Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Zach Levy feels about Dwayne co-opting his franchise

Whichever side of the fence you lean on you gotta at least admire one thing guys, at least Dwayne’s getting WB to make SOME kind of moves because lets be honest theyve been sitting on their bums so long and not making any decisions whatsoever about THAT character. Its about damn time a move was made finally. I’m just happy THAT character is back finally.

So our favorite actor Jared Leto is going to be playing late German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld. Given what a piece of human garbage Lagerfeld was, this is definitely one of those times where I have NO problem with how undoubtedly ridiculous Leto will be portraying him.
Leto is a fantastic actor. I'd watch it just for him. :)

Whichever side of the fence you lean on you hotta at least admire one thing guys, at least Dwayne’s getting WB to make SOME kind of moves because lets be honest theyve been sitting on their bums so long no making any decisions whatsoever about THAT character. Its about damn time a move was made finally.
If it's a move backwards, so what? And they haven't been "sitting on" anything. These films have been in production this whole time. WB's been through 2 regime changes in 4 years. This is the result of the labors of the previous, proven to be completely misguided, idiotic regime we're ~reaping the rewards of~ now. The ones who thought catering to the Snyder Cult was totally a great idea. Which is not to say the current regime is any better, but they don't get the credit for this.

Yeah, I'm not going to give someone credit just for doing something. It's been a decade, and I'm done holding on to the past. Too old for that role, and too stuck in this awkward limbo for me to care. Stop with this middling nonsense, and reset your feet.

I rather them do it right than just doing it for the sake of doing it.

On the subject of that rumored post credits scene:

Henry can be Superman or someone else can be. Ultimately I will judge whatever Superman movies he makes on their own merits. If WB can get a great crew together and they right that ship and it's with Henry as Superman, then great! I am not going to dismiss it out of hand.

That said, for me to be interested.. has to look better than Black Adam does.

View attachment 59116

My excited for THAT character can never be killed. But it certainly kills my interest in the movies for the foreseeable future lol.
Movies...

my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child.gif

Whichever side of the fence you lean on you gotta at least admire one thing guys, at least Dwayne’s getting WB to make SOME kind of moves because lets be honest theyve been sitting on their bums so long and not making any decisions whatsoever about THAT character. Its about damn time a move was made finally. I’m just happy THAT character is back finally.
They never stopped making movies. The problem has been the decision making going into those movies. And this is another example of why WBUniversal will exist in two years.

Leto is a fantastic actor. I'd watch it just for him. :)

I wouldn't call Leto a fantastic actor. He is an actor who a few times has been fantastic and others has been some variation of fine to laughably bad

Yeah, I'm not going to give someone credit just for doing something. It's been a decade, and I'm done holding on to the past. Too old for that role, and too stuck in this awkward limbo for me to care. Stop with this middling nonsense, and reset your feet.

I rather them do it right than just doing it for the sake of doing it.

I totally respect what you, Flick and alot are saying but idk, I also feel those who didnt take to the Snyder era should lose hope.
Cavill comes from Snyder but i think its very clear he will be playing a new, reinvigorated version of Superman. His Superman is probably going to be unrecognizable from how Snyder directed him and I guarantee you the Snyder fans are STILL going to complain that hes not a continuation of that character. Cavill’s expressed many times in the past that he actually wants to play the more classic version of Superman and idk maybe he’ll surprise y’all under a completely new vision. :)

Being real, he's probably just happy to still be aboard, tbh.

Yeah probably, he seems like a pretty humble guy
But this was basically supposed to be his big break, it's gotta be a bummer to see BA get a cameo like that when they couldn't lol
Just feel bad he's getting overshadowed... hoping Shazam 2 is better than the trailer makes it look

I totally respect what you, Flick and alot are saying but idk, I also feel those who didnt take to the Snyder era should lose hope.
Cavill comes from Snyder but i think its very clear he will be playing a new, reinvigorated version of Superman. His Superman is probably going to be unrecognizable from how Snyder directed him and I guarantee you the Snyder fans are STILL going to complain that hes not a continuation of that character. Cavill’s expressed many times in the past that he actually wants to play the more classic version of Superman and idk maybe he’ll surprise y’all under a completely new vision. :)
I appreciate the sentiment, but
I've seen pretty much ALL of the man's work. I can say with 99.99% certainty that he is utterly INCAPABLE of playing the Superman I and a lot of Supes fans have been clamoring to see. He takes himself too seriously, doesn't have any of the inherent warmth or natural goofy charm it would require, and he's faaaar too wooden of an actor to be able to fake any of it. He's simply not he guy for the job, and never has been. He has "the look" and that's literally ALL he has in his favor. He's a cardboard cutout of Superman. And that ain't enough.

Then what is the point? He isn't some compelling thespian. It's why fans of the character aren't his biggest fan, as opposed to the Snyder folk. He's not a good actor. Passable, but not good.

Yeah probably, he seems like a pretty humble guy
But this was basically supposed to be his big break, it's gotta be a bummer to see BA get a cameo like that when they couldn't lol
Just feel bad he's getting overshadowed... hoping Shazam 2 is better than the trailer makes it look
I'm lukewarm on Shazam, but I thought Shazam 2 looks fine and very enjoyable, and at the very least, infinitely better than Black Adam.

This is precisely the reason I'm not interested. I don't think they're capable of doing that well with what they're working with, and I don't think said person has interest in that kind of role. I mean just look at what kind of movie Black Adam is. It's going to be the same kind of nonsense as that, only inspired by some stupid Christ metaphor.

Also never forget...

Cavill's thoughts on a compelling story about Kal-El is Red Son. That's the kind of stuff he reads to "get Superman". He's always been a horrible choice, and while I tried to make it work back in 2013 against my better judgement when it came to Snyder, the last decade has just made it clear to me my initial instincts have always been right.

Also, this is happening to stroke Dwayne's ego. Which means they don't give a **** about getting Superman right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"