The Matrix Resurrections

Anyone else more hyped for this than NWH? I certainly am.
without-question.gif

I've been a fan of his since Spring Awakening and his success in movies/TV has been one of the more awesome surprises for me to witness over the last decade. I really thought he'd always be that obscure little Broadway gem I loved. :funny:
FC knows how to pick'em. :D

I get hyped every time he shows up. Few people can go from having such kind eyes to those of a mass murderer, but he pulls it off beautifully. Thinking about it, he'd probably be a fantastic Lex. He could pull of the sinister/arrogant intelligence, while also hinting at the madness.

FC knows how to pick'em. :D

I get hyped every time he shows up. Few people can go from having such kind eyes to those of a mass murderer, but he pulls it off beautifully. Thinking about it, he'd probably be a fantastic Lex. He could pull of the sinister/arrogant intelligence, while also hinting at the madness.
That's one I'd never considered but a really good shout. My picks for Lex have always been on the older side because I've always liked the notion of Lex being older than Supes, but if they wanted a younger Lex next time out, he'd definitely be towards the top of my list. :up:

Raimi/Garfield eras of Spider-Man are to their super fans is what Neo/Trinity/Morpheus/Smith, are to me. The amount of time I wasted online getting hyped for Reloaded is embarrassing. Hours on end reading theory after theory. I am incredibly impressed that they found two actors to play Morpheus and Smith that don't have me actvitely saying, "but I wish they came back".

That's one I'd never considered but a really good shout. My picks for Lex have always been on the older side because I've always liked the notion of Lex being older than Supes, but if they wanted a younger Lex next time out, he'd definitely be towards the top of my list. :up:
It's WB/DC, FC. By the time the next Superman movie comes out, he will be on the "older side". :o

Raimi/Garfield eras of Spider-Man are to their super fans is what Neo/Trinity/Morpheus/Smith, are to me. The amount of time I wasted online getting hyped for Reloaded is embarrassing. Hours on end reading theory after theory. I am incredibly impressed that they found two actors to play Morpheus and Smith that don't have me actvitely saying, "but I wish they came back".
I'm not gonna lie, I am going to miss Fishburne and especially Weaving a lot in this, but both Abdul-Mateen and Groff are worthy successors.

Anyone else more hyped for this than NWH? I certainly am.

And that one riff of "Wake Up" was just *chef's kiss*

Oh this is easily what I am more excited about.

1. Not sold on MCU Spider-man movies.

2. As fun as seeing the old people again is, it is still ripping off the best Spider-man movie made, which I can easily watch at home.

Okay I wasn't all that impressed with the previous trailer, but this new one actually makes it look like it could pretty awesome, especially the action sequences and the visuals. This is a much better trailer IMO and now I can't wait to revisit the first three movies this month in preparation before this movie comes out.

That's what I did too.

They were showing The Matrix back in cinemas here in the UK last week so I went to see it.

Then watched Reloaded & Revolutions at home.

I am so ready for Resurrections!

2. As fun as seeing the old people again is, it is still ripping off the best Spider-man movie made, which I can easily watch at home.
You can also watch the trailer for the sequel right now! :D

Even if it isn't really a trailer! :argh:

It's really not though. The Spider-Verse as a concept originated in the comics. Saying that No Way Home is ripping off Into the Spider-Verse is like saying The Dark Knight is a ripoff of Batman '89 because Batman fights the Joker in it. Now if Peter is hanging out in his room listening to "Sunflower" and jumping off buildings while "What's Up Danger" plays in the background in NWH, then that's a different story.

Last edited:
It's really not though. The Spider-Verse as a concept originated in the comics. Saying that No Way Home is ripping off Into the Spider-Verse is like saying The Dark Knight is a ripoff of Batman '89 because Batman fights the Joker in it. Now if Peter is hanging out in his room listening to "Sunflower" and jumping off buildings while "What's Up Danger" plays in the background, then that's a different story.
I thought the Spider-Verse was from Shattered Dimensions?

Wow…this looks bad.
Still not recovered after my Revolutions dissapointment.
Hard pass for me in the cinema.

Don’t look up probably my most anticipated December flick now. And Nightmare Alley

Still digesting the splendiferousness of the new trailer, they haven't given away too much of the plot, more like sprinkled tantalising breadcrumbs while hitting the senses with stunning visuals and some incredible looking action. :wow: The first Matrix movie is iconic, one of those rare times I was truly blown away by something that felt like nothing I'd seen before, even if it knitted together clear influences. I was hyped to the roof for Reloaded and I mostly enjoyed it and the buzz around the build up was incredible, but Revolutions was a damp squib imo so it's great to feel so enthusiastic for this movie as I only had a passing curiosity for it when it was initially announced.

This trailer was worth it just for all the Henwick in it. Though I guess the other parts were okay too. :o

Your appreciation of Miss Henwick allows me to to overlook your appreciation of Larry Omega. :oldrazz: :cwink:

I didn't even recognize that was Jada at first.

jada-pinkett-smith-matrix-resurrections-niobe.jpg

:wow: I wouldn't have realised if you hadn't posted this.

I'm not gonna lie, I am going to miss Fishburne and especially Weaving a lot in this, but both Abdul-Mateen and Groff are worthy successors.
They've chosen well. There's no replacing peak Fishburne and Weaving and their impact on this franchise, but this is a good way of moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"