The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The "I loved The Amazing Spider-Man 2" thread

I noticed that too, even right after it came out there was quite a bit of positive feedback from people. I'm not sure when it changed, but now you're lucky to even see a few fans of it.

Hmmm... I'm not sure. Four, maybe five times so far. Not a lot yet, but I still watch it occasionally and love it every time. How many have you seen it?

Yep, it sucks. :csad:

I just hope that his version of Spidey doesn't get forgotten by people. Even a lot of people who hated the movies thought he was great as Spidey.

Yeah even though I would say the movie was not out right hated it has gotten to the point where it almost semeds like only 10% like it now.

4 or 5 times you need to catch up to me lol. I have watched it 8-9 times I think 8. I saw it 3 times in theaters and 5-6 times on bluray I think 8. I have watched all the sm movies a lot. If I where to guess I would say I have watched all the sm movies this many times.

sm 40
sm2 50
sm3 35
asm 13
asm2 8-9 times.

I have to say that sm2 is by far the best then asm2 by far the second best. sm3 by far the worst and I am always kind of flip flopping on witch I like more between sm and asm has there are things I like about each more then the another. SM better villain and much much better soundtrack has I hate asm soundtrack, better suit has I hate the asm suit. ASM slightly better action, better web swinging, love story, like that you see peters smarts a lot more.

Woah, I really do need to catch up with you haha. I have no idea how many times I've seen the movies, but I've watched all of them a lot. I think I saw Spider-Man 1 the most, I've watched it more times than I can count.

As for my favorites, ASM2, ASM, SM, SM2, SM3 or something like that. They're so close though, I like all the movies, even SM3 (even though it's by far the worst). The main reason I like SM so much more is because of Green Goblin.

Woah, I really do need to catch up with you haha. I have no idea how many times I've seen the movies, but I've watched all of them a lot. I think I saw Spider-Man 1 the most, I've watched it more times than I can count.

As for my favorites, ASM2, ASM, SM, SM2, SM3 or something like that. They're so close though, I like all the movies, even SM3 (even though it's by far the worst). The main reason I like SM so much more is because of Green Goblin.

Lol I have lost count my self so those where just guess of how many times I have watched the sm movies but I have watched them a lot lol. Yeah even though sm3 is by far the worsed it still has some good things to it. I like that harry comes back to end the movie to help peter and the movies action was really good and I liked the black suit and venom just venom wasn't in the movie long enough was my biggest problem when it comes to venom in the movie. I do agree that green goblin was great in sm1 best performance in a CBM for a villain outside of joker in dark knight and he had some really great lines in the movie but sm2 took ever thing good/great about sm1 and made it like 5 times better lol.

I honestly can't remember how many times I've seen each SM film in total. As for theater viewings:

Spider-Man - [2]
Spider-Man 2 - [3]
Spider-Man 3 - [1]
The Amazing Spider-Man - [5]
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - [2]

*sees that Spider2099 posted in the "I loved ASM2 thread"*

Pnoqrge.gif

But wow, you saw it in theaters more than I did, lol. I rarely ever go see a movie for a second time while in theaters though, I usually just wait for it to come out on BR/DVD, even with my absolute favorites (w/ the exception of TDKR & Scream 4, both of which I saw multiple times lol). Anyways, I need to rewatch all of the Spidey films again sometime soon. It's been awhile since I've watched the original trilogy. And yeah, I agree spiderman2. Harry/Goblin saves SM-3 for me, I love his whole storyline in that movie.

Lol. I remember the 2002 Spider-Man film is the first time I ever saw a movie more than once in theaters. That became a tradition with the rest of the Spider-Man movies.

I remember seeing TASM2 with one group of friends and then saw it 1 week later with another group of people. I was very confused as to how I felt about the movie initially so I needed to see it again to clarify my thoughts and feelings.

*sees that Spider2099 posted in the "I loved ASM2 thread"*

Pnoqrge.gif

But wow, you saw it in theaters more than I did, lol. I rarely ever go see a movie for a second time while in theaters though, I usually just wait for it to come out on BR/DVD, even with my absolute favorites (w/ the exception of TDKR & Scream 4, both of which I saw multiple times lol). Anyways, I need to rewatch all of the Spidey films again sometime soon. It's been awhile since I've watched the original trilogy. And yeah, I agree spiderman2. Harry/Goblin saves SM-3 for me, I love his whole storyline in that movie.

Lol you guys find the best photo things for stuff. I don't know how you guys go about trying to find funny things like that. I didn't like that harry loses his mermory for like half of sm3 but I still liked that he came back and understood that him and peter where still friends and that peter didn't just merder his dad.

Lol. I remember the 2002 Spider-Man film is the first time I ever saw a movie more than once in theaters. That became a tradition with the rest of the Spider-Man movies.

I remember seeing TASM2 with one group of friends and then saw it 1 week later with another group of people. I was very confused as to how I felt about the movie initially so I needed to see it again to clarify my thoughts and feelings.

I am not sure if sm was the first movie I saw in theaters more then once or not. I know there are another movies outside of sm now that I have saw more then once. Last year I saw XMEN DOFP 2 times and intersteller 2 times and asm2 3 times. I wanted to see dawn of the apes 2 times but I only saw it once in theaters its my favorite movie of 2015.

When it comes to sm movies I think I saw each of them 2 times in theaters outside of asm2 witch I saw 3 times. I was going to stop after 2 but I had a free ticket for that movie that I think I got with the spectacular spider man blu ray dvd or something. After I saw asm2 for the first time I new I loved it but I was kind of confused with how I felt to lol. I think the thing was that it was so much different then another CBM because it is basicly just a love story and people act like there where a million things going on when really the story was just peters and gwens love and peter trying to get over his promise form asm. After I saw it once I new I loved it but I wasn't sure if I liked it more then cap 2 or xmen dofp or not. After I saw it a second time I loved it even more and I liked it even more then both cap 2 and xmen dofp.

I remember seeing the first two films at least twice in the theaters back in 2002 and 2004 and the audience applauded each time I saw them.

I only saw SM3 once and that was trip. Everyone was laughing at the MJ / Peter break up scene and the Harry and Peter Dinner scene. The audience laughed during the first Emo strut sequence but then were silent during the jazz samba dancing. I guessed at the point people the audience was just surprised at what they were actually seeing. Then, once Peter smacked MJ the audience gasped and some guy yelled, "Oh my god!", and there was silence. From that moment , I knew they had killed the franchise. No one clapped at the end and it was like leaving a funeral.

The ASM films I only saw once. My audience clapped after ASM 1 but was silent after ASM 2.

It upsets me how this series/movie wasn't as appreciated as it deserved to be :csad: Lord knows, had this movie been more successful, it wouldn't be getting half of the hate it already gets on this forum

Just got done watching the movie for a 7th time man I love this movie gets better ever time. Hear are my top 5 favorite moments parts of the movie.

1. Last fight with electro. Second best fight in a spider man movie behind only the train fight in sm2 and so much eye candy.
2. The goblin fight. Yes it was short but it was a fast paced fight and very intise and when gwen dies it still gets to me. Great acting by Garfield.
3. Your my boy. Just a great emotion sinces with Peter and ant may. Need more sinces like this with May and Peter.
4. Peter and Gwen on top of the bridged
5. The who am I am electro. It was just badass.

That is definitely one of the best scenes. It highlights something I think everyone should get behind and understand. According to May, Peter's father just upped and abandoned him because of reasons. Of course he did not, but he failed to share that with her therefore shame on him for that at least. Yet Peter still wants some connection to his father, some longing for. But why? Asks May. I (Aunt May) was there for you, I raised you, I took care of you. Yet, you're wasting all your time and resources on this jerk?! This scene highlighted that direct blood does not account for **** for loyalty.
By far the best Aunt May of all time. Personally, I am tired of the original May of the comics and Raimi films of just old, sometimes comic relief, silly, innocent old lady who can offer something wise every now and then.

Add me to the list of the fans that love TASM2.

It does have it's issues, but it is nowhere and I mean NOWHERE near the clusterbang half of the fandom makes it out to be. I could write a thesis on why, but maybe later. I don't have the energy.

Let's just say I love how earnest and playful it is. I love the visuals. I love the cast. I love the romance. I love the comedy (most of it), I love the drama. I love the score. I love almost everything about it. It's in my top 10 superhero films ever.

You can actually read my 10 here and it illustrates my points for the most part: https://teschberger.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/top-10-superhero-movies-ever/

I'm not spamming. I swear. If this falls under spamming I apologize and feel free to delete the link and scold me.

I'd be interested in this thesis, even though I do agree with everything you just said on the film.

I enjoyed the TASM series. I honestly think the casting was one of the best ever in a CBM. Just the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately.

I honestly think the casting was one of the best ever in a CBM.
So true. Garfield, Stone, and DeHaan are some of my favorite casting choices ever in a CBM, but really I loved the entire cast from start to finish.

So true. Garfield, Stone, and DeHaan are some of my favorite casting choices ever in a CBM, but really I loved the entire cast from start to finish.

I hadn't seen much of Emma's work before TASM, but I've officially become a fan after she did such an outstanding job as Gwen. Bringing that character to life is something for which I'll be forever grateful.

It's no secret that I didn't want Sony to make the deal with Marvel, chiefly because I don't think it was necessary. I'm still bummed that we won't get to see the TASM story finished, especially after the way TASM2 ended, but I'm still going to support this MCU Spidey franchise because I'd rather have Spider-Man in the MCU than no Spider-Man at all, even though I would've preferred that they finish up the TASM story instead of deciding to hit the panic button and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

For the record, BTW, I still think TASM2 is the second-best Spidey film we've gotten to date behind Spider-Man 2.

Two years later and I still love this movie despite the flaws.

This scene will always hold a special place in my heart, but watching this gif is like psychological torture. You can almost hear the bones shattering.

Same, man. Remember when the first set pics were coming out? Those were the days. Met a lot of good folks because of this awesome movie.

:up:

This scene will always hold a special place in my heart, but watching this gif is like psychological torture. You can almost hear the bones shattering.

Every time I see that, I hear the random woman from my theater gasp followed by utter silence.

Bone chilling.

^Agreed with the last three posts.

:highfive:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back