The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Sasha Banks as Sabine? Sign me up for that theory.

Well, that Robe she is wearing looks more like the Mandalorian Hooded Robes that Bo and her Mandos had on in that last season of Clone Wars, when they were looking for Ashoka on Coruscant.

Problem with that is, Sabine is asian and Sasha Banks isn’t. I’m not sure that’d go over well.

Ive honestly never thought Sabine looked asian. At the end of the day, the character is of a fictional alien race, doesn't look earth Asian in Rebels, and she's voiced by an Indian/American in Rebels. So Sasha Banks should be fine.

Look at Ahsoka. She's alien, is voiced by a pasty white Kentucky girl in Rebels, and is played by a Cuban/Puerto Rican/ American from New York in Mando.

Disney isn't really trying to be exact about earth races with these characters.

Ive honestly never thought Sabine looked asian. At the end of the day, the character is of a fictional alien race, doesn't look earth Asian in Rebels, and she's voiced by an Indian/American in Rebels. So Sasha Banks should be fine.

Look at Ahsoka. She's alien, is voiced by a pasty white Kentucky girl in Rebels, and is played by a Cuban/Puerto Rican/ American from New York in Mando.

I mean, look at her parents. They seem pretty asian to me and her father is voiced by an asian actor.
images

images

Plus, Ahsoka’s a Togruta, it’s not really a comparable situation. They have leeway with who they cast because she isn’t human.

Also, the folks saying Sabine is this or that...

You misread Dave Feloni's name in the credits?

I mean, "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away" people...

They made it clear that much like Jango, Sabine and her family were meant to be from the Pacific Ocean. I always thought more Kiwi then Japanese, but clearly in the same general ball park. They went out of their way to make Sabine and her family look very distinct from those in the capital, more similar to Jango. Which considering Fenn Rau's reaction to the idea that Jango is a "real" Mando. The "Mando race realist" being Hitler's wet dream was never lost on me.

Also the fictional alien race thing? Sabine like Luke or Finn is a human in Star Wars canon. These people have races that mirror Earth's. We know this. This isn't really a debate. If John Mulaney had showed up to play Lando in Solo, there would have been issue. Imagine doing a live action Aphra, who we are told is Asian by her creator, being played by someone not Asian.

Personally, I really like Sasha but I am conflicted if she is Sabine. Because outside of her awesome hair, she looks nothing like Sabine. She's also tiny, which I never got the impression Sabine was.

Season 2 trailer looks sharp, I'm hyped. Though I am quite surprised they didn't reveal Rosario Tano. I did half expect the trailer to end with her lightsaber igniting and walking out of the darkness.

I think with all the upcoming special guests, they wanted us to focus that this is still about Din being The Child's Protector. I guarantee there'll be another trailer before the show starts with more cameos being shown. Just look at how this trailer was just basically Din and The Child traveling and one interaction with a random alien at the end. There's definitely a lot they were trying to hide.

I'm hoping this season retains the episodic nature of the majority of the first season. Getting into the dark saber and Moff Gideon and the greater lore tends to not support that kind of storytelling, but the show is at its best when it's just focused on the Mando and Child going on loosely connected adventures.

I'm hoping this season retains the episodic nature of the majority of the first season. Getting into the dark sabre and Moff Gideon and the greater lore tends to not support that kind of storytelling, but the show is at its best when it's just focused on the Mando and Child going on loosely connected adventures.
I don't really agree, episodes 1,3,7, and 8 were by far my favorite of the season and they all were focused on moving the main plotline forward, while episode 5 was probably the most disconnected from the plot and was easily the weakest imo.

I mean odds are Sasha ISN'T Sabine but her own character...but I'd be cool with her being Sabine

I mean odds are Sasha ISN'T Sabine but her own character...but I'd be cool with her being Sabine
I do feel like the rumors probably link her with Sabine more because of her hair than any actually reliable reason. It is worth remembering that Sabine and even Ahsoka are not actually confirmed, there's no guarantee that they're even going to show up at all this season.

I do wonder if Season 2 will attempt to give some type of explanation on why Mando's actions have not caught Luke's attention. Granted, I know it's a big universe. However, you would think that Baby Yoda's presence would have been felt by Luke as well.

Also, I'm still wondering on why Jedi are still viewed as a myth at this point. Wouldn't Luke's actions as a Jedi Knight be common knowledge to most by now?

I do wonder if Season 2 will attempt to give some type of explanation on why Mando's actions have not caught Luke's attention. Granted, I know it's a big universe. However, you would think that Baby Yoda's presence would have been felt by Luke as well.

Also, I'm still wondering on why Jedi are still viewed as a myth at this point. Wouldn't Luke's actions as a Jedi Knight be common knowledge to most by now?

Its possible Luke did seek out Gizmo, but never found him. Gizmo is a strong presence in the Force, but Gizmo is in the Unknown Region and the Far Outer Rim constantly moving and hiding.

I'm not sure how widely known Luke's actions are at this point. The Jedi being a myth is a problem of chronology, because it's only been about thirty years since they were at their prime, but that's been a consistent problem since Lucas made the prequels.

What did Luke ever do in the OT to make a common "person" who's never seen a Jedi believe he was one?

Han literally says his shot was 1 in a million in Ep. 4
He force pulls his lightsaber on Hoth when no one was around in Ep. 5
He gets laughed at for failing to do a jedi mind trick to Jabba in Ep. 6

Am I missing any example of power he ever showed a crowd?

So what’s up with the rumor of Pedro Pascal leaving halfway through season 2?

I call BS on this rumor but I wonder how in the hell this all started

What did Luke ever do in the OT to make a common "person" who's never seen a Jedi believe he was one?

Han literally says his shot was 1 in a million in Ep. 4
He force pulls his lightsaber on Hoth when no one was around in Ep. 5
He gets laughed at for failing to do a jedi mind trick to Jabba in Ep. 6

Am I missing any example of power he ever showed a crowd?
Rey knows who Luke Skywalker is in TFA and she lived in the middle of no where. So the legend of Luke Skywalker is out there, while his sister at the very least is a prominent member of the New Republic and his brother-in-law is a well known war hero. The Falcon is well known. Considering Luke also helped take out Jabba, I am going to assume he is well known enough in the backwaters of the galaxy a well.

All that said, it seems really weird that the Mandos on this show, don't know what a Jedi is properly. Because they were in abundance less then 30 years before this, and interacted with the Mandos regularly. Heck, all the big events that happened with the people of Mandalore involve the Jedi. Less then 10 years before this show is meant to take place, Ezra and Kanan helped reclaim Mandalore for it's people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"