The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Being fair, Star Wars has been such a large part of popular culture for the past 50 years, that it should be nearly impossible to to avoid its touch. Someone specifically identifying as "not a fan" of something as ubiquitous as Star Wars? Suggests to me a couple possibilities, at least *some* of which would legitimately be disqualifying factors for major creative involvement in new Star Wars stuff. You shouldn't hire a screenwriter or director to do a property, who hates the very foundational principles and themes of said property.

You shouldn't hire a screenwriter or director to do a property, who hates the very foundational principles and themes of said property.

Well, they hired and hyped up Rian Johnson as the biggest Star Wars fans ever, as far as anyone being involved with the franchise and well, it goes without saying how that turned out. So it goes both ways.

One more month to go!

I hope no more footage or pics are released. Let us be pleasantly surprised like we were with Baby Yoda

Just imagine how everyone will react once Ahsoka or Boba Fett appear :woo:

One more month to go!

I hope no more footage or pics are released. Let us be pleasantly surprised like we were with Baby Yoda

Agreed. I doubt they'd spoil those two in a trailer. They don't need to.

Well, they hired and hyped up Rian Johnson as the biggest Star Wars fans ever, as far as anyone being involved with the franchise and well, it goes without saying how that turned out. So it goes both ways.

Well, yes, stuff like that and Snyder is why I say "shouldn't". Which is to say, its a bad idea, but bad ideas still get done.

One more month to go!

I mean, it’s not hard to just stay off forums/social media for a few weeks if you really don’t wanna be spoiled.

Just a suggestion as you’re in for a disappointment because Disney+ is gonna push hard for new subscribers before this show starts. That marketing blitz is gonna hit hard too as they don’t have much else to advertise right now either.

Agreed. I doubt they'd spoil those two in a trailer. They don't need to.
I could see them keeping Boba Fett a surprise since he's obviously the more famous character but I could also see them showing Ahsoka since the average viewer who's only familiar with the movies wouldn't really know her, even if they recognize the character.

I could see them keeping Boba Fett a surprise since he's obviously the more famous character but I could also see them showing Ahsoka since the average viewer who's only familiar with the movies wouldn't really know her, even if they recognize the character.

They're not gonna want to keep Boba a surprise any more than they did with Vader from the Rogue One trailer. Everybody who "knows" he'll be on the show already knows. Disney is not marketing to "us" and is gonna market Boba Fett showing up to draw new subscribers in.

Having no context in the initial season 2 trailer was just to remind people this show is still about Din and The Child. But once the next trailer comes out, I'm sure nobody will be talking about Din. If anything, Sasha Banks split second being the highlight of the trailer discussion is proof of that.

They're not gonna want to keep Boba a surprise any more than they did with Vader from the Rogue One trailer. Everybody who "knows" he'll be on the show already knows. Disney is not marketing to "us" and is gonna market Boba Fett showing up to draw new subscribers in.

Having no context in the initial season 2 trailer was just to remind people this show is still about Din and The Child. But once the next trailer comes out, I'm sure nobody will be talking about Din. If anything, Sasha Banks split second being the highlight of the trailer discussion is proof of that.

Anybody who is watching season 2 is watching season 2. Boba Fett ain’t changing anybody’s mind at this point.

Anybody who is watching season 2 is watching season 2. Boba Fett ain’t changing anybody’s mind at this point.

That’s my point. We already have Disney+, so we don’t matter. But they’re gonna wanna rope in new subs before the show starts and the mainstream media going crazy with “Boba Fett returning” news is the way to do that when the premiere gets closer. It’s simple marketing 101.

It's confirmed from an offical Disney channel. Don't be a *****e.

When it was "reported" weeks ago that she was playing Ahsoka, none of these official channels denied it - which is usually a confirmation by itsef.

When it was "reported" weeks ago that she was playing Ahsoka, none of these official channels denied it - which is usually a confirmation by itsef.
Well isn't it great that we finally have offical confirmation from an official source!

https://directories.wga.org/project/1185542/the-mandalorian/

Episode #:
2 - 1
Title:
TBD 201
Credit:
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)
Episode #:
2 - 2
Title:
TBD 202
Credit:
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)
Episode #:
2 - 3
Title:
TBD 203
Credit:
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)
Episode #:
2 - 4
Title:
TBD 204
Credit:
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)
Episode #:
2 - 5
Title:
TBD 205
Credit:
  • Written by: Dave Filoni
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)
Episode #:
2 - 6
Title:
TBD 206
Credit:
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)
Episode #:
2 - 7
Title:
TBD 207
Credit:
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)
Episode #:
2 - 8
Title:
TBD 208
Credit:
Final Credit Date:
(08/28/2020)

I know the show is doing its own thing musically, but I hope Göransson does a variation on Kevin Kiner's Ahsoka theme (same applies to Sabine's theme if she shows up), I'd like actual character themes to be consistent across the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"