The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think this whole exchange and scene is right before the "You people are so PETTY!" line? You can see Thor looking incredulous.

:thor:

I agree though, they're acting very petty in that scene.

Last edited:
Is it me, or does Banner look amused about what Stark is trying to do?

Banner's probably just happy that he's not a social outcast anymore, and that someone is treating his condition in a light hearted manner, not making him feel bad about it.

Banner's probably just happy that he's not a social outcast anymore.

Which reminds me of a deleted scene actually from TIH, where Banner broke down in tears when he was having dinner with Sterns and Betty since that was supposedly the first time in years where he felt like he was living a normal life again.

In regards to Steve, I wonder if he's given the leadership of the team or if he just automatically takes command of leadership right away for this film.

I was just scrolling through tumblr looking at all the new Avengers gifs and I noticed something. Chris Evans may be one of the best "eye" actors alive. He really knows how to use his eyes to display emotion.

I agree. In a lot of his scenes in CA:TFA, Evans conveyed much more through his eyes and expression than through the dialog. It was the look in his eyes that made the line, "I had a date," so poignant. In a lesser actor's hands that line could have fallen flat.

The same holds true for lighter moments.

tumblr_m0ir8mdde91qfa0f0o1_r1_500.gif

So much Cap awesomeness!! *le sigh.... * That gif is perfect! I'm very impressed with the Tony/Steve antagonistic banter we've seen so far.

I hope the "Big man in a suit of armour, take that away..." follows on from this.

I think the "you people are so PETTY!" can't be far behind. I can see Thor thinking it.

I agree. In a lot of his scenes in CA:TFA, Evans conveyed much more through his eyes and expression than through the dialog. It was the look in his eyes that made the line, "I had a date," so poignant. In a lesser actor's hands that line could have fallen flat.

The same holds true for lighter moments.

tumblr_m0ir8mdde91qfa0f0o1_r1_500.gif

Crazy what good lighting and some big-boy cameras can do..the suit looks terrific here

I think the international community used to strongly dislike or even hate America back when Bush was the president, because he did alot of things that got the country very bad publicity so it is understandable why people like that kid in the focus group would say something like that. But I heard President Obama is perceived more favorably around the world now, and that may influenced how moviegoers from other countries see Capt. America.
Yeah false.

They focused group EMH on a British kid and he says he didn't like Captain America because he "hates America." :(

Blame it on Bush I guess. Little kids in England hate America now and they can't tolerate the idea of a guy wearing an American flag being the leader of the Avengers.
He was probably a chav :rolleyes:

Its ironic because they filmed Captain America in Britain.

Generally speaking the U.S reputaion did take a dip internationally under Bush administration but since Obama got in its been back to how it was pre-Bush.

Captain America First Avenger did fine globally and Marvel got the tone perfect I think. I prefer seeing Cap lead than Iron Man.

T"Challa;22658239 said:
Crazy what good lighting and some big-boy cameras can do..the suit looks terrific here

I agree. This scene makes Rogers look buff, and not skinny like some pictures have suggested. I hope the costume will look amazing on the big screen, and alleviates me concern about its design and materials.

Like I said. Evans is not a big guy and he never was and he said as much. It's just oil and good camera angles in TFA that made him look that big.

Last edited:
I think he must have been slightly bigger in TFA. His arms in the gym scene look smaller than they did in the first film.

Cap should be athletic as a priority over bulk really though. I mean, in the comics it's ok for a 240 pound linebacker sized guy doing the things a 170 pound gymnast does, being super fast etc. But that's the comics. To get live action comic book physiques you'd have to be casting wrestlers.

That's just your minds playing tricks on you. It's oil, lighting, and camera angles.

For example, for years cameras have been tricking us that Tom Cruise is not in fact a midget that is shorter than most of his leading ladies ;) .

That's just your minds playing tricks on you. It's oil, lighting, and camera angles.

For example, for years cameras have been tricking us that Tom Cruise is not in fact a midget that is shorter than most of his leading ladies ;) .

Just our minds and camera angles? :huh:

550w_gs_chris_evans_captain_america_1.jpg

550w_gs_chris_evans_captain_america_2.jpg

captainamericasetphoto1.jpg

Yes xeno000. I'm not saying he didn't work out and get in shape for the role. He clearly did.

But just like the movie magic is used to make him look like skinny Steve, they use some stuff to make him look bigger and buffer.

Just saying, in Pirates of the Carribbean, they give Keira Knightley make-up on her chest to make it look like she has cleavage and bigger boobs. She even jokes about it on the commentary.

That picture of him coming out of the tank right there. That's the "oil" and "camera" angles Evans refers to. The also probably did some make-up on his chest and abs to make them look more prominent on camera.

Just our minds and camera angles? :huh:

The guy is in good shape .... but yes, the camera angles make him look bigger than he actually is. He even admitted so, I posted the article a while back. It was fairly obvious to me, when he was shirtless they used a TON of upshots ....

"However, he refused to rely completely on digital designs. He did lose weight for the pre-Captain America look, and trained for three months to add superhero muscle.

But “camera angles and CGI” improved both ends of the spectrum, he concedes."

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/07/22/captain-americas-chris-evans-on-being-a-wimpy-kid/

Last edited:
I mean this practice has been going in movies for years. Nothing new.

Also when Charlie's Angels came out, I remember reading stories about Drew Barrymore getting airbushed and some digital surgery being done on her basically throughout the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"