The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The "I loved The Amazing Spider-Man 2" thread

Indeed.

Not sure why people have so much trouble understanding it.

Webb's the god damn director of ASM2. Of course some of the blame's on him.

Indeed.

I think it is 50/50 sony and web. There was a lot of great things cut that would have mad the movie much better that shouldn't have been cut so some of that has got to be sony and some of that has got to be web for not standing up and saying this needs to stay in the movie.

Dont know whether I should be in this thread, watched the movie again tonight, and I certainly love MOMENTS in the movie, but as a whole its such a frustrating movie. When it flies, it really flies. But when it sinks, it really sinks.

I will say the first 30 mins and the last 30 mins are some really good stuff.

Agreed.

Indeed.

Yes! As much as Sam Raimi is to blame for Spider-Man 3.

Like Sam raimi with the third movie. I'm not a fan of ripping on directors with talent that had been abused by studios but it is a good lesson for us to criticize them to toughen them up

I'm back again again (again?)! I, uh... the title. That. I did.

On my 13th viewing yesterday since it came out.

Just noticed that during the first scenes with Harry at Ravencroft when we see Kafka go past a cell door on the right the guy banging on the bars looked familiar. its a quick shot and if you pause this bit the guy with the yellow prison outfit looks similar to the guy who was dragged away in the first TASM Oscorp scene. also if not he kinda reminded me due to the side shot of his face to be Ratha.

9eeSG8m.jpg

This guy makes the same face... all the time.

kinda hoped he may have been a contender for Mysterio. :shr:

Just got done watching the movie for a 7th time man I love this movie gets better ever time. Hear are my top 5 favorite moments parts of the movie.

1. Last fight with electro. Second best fight in a spider man movie behind only the train fight in sm2 and so much eye candy.
2. The goblin fight. Yes it was short but it was a fast paced fight and very intise and when gwen dies it still gets to me. Great acting by Garfield.
3. Your my boy. Just a great emotion sinces with Peter and ant may. Need more sinces like this with May and Peter.
4. Peter and Gwen on top of the bridged
5. The who am I am electro. It was just badass.

Last edited:
Yes, I loved this film!
By far my favourite out of all the Spidey films

In strength, agility, swinging, acrobatics, and all the athletic aspects, this movie is the best presentation of Spider-Man on film, and I love that.

In strength, agility, swinging, acrobatics, and all the athletic aspects, this movie is the best presentation of Spider-Man on film, and I love that.

IMO the only redeeming quality of the movie together with Emma Stone's Gwen and a bunch of decent scenes.

I think with all the cut scenes, script intentions and a better editor the film could be improved.

I noticed Sony's intervention, with Dark Knight Ripoff two planes (Boats exploding scene)
The campy Doctor and the tone changes from the first TASM

Its like Sony wanted a Dark Knight trilogy with the Amazing Spider-Man that wasnt a huge hit then they retorted back to Rami's camp style when Sony should have left the Director alone because he is good with character interaction and real life themes.

Sony ruins movies

Last edited:
This thread is such a breath of fresh air from the rest of the forums, I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. :funny:

I just recently rewatched the first ASM again and I'm planning on watching this one soon too. It's been awhile, but I love it just as much every time I rewatch it. I was shocked when I first read some of the reviews.

TipqJp9.gif

This thread is such a breath of fresh air from the rest of the forums, I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. :funny:

I just recently rewatched the first ASM again and I'm planning on watching this one soon too. It's been awhile, but I love it just as much every time I rewatch it. I was shocked when I first read some of the reviews.

TipqJp9.gif

Before the movie came out and the reviews where starting to come in I was really really worried has I was hearing that the movie had uneven tone and to cheesy ect then I went and saw the movie and I didn't get how it was uneven or how it was to cheesy. I am still confused by like 90% of the hate for this movie and I am going throw the sm movies again the last few days. I was going to maybe go in order but instead I watch sm1 then asm2, sm2 and sm3 still have asm1 left to watch and even after this last watch of asm2 like my 8th time watching the movie I still don't get how people can say this movie is any where near a bad movie. It is easily the second best sm movie behind only sm2.

Great post spiderman2. :up:

I needed to come back to this thread now, the rest of the Spidey boards drive me crazy sometimes, lol.

I think with all the cut scenes, script intentions and a better editor the film could be improved.

I noticed Sony's intervention, with Dark Knight Ripoff two planes (Boats exploding scene)
The campy Doctor and the tone changes from the first TASM

Its like Sony wanted a Dark Knight trilogy with the Amazing Spider-Man that wasnt a huge hit then they retorted back to Rami's camp style when Sony should have left the Director alone because he is good with character interaction and real life themes.

Sony ruins movies

It wasn't like the first Amazing Spiderman was the highest grossing reboot of all time, Sony..... <_<

Great post spiderman2. :up:

I needed to come back to this thread now, the rest of the Spidey boards drive me crazy sometimes, lol.

Lol yeah it is hard being a fan of asm2. Before asm2 came out there was a lot of positive form people on hear about the movie but when the movie came out a lot of people where disappointed and hated the movie so then ever thing went form positive to negative. So like how many times would you say you have watched the movie so far?

It wasn't like the first Amazing Spiderman was the highest grossing reboot of all time, Sony..... <_<

Reboots are always going to make less because you are going to turn people away and have to make a good movie to bring them back but for a reboot asm1 did quit while in box office.

Lol yeah it is hard being a fan of asm2. Before asm2 came out there was a lot of positive form people on hear about the movie but when the movie came out a lot of people where disappointed and hated the movie so then ever thing went form positive to negative. So like how many times would you say you have watched the movie so far?
I noticed that too, even right after it came out there was quite a bit of positive feedback from people. I'm not sure when it changed, but now you're lucky to even see a few fans of it.

Hmmm... I'm not sure. Four, maybe five times so far. Not a lot yet, but I still watch it occasionally and love it every time. How many have you seen it?

lol that is to funny. It will dose suck that the GOAT of sm got wasted on movies that people tend to think are ok or crapy. If the over all reception for asm1 and 2 where a lot better people would be giving him a lot more credit then what people are giving him. He has became under aprechatied by people now.
Yep, it sucks. :csad:

I just hope that his version of Spidey doesn't get forgotten by people. Even a lot of people who hated the movies thought he was great as Spidey.

Reboots are always going to make less because you are going to turn people away and have to make a good movie to bring them back but for a reboot asm1 did quit while in box office.

Thing about Sony is that they usually make crummy business decisions. What's that? They have games like uncharted and the last of us? Well, that makes up for everything then! I'm pretty upset that no one called out Sony in the past and chose to bully other developers of games and other media, when they're doing just fine.

On the subject of Spiderman... It's unfortunate that it was during the time of Sony being bad at everything. I really liked the first and thought the second had a lot of material to span many great movies..... But alas, life isn't fair... The only good thing about all of this is people finally catching up to Sony's BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"