sylar on the same episode.

Like dude who could make the portals and Sylar just killed him and took his power all within the 60 mins.

I loved Zachary Quinto, but not as much as Kring did.

On the topic of heroes I’m going to give a hot hot hot take, Heroes made me realize how bad of a writer Jeph Loeb is and i think….he never was. I think Loeb is one of those comic book writers whose scripts got propped up by the artists hes worked with.

Yes, y’all, Im including Long Halloween. Its a fine story but i dont think it was ever a very sophisticatedly written piece. Every issue had the same beat “Today is a April Fools Day…July 4th..Labor Day… etc” and then throw in a Batman rogue for him to fight to give Tim Sale an excuse to draw cool splash pages. The recent animated film I actually think did it much better than the book.

Thats right y’all, hot take Tuesday from Kguillou, come at me. :o

On the topic of heroes I’m going to give a hot hot hot take, Heroes made me realize how bad of a writer Jeph Loeb is and i think….he never was. I think Loeb is one of those comic book writers whose scripts got propped up by the artists hes worked with.

Yes, y’all, Im including Long Halloween. Its a fine story but i dont think it was ever a very sophisticatedly written piece. Every issue had the same beat “Today is a April Fools Day…July 4th..Labor Day… etc” and then throw in a Batman rogue for him to fight to give Tim Sale an excuse to draw cool splash pages. The recent animated film I actually think did it much better than the book.

Thats right y’all, hot take Tuesday from Kguillou, come at me. :o
Speaking for myself, the best part of Long Halloween is Tim Sale's artwork. The story itself is fine but it's no Year One or Killing Joke IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"